The error 0x0000003b is one of the well-known Blue Screen of Death errors that the users may confront using Windows. Bad memory module or incorrect Registry configuration can be the main culprits for this annoying issue. Along with that, the hardware problems, 3rd party programs, and driver incompatibilities might cause this problem. It is very much possible that you will be able to fix this Windows error code by yourself and on time. But for that, having clear and concise instructions is imperative and that is exactly what you will get in this article. With that, you can resolve this issue and be able to install the Windows updates again.
Probable Causes of 0x0000003b Windows 10
This error notification comes with a message that says ‘the bugcheck was 0x0000003b’. In this section, we provide the possible reasons why you encounter this error 0x80070652. So, let’s take a glance below:
- Misconfigured or corrupt drivers
- Corrupted registry entries
- Damaged system files
- Memory errors/corruption
- Virus or malware invasion
- Hard disk damage
Easy Solutions to Resolve Stop 0x0000003b with Ease
These are some of the most effective solutions which you can try out in order to fix Network Error Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file with the error in Windows 10 computers. Apply all these methods one by one:
Way 1: Find Out which Device Driver Caused this Issue
The first resort is that you have to figure out the exact problematic driver so that you can fix this issue easily. Now, you can follow the instructions below to find out such drivers:
- First of all, go to the Search box and type ‘Windows Update’.
- Then, hit Enter.
- Now, click on ‘Windows Update’.
- When the Windows Update opens, click on View Update History.
- Now, you should see a list of failed and installed updates.
Way 2: Run the System File Checker
You can resolve this error by running a System file checker scan to check for, and then you can also repair the corrupted files along with the integrity violations. To run the SFC scan in Windows 10, you have to follow the instructions stated below:
- At first, right-click on the Start Menu and go to the Command Prompt section.
- Now, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command Prompt Section.
- After that, press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Then the SFC scan will scan your whole device. Don’t cancel the scan process until it finishes completely.
- After scanning, it will show the corrupt files of your device.
- After scanning, if you find any corrupt files in your device, type this:
“findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt.”
Now, press the ENTER key.
- You can see the details of the SFC scan on the sfcdetails.txt file which will show up on the Screen.
- After half an hour when the SFC scan will be completed, if the scan reports that Windows Resource Protection fixed something, then you need to reboot your computer device and check you still face this error or not.
Now, you may reinstall the latest display driver from the computer manufacturer’s website.
Way 3: Disable Fast Startup and Hibernate
At times, the feature of hybrid shutdown might generate this issue. In that case, you need to turn off the fast startup and hibernate. So, follow the below steps one by one and apply them in your own way:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel section.
- Click on the Power Options option.
- Choose ‘Choose what the power buttons do’ from the left pane.
- After that, select the ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’ option.
- Then, go to the Shutdown settings option.
- Now, unmark the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option and hibernate.
Way 4: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, other running services conflicts with Update Service so Run Windows Update in Clean Boot. It is very easy to start your PC in a clean boot. Try to follow the steps:
- First of all, go to the Run command and write down “msconfig” and hit the Enter key.
- After that, press on the Services Tab. Here, figure out all Hide Microsoft Services checkbox and then press the Disable All button folder.
- Then, tap on the Startup Tab and now go to the Open Task Manager link by tapping on it.
- Now, turn off all the Startup option.
- Next, Close the Task Manager tab and tap on the OK option to System Configuration Window.
- Lastly, reboot your computer and check the issue once.
Way 5: Make sure Windows is up to date
After uninstalling Windows version, if you are still not able to update the Windows version, then you can try to update it manually. Therefore, you need to follow the directions below:
- Firstly, go to the Search box.
- Then, type ‘Windows Update’ in it.
- Now, choose the Windows Update Settings and select the ‘View Update History’ option.
- Next, look for a Windows update which previously failed to install.
- To get more information, click on this update.
- After that, navigate the Microsoft download center.
- Now, type the KB article number to find the update package which failed before.
- Download the package and install this on your device.
- Finally, check if the issue is fixed or not.
Way 6: Reset the BIOS Settings to Default
Usually, BIOS means Basic Input Output System. The main objective of BIOS is that it identifies and troubleshoot all the hardware issue of your PC. If the BIOS is not updated properly, then it might cause this error. Therefore, you have to modify the settings or update the BIOS to get rid of this issue. It is very easy to update the BIOS, but you must be careful when you have updated this. Because, if you commit a mistake or an error occurs, you can lose all the valuable data. So, we have a recommendation, that always stores your data first, then update it. To update the BIOS, you have to maintain these following steps:
- At first, you have to be sure that if your system is properly connected with the power source or not.
- Then, you have to extract the BIOS file which you have downloaded from the official site of Asus previously. To do it, at first, double-click on the downloaded ZIP file to invoke it.
- After that, go to the Extract tab which you will find on the top of the Window.
- Then, you have to select the ‘Extract all’ option, and then click on the Extract option when prompted.
- Wait a few minutes to open it.
- After opening the file, you need to read the BIOS file’s README document if it is needed.
- Then, plug in the USB drive in your device and make a copy of the BIOS file into the flash drive.
- Now, access the BIOS page. To do it, just follow the steps instructed below:
- At first, you have to restart your Asus device.
- Then, you have to press the F12 button or you can press the Del key or the Esc key on the keyboard.
- After that, back up the BIOS by clicking on the Backup or Save option.
- Now, enable the BIOS update tool. To do it, follow the below guidelines:
- At first, go to the Boot tab and check whether the USB flash drive shows up or not.
- If you can see this, then, enable any backup or ‘Flash’ options from the menu.
- Then, go to the Advanced tab.
- Now, select the ‘Start Flash’ option.
- At last, click on the update option from the menu appearing on the screen.
- After completing all the steps which are mentioned above, you need to allow your computer to update your BIOS.
- It will take several minutes to complete. Just wait for it to complete successfully.
- After updating the BIOS, check if you still encounter this troublesome or not.
Hopefully. these above procedures help you to mitigate the error 0x0000003b with ease. If you still face this problem, you can put your comment in the below section.