Installing an antivirus program like Avast on your PC or Mac is an excellent way to secure your personal data and settings from the hands of the intruders. But sometimes, it can turn into a headache if you want to uninstall it completely from your device. It is so much integrated into your PC or Mac, that it will generally leave behind traces even after you have uninstalled it. Or it might also happen that it doesn’t get uninstalled at all. If you are an Avast user, and facing such issues and need further information on how to uninstall avast, then you are at the right place.
Here, in this article, we have provided the necessary steps required to remove Avast entirely from all of the Windows version, and Mac.
Uninstalling Avast From A System Running On Windows 10
Uninstalling Avast from your Windows 10 PC is a relatively easy process if you perform it with the right steps. Here are the steps to guide you out:
- Log into your Windows 10 PC as an administrator and make sure no other application or security software is running on the background.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Apps and Features.
- In the Apps and Features window, click on Apps and Features from the left pane, select Avast, and click on Uninstall.
- If User Account Control asks for permission, click on Yes. This should open the Avast setup wizard.
- In the Avast setup wizard, click on Uninstall button located in the bottom of the window.
- Confirm the uninstall process by clicking Yes.
Now, you need to wait for some time for Avast to get uninstalled from your system. On the confirmation dialog box, click on Restart computer to remove it entirely from your PC.
Uninstalling Avast From A System Running On Windows 8
- Log into your PC as an administrator, and make sure there’s no other application is running in the background. If you find any then consider closing the same.
- Press Windows key + X simultaneously from your keyboard, and select Programs and Features.
- Locate Avast from the list of programs installed on your PC. Right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- If the User Account Control asks for permission, Click Yes to confirm.
- In the Avast Setup wizard, click on Uninstall located in the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm the uninstall by clicking Yes.
Now, wait for some time while the setup removes Avast from your PC. On the confirmation dialog box, click on Restart computer to complete the uninstallation process.
Uninstalling Avast From A System Running On Windows 7
- Log into your PC with as an administrator, and make sure no application or antivirus is running.
- Click on the Start button, and then go to Control panel.
- Select Category under View by, and then under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Locate Avast from the list of installed programs, right-click on it and select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- If the User Account Control asks for permission, click Yes to proceed.
- In the Avast Setup wizard, click on Uninstall, which is located at the bottom end of the screen.
- Now click on yes to confirm the uninstalling process.
Now, wait while the wizard uninstalls Avast from your system. In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click on Restart computer to remove Avast completely from your PC.
Uninstalling Avast From A Mac
To uninstall Avast from a Mac you need to follow far fewer steps. First, launch Avast and click on “avast” in the menubar. Now, from the drop-down menu click on Uninstall. In the next prompt, confirm the uninstallation and Avast will be completely removed from your Mac. You don’t need to perform a restart on Mac.
This is how to uninstall Avast from a Windows PC or Mac completely. Hope, after going through this article, you can perform the uninstall and remove Avast completely from your device.