It can be very frustrating when an advertisement comes in the middle of watching videos on YouTube. For avoiding that, you can use an extension named Adblock. It blocks advertisements from appearing on YouTube.
However, lately, people started noticing that Adblock is not working on YouTube anymore.
Due to this, you will find advertisements frequently appearing in the middle of watching videos. It is certainly an annoying situation.
So, if and when Adblock is not working correctly on Youtube, you can try to resolve it following the fixes provided here.
Adblock not Working on YouTube: Try these Fixes
Before moving to the solutions, you need to ensure that your device receives a proper internet signal. Thereafter, read on the methods mentioned in the section below and apply them accordingly in order to resolve the problem.
Fix 1: Sign Out of the Gmail Account
It is noticed that Google plays ads on the basis of your past search on your account. Hence, re-logging into your Gmail account helps most of the users to stop showing ads on YouTube.
- First of all, click on the YouTube logo to move to the YouTube Home page. Now, tap on your account picture on the top-right corner of the system screen.
- Thereafter, select the Sign Out option from the drop-down list. Restart the system and click on the Sign-In option this time.
- After that, enter your email address and password in the respective fields. Now, try to play any videos on YouTube, we hope you’ll no longer see any ads on YouTube.
If this solution fails to resolve the problem, we have some other effective solutions to fix the issue.
Fix 2: Disable and Re-enable the Adblock Extension
Users, generally are annoyed at Adblock plus not working on YouTube and the prime reason is, it leads to unskippable, long ads. These ads last for a minute and a half while other ads can be skipped right after five seconds.
That is why a certain number of people have reported that they fixed the problem simply by disabling and then re-enabling the extension on the browser.
To do so, follow the steps below.
1.First, launch the Chrome web browser on your device. After that, copy the following command and paste it on the web browser.
2. After entering the address, hit the Enter button to navigate to the Extension section.
Thereafter, search for the Adblock Extension in this window and turn off it using the toggle switch.
3. Now, close all the tabs. Wait for a while and then toggle it back on.
Now try to play a video on YouTube and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Update the Extension to the Latest Version
If the problem still persists then you need to update the Extension to its latest version. Most of the time, the updated version gets installed automatically on the browser. Otherwise, you need to install it manually.
Therefore, you need to remove the Extension by applying the steps explained above. Then, simply move to the Extension section and then install the latest version of Adblock by searching for it in the extension or add-on section.
Install the recent version and then set up the extension on the web browser to resolve the problem.
Fix 4: Update the Filter List Manually
Another solution is to update the Filter list of Adblock manually. Take these steps to do so.
- First of all, select the Adblock icon on the browser and right-click on it. After that, click on the Options section and then select the Filter option.
- Now, click on the Update Filter list. Wait until the process gets completed. After applying these steps you will notice that Adblock is now working properly on YouTube.
Hopefully, the above solutions helped you in resolving the problem.