“Unable to query server info for invite”- many users get this error message while playing ARK: Survival Evolved, an action-adventure survival video game. Studio Wildcard developed this game in collaboration with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios and Virtual Basement.
When this error message pops up, users find the in-game server browser empty. Not only that, the user can not play the game as the official servers are not visible. After doing various researches, we have found some causes of this error as well as several working solutions.
If you are facing this error or want to know how to resolve it then go through this page till the end. Hopefully, the solutions explained here would help you to resolve this error. But before discussing the solutions let’s look at common causes of the issue.
Reason for Unable to Query Server Info for Invite Ark Error
Usually, you can find “unable to query server info for invite” error message with the popular server that you want to join or you can receive it on your own server when the other participants will try to join the server to play this game. The common causes of this unfortunate error message are:
- A broken Winsock catalog is one of the major causes of this problem.
- Due to the auto-connecting server that does not exist any longer or if it changes its location by using the launch options then this error message might appear on the screen.
- If you have installed any new program on your computer and for that, you are using the ports which are generally used for hosting the ARK: Survival server, then you need to free those ports.
Easy Solutions to Fix Ark Unable to Query Server Info for Invite
Check out the following solutions if you find the “unable to query server info for invite” message popping up on your screen.
1. Try to Use the Command Prompt
If you find a faulty Winsock catalog then reset it by using a command in the command prompt.
First, go to the bottom left corner of your computer’s screen and click on Start.
- Type in the search bar ‘Command Prompt’ and select it from the search result.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose “Run as administrator” from the dropdown menu.
- On the Command Prompt window page, type next to blinking cursor the following command-“netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Wait until you get the “Winsock reset completed successfully” message.
- Double-click on ARK: Survival Evolved game and relaunch it.
- Once you are done, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
2. Connect to the Server Automatically
After configuring the launch options for the game, once you try to connect to your favorite server this error message might pop up. At this time, try to use this method and resolve this problem.
- Click Start from the bottom left corner of your screen and type Steam in the search bar.
- Open the Steam application by clicking on it.
- On the Steam window, navigate to the Library tab and find ARK: Survival Evolved in the list.
- Right-click on the entry of the game and hit the Properties options.
- Go to the General tab in the Properties window and hit the Set launch options button.
- Remove the “connect ‘server-IP’:’port” entry. In case, if you are unable to find this option then search the IP address of the server that you want to connect and type “connect<your_server’ SIP> to resolve the issue.
- Relaunch the game and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
3. Forward Various Ports
Due to this error, if you can not open your ARK: Survival Evolved servers then try out different ports and fix this issue.
- Launch a browser of your choice.
- Go to the top of the window, type your default IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Type your login credentials when you are prompted to do so. In case you do not have your default username and password, then check your document or the sticker on the router.
- In the browser window, search for the port forwarding section and log into your router. Each router window is different from each other. There could be some common menu present in the settings section, “Port Forwarding”, Applications, Gaming are few of the common ones.
- Type all the basic details in the respective field. You also enter the port that you want to launch.
- The outbound rules that you need to write are described down below.
TCP / UDP Ports 7777 and 7778
TCP / UDP Port 27015
- From the drop-down, choose the service type. Until you cover all the ranges, you need to repeat the steps several times.
- Once you are done, hit the Save or Apply button and reboot your router and the computer.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods resolve the “ARK unable to query server info for invite” issue then reinstall the game and try to eliminate the problem. Here in this section, we are going to describe two methods for re-installing the game.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your computer screen and click on the Start logo.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and choose it from the search result. You can also click on the gear icon to launch the Settings application if you are using a new version of Windows.
- Go to the top right corner and click on View as: Category in the Control Panel window.
- Click on Uninstall a Program under Program.
- For Settings applications, you need to click on the Apps section. Here you can see all the listed programs on your computer.
- In the control panel or Settings applications, search ARK: Survival Reloaded game and click on it.
- In the Uninstall a program window hit the Uninstall button.
- Click on any prompts appearing on the screen and confirm the uninstallation.
If you are a Steam user then this method will be helpful for you.
- On your desktop, double-click on the Steam entry to open it or search it in the Start menu.
- In the Steam window, go to the Library tab and search ARK: Survival Evolved in the list of the games.
- Select Uninstall entry from the drop-down by right-clicking on the game’s entry in the list.
- Choose and confirm the dialog boxes to uninstall the game and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you complete the uninstallation process, use the physical copy that you have purchased and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the game.
- Why Steam is having Trouble connecting to the Steam Servers?
- RPC Server Is Unavailable | Try Some Easy Methods To Make RPC Server Available
Hopefully, the above fixes will help you to resolve the “ARK unable to query server info for invite” error in no time.