When we talk about the advanced laptops and about the high-end gadgets, the Dell always comes on our mind. Having the distinct features and top specifications, the Dell products takes the top position among other laptop manufacturers. However, in some situations, Dell users can face some technical complications. And, one such error that many users have reported is the Dell Display Manager error.
This Dell display error mainly occurs when you are using multiple monitors at the same time. But in case you are one of the victims of this Dell issue, then you are the right place.
So here, in this article, you will get the methods that will teach you to resolve this Dell display error. Not only the solutions, but we are also going to provide you the causes and the meaning of the Dell Display Manager error. Hence, you can now proceed to the next section of the article below.
Causes of Dell Display Manager Error
Knowing the causes of any problem makes the troubleshooting process much easier. Hence, you can have a look at the causes that are given down below:
- If there is any malfunction or issue in the Dell Display Manager program.
- In another case, if the Video Drivers are corrupted.
- Also, if the Display Drivers are not up to date.
- In case, the monitor does not have the Data Channel Command Interface connection technology.
- A recent virus or malware attack to your system.
- Also, in case, the Dell Display Manager program is not compatible with the new Windows 10 Operating System.
- Having a corrupt Windows Registry files on your system.
- Any third-party software conflicting with the Dell Display Manager program.
So the above listed points are the causes of the Dell Display Manager problem. As you now have some knowledge about the causes of the problem, we will next move on to discuss the solutions in order to fix the Dell display issue.
Useful Methods to Fix Dell Display Manager Error
In the next section, you will get some of the methods that will help you to fix this Dell display error. So, follow each and every step of the troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Update the Dell Graphics/Video Driver
First, download the latest version of the driver on your system. After doing that, you can move to the steps:
- In the first step, you have to open Device Manager.
- Once inside the Device Manager window, you have to click on the Display Adapters option from the list.
- Now, from the new list of options, you have to find the Dell Display device. After finding the Dell Display device, you have to right-click on it.
- Now, from the popup list, you have to choose the Update Driver Software option.
- In the next window, you will get two options. Now you have to select the second option. The second option will be Browse my computer for driver software.
- After that, you have to select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- In the next step, you have to pick up the device driver that you have already downloaded on your system.
- Now you have to wait for the update process to finish. After that, you have to check if the Dell Display Manager error is still there on your system or not.
Hence, this is how you can update the Dell display driver in order to resolve the Dell display issue easily. We hope that now you are able to resolve the issue on your own. However, if in case the Dell display error still continues to show up, then move to the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall the Dell Display Drivers of your System
Here, in this method, you have to uninstall and then you have to reinstall the Display Driver. Hence, if you are not familiar with the steps, then you can follow the guide:
- First of all, you have to open Device Manager window from the list.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to click on the Display Adapter section.
- Now, from the list of options, you have to right-click on the Dell Display Driver option. From the popup list of options, you have to choose the Uninstall option.
- In the next step, you have to follow the on-screen prompts in order to start the driver uninstallation process.
- Now, as the Dell device driver uninstalls, you have to restart your system. As the system reboots, you have to download the latest version of the Dell device driver from its official website.
- When the files are downloaded, you have to install them. When the installation completes, you have to check for the Dell Display Manager problem if it occurs again or not.
Method 3: Use the Disk Cleanup Tool
As time passes, some of the unwanted store your system. Hence, these files may block the Dell Display Manager. Therefore, it becomes important to delete the temporary files as soon as possible.
- First of all, you have to click on the Windows logo icon on the taskbar. This action will open up the Start Menu.
- After that, you have to type Command Prompt in the search bar of the Start menu. Now, while holding the Shift and Ctrl keys from your keyboard, you have to hit the Enter key also.
- In case, you are prompted with a permission box, you have to click on the Yes button in order to continue.
- Now, will notice that a black Command Prompt window will appear on your system’s screen.
- Now, inside the Command Prompt window, you have to type cleanmgr command in the command line. After that, you have to hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
Steps of method 3 continued
- Now, the process of calculating the unwanted temporary files will begin.
- Once the calculation finishes, the Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with a list of checkboxes that you can select.
- Now, you have to find the temporary files option and then you have to click on it. Mark the checkboxes according to your choice.
- Finally, you have to click on the OK button.
- As the deletion process finishes, you have to restart your system.
- Once the system restarts, you have to check if the Dell Display Manager issue still persists or not.
Method 4: Run the Windows System File Checker (SFC) Tool
You can use this Windows System File Checker tool in order to fix the Dell display error easily:
- Open a Command Prompt window.
- Now type the sfc /scannow command in the command line.
- After that, you have to hit the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now, the Windows System File Checker will start scanning the corrupt Windows and Dell display files for any issues.
- After the scanning process is over, if the Windows System File Checker finds the corrupt files, then you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration process. The process may take some time to finish its task.
- Now when the restoration task is done, you have to reboot your system right away.
- As the system reboots, you have to check if the Dell Display Manager error is still there on your system or not.
Method 5: Run a Scan with Windows Defended
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click on the Update & Security option from the list of options.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Windows Security section in the left pane of the Update & Security window.
- After that, you have to click on the Open Windows Security button. Now the Windows Defender Security Center window will appear on your system’s screen.
- After that, you have to select the Shield icon on the left pane of the window.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Scan Options link. Now you have to choose which type of scan that you want.
- Click on the Scan Now button.
- Now you have to wait for the scanning process to finish and then you have to close all the active windows.
- Finally, you have to check if the Dell Display Manager error is gone or not.
Ending this article, we just want to state that the above discussed methods are the best in providing the fix for your Dell Display Manager error. Hence, you can follow all the methods. You can also take the help of the comments section. Additionally, you can also share some of your experiences and feedback in the comments section below.