Audio and voice recording is an important feature that is available with MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro. Mac computers have inbuilt apps that enable you to record your audio with them. It is beneficial because you do not have to use a third-party software or make further downloads to record the audio clips. This article describes the ways by which you can record audios on Mac effortlessly.
Record Audio On Mac By Using Microphone
Mac computers come with built-in microphones which you can use to record an audio. You can record an audio by using the analog and the digital converter of your Mac computer. Still, if you want a superior quality recording, then you can buy a high-end studio microphone.
So let’s start with the process of audio recording on your Mac by following the steps given below.
- On the right side of your Mac computer, you will find the line-in port beside the USB port.
- Set the speaker at a high level so that it can easily recognize the analog input. Then plug the microphone jack into the line-in port.
- Click the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences.’
- Go to the ‘input’ tab to find the list of devices that you can use for your computer.
- Choose line-in to set the volume above 80 and close the Window.
- Play the audio and press the ‘record’ button.
- After finishing the recording, press the ‘record’ or ‘stop’ button.
- Make the necessary changes in the recording before saving them on Mac.
Besides, there are certain apps which can help you record audio on your Mac. Some are available at free of cost also. These apps are preinstalled on some of the Mac versions. But if your mac does not have any of them, you will need to download them. Some apps facilitate recording of longer videos and have the option to edit your audio. You may add additional plugins to improve the performance of these apps. They can have an audio synthesizer to add extra effects to your audio and make it more attractive.
Record Voice On Mac By Using QuickTime
- Go to ‘Application’, select ‘folder’, and open QuickTime.
- Expand the ‘file’ menu and choose ‘New Audio Recording.’
- Go to ‘Settings’ beside the Record button and change the settings.
- You can change the built-in mic of your Mac computer to external mic if you are using an external microphone.
- Tap on the ‘Record’ button and start the recording.
- Once you are done with the recording, tap on the Record button again to end the recording.
- A new Window opens where you need to give a name to your audio file and click on the ‘Save’ option.
- Your computer will save the audio as an MP4 file.
The format is applicable to a variety of devices such as iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Windows, and many Smartphones. You can use this method to record as many audios as you want. But before recording, ensure that there is enough disk space on your computer.
Recover Missing Audios
You may accidentally delete the audio files recorded on your Mac device. If you record audios despite having low disk space, they generally overwrite the older files. Therefore, you may worry about how you can get back the missing audio files.
You can regain your access to these files by following the steps below:
- Download and install any file recovery tool from the internet.
- Select the disk location where you have stored the audio files.
- Select the Scan button to let the tool determine the selected disk volume.
- Once it finishes the scanning, it displays the scanning results on your Mac computer.
- Go to the scanning results and select ‘File.’
- Click the ‘Recover’ button and wait until the tool recovers your files successfully on your PC.
After the process gets over, you will get a confirmation message. Go back to the disk from where the files were missing. Check that you have recovered your files successfully.