Often iPhone users come across a problem of iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes when they enter the wrong password too many times. Due to this reason, the iPhone gets locked and displays this error message. If you’re among those users, then no need to get upset. Though this issue is quite annoying, you can fix it with the correct methods.
Probable Causes Behind iPhone Is Disabled Connect To iTunes Error Message
If you experience such an error message on your iPhone, you should not ignore it. When this error message appears on your screen, things can be serious. Although you can unlock your iPhone using iTunes, this will remove all your data from the device. Therefore, you need to keep a backup of your information.
This error usually occurs when you type the wrong passcode continuously. As a result, the iPhone locks down to protect itself from unauthorizing access. The main purpose of the inbuilt security system of your iPhone is to prevent possible hacking attempts to bypass the passcode.
How To Remove This Error And Unlock Your iPhone?
The good news is that there are various measures you can use unlock the disabled iPhone viz.iTunes, iCloud, and recovery mode. Each of the options is capable of fixing this iPhone error effectively.
Now let’s have a look at them and you can use the best troubleshooting method to get rid of this complex error message.
1. Use iTunes To Unlock Your iPhone
To solve iPhone disabled issue, you can apply the method of connecting the iPhone with iTunes. This is one of the standard solutions to unlock an iPhone that is disabled. Follow the below processes carefully to remove this error from your iPhone:
- We recommend installing the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Launch iTunes and connect your disabled iPhone to iTunes via Apples USB cable.
- If you have sync your iPhone with iTunes, then it will not require the passcode to log in. Whereas, if it asks for a password, you’ll have to use the recovery mode.
- You need to wait for sometime as iTunes will automatically synchronize your device.
- When the synchronization is complete, click on the option ‘Restore iPhone start unlocks the device’.
- Once the restore completes, naturally your iPhone will start rebooting. Then, click on the ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’ option. Next, select the backup file in the iTunes interface.
- At last, you can access your iPhone without entering any passcode to unlock it.
2. Fix iPhone Using The DFU Mode
There is a chance that iTunes will not work accordingly and requires the passcode which you can’t remember, then you have to enable the DFU mode. To restore iPhone in DFU mode, go through the following stepwise solution:
- Plug-in the iPhone to your computer using the data cable and run the iTunes application.
- The DFU mode varies as per different models of iPhones
iPhone 6S or an earlier version: First shut down the device and hold the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds. After that, release the Power button while pressing the Home button for another 5 seconds. This will turn on the DFU mode in your device.
iPhone 7 or 7 plus: Switch off the iPhone, press the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds. Next, let go of the Power button and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, or iPhone XS (Max): At first, press the Volume Up button and then press the Volume Down button. Then, push both the Volume and Power buttons together for 10 seconds. Next, release the Power button and hold the Volume Down button for another 5 seconds.
- Once your iPhone is in the DFU mode, iTunes will prompt a message on your screen saying ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes’.
- Click on ‘OK below the prompt to continue the recovery process in DFU mode. Next, the iTunes ‘Restore’ screen will open. Start restoring the device by tapping the ‘Restore’ option. In the end, your iPhone will restore the latest OS version within some time.
3. Solve The iPhone Error With iCloud
In this method is you can resolve your iPhone issue with the help of iCloud. iCloud mainly gives you the access to your device online if your iPhone is missing or not working. You can do so by following the below stepwise procedure:
- Go to the iCloud website from your computer.
- Enter your iCloud ID and password to access your iCloud account.
- Search your iPhone from the list of all iOS devices in the iCloud.
- Select the iPhone disabled name in the iCloud. Then, you’ll see three options to choose from. You need to select ‘Erase iPhone’ and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
By this way, your iPhone will reset, and it’ll return to the factory reset stage. As it will remove all the data from your device, you should have a backup of your information before applying this method.