The error code 0x80071A90 Windows 10 can show up while you attempt to activate the feature ‘Hyper-V’ and also during the installation of the ‘.NET Framework’. When this error occurs, the following message comes up with the ‘Windows Feature’ screen – “Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes. The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction.”
Some of the usual reasons for this error is the security application’s interference with the activation of the ‘Hyper-V’ feature that runs within the computer. Even, due to the corrupt system files, you can get this problem. Further, you can face this issue if some reliable software service interrupts the installation process of ‘.NET Framework’. Whatever be the reason, now let’s delve into the solutions of it.
Different Ways to Fix Error Code 0x80071A90 Windows 10
This section of the article will help you to rectify the error code 0x80071A90 Windows 10 quite easily and simply.
Deactivate the Antivirus Application
As the reliable security software can get into the path while you are trying to activate the ‘Hyper-V’. Thus, for that reason, you can get the given problem also. So, the solution to correct this error is to disable the security software. Here, specifically, the steps on how to disable antivirus’ has been provided.
- First, locate and double-click on the antivirus’ icon present on the desktop. This will show up the main window of the application.
- Within the window, navigate to the bottom left side of the window and choose the button ‘Settings’.
- Now, on the ‘Settings’ page within this window that comes up, go to the left panel and select the option ‘Components’ just below the ‘General’.
- After that, move to the right panel,that has the heading ‘Components’. From here, go to the subheading ‘Security’.
- Under that subheading, toggle the switch to the left to turn off the following options – ‘File System shield’, ‘Mail Shield’, ‘Web Shield’.
- At last, choose the button ‘Done’ to confirm any alterations being made to the application.
Perform Clean Boot Procedure
When the reliable software services that run at the time of startup creates interruption during the installation process of the ‘.NET Framework’, then you can get this issue. Now, the only solution to solve this problem is to deactivate any reliable software services which executes at the time of startup.
To do it, follow the below steps:
- First, tap on the ‘Cortana’ logo to open the ‘Search’ text box. In that space, type the following text “msconfig”.
- After that, from the result of this search, choose the option ‘System Configuration’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button to launch the same.
- Within the new window that comes up, navigate and tap on the ‘Services’ tab. Under this tab, you will get all the services of every application that are installed within the computer.
- Just below the list, put a checkmark on the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and then go to the extreme right corner of the window and select ‘Disable all’ button.
- Now, go to the tab ‘Startup’ and then under it, click on the link ‘Open Task Manager’. This will launch a new window with the ‘Startup’ tab already selected, which has a similar name as the link chosen on the last sentence.
- Now, within this window, select a first startup process from the list and right-click on it. Then, form the popup menu, choose the option ‘Disable’.
- Repeat the above step until all the startup services are deactivated.
- Once it is complete, close the ‘Task Manager’ and then tap on the ‘OK’ button on the ‘System Configuration’ window to quit it.
- At last, reboot the computer and then check if this error comes back or not.
Inspect the System Files
If there are corrupt or missing system files within the Windows Operating System, then you might encounter the error code 0x80071A90 Windows 10. Now, the answer to resolve this problem is to use the SFC tool.
The ‘System File Checker’ or ‘SFC’ is a utility program that is built into Windows to scan the computer for any corrupt system files and replace them if possible. If there are some corrupt files that even the SFC tool cannot able to solve, then use the DISM tool. Here are steps on how to do it:
- First, tap on both keys ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. Within that dialog box, type the text – “command prompt” on the blank space beside the label ‘Open:’ and hit the button ‘OK’. This will launch a new window called ‘Command Prompt’ that has a black background.
- Within this window type in the following command that says – “sfc /scannow”, and then, press ‘Enter’ button to execute it. At this moment, this command will initiate the scanning procedure to find any corrupt system files.
- Now, if it finds any, then those files will automatically be replaced by SFC tool. Thus, wait for the execution to complete.
- Once the process of replacement is completed successfully then, you will get a message as follows – “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”.
- Otherwise, type the command in the following and then tap on the ‘Enter’ – “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”. Now, this command will repair the corrupt system files which the SFC tool unable to replace. This procedure takes some time to get over so be patient.
- When the repair process is complete, exit the ‘Command Prompt’ window and reboot the machine.
When the computer starts up again, then attempt to either activate the ‘Hyper-V’ feature or install the ‘.NET Framework’ and see if the error reappears or not.
Perform a Windows 10 Update
If the Windows is not up to date, then also there is a possibility to encounter this glitch. Now, the easiest method out of all the points on this section to correct this problem is to update the OS.
In order to do it, follow the steps underneath:
- First, locate the ‘Notifications’ icon present on the extreme right side of the taskbar just after the ‘Time and Date’. Next, click on that icon you chose on the previous line to launch a right panel.
- From this panel, choose the option ‘All Settings’ out of several others. This will launch a new window, that has a name ‘Windows Settings’.
- On this window, navigate and then choose the option ‘Update & Security’.
- In the new page that shows up, go to the left pane and choose the option ‘Windows Update’. Now, move to the right panel of this page and tap on the button ‘Check for updates’.
- As soon as you do this, then the Windows OS will start to search automatically for any updates available. If some updates are present, then those will be presented on a list and also the download process will begin.
- When the download process of all the update components is complete, then at the bottom of the list, there will be a button ‘Restart now’.
- Press that button, so that during the next boot process the installation procedure of all the update components starts.
- Once the installation process is complete and the desktop comes up, then check if you are still getting this issue or not.
Following all the steps on the previous section, you can mitigate the error code 0x80071A90 Windows 10. But, even after following every point on the above does not help you to get rid of this problem then not to worry at all. Give detailed descriptions of the issue that you have encountered on the comment section that is present at the bottom of this page.