Adobe Air is a runtime software that is required by various other applications to run properly. It is not an actual software with an interface but supports other creative applications. However, most users face issues when their Adobe Air is not working.
Why Adobe Air is Not Working?
Usually, there could be various reasons for your Adobe Air to stop working. Generally, it is either caused by an outdated software or operating system.
buy lariam generic bloonlineandnew.com/lariam.html over the counter
Therefore, you need to first check that your operating system and Adobe Air is updated to the current version.
In addition, Adobe Air not working issue occurs due to the following possible reasons.
- Computer’s date or time or both are incorrect
- Adobe Air is blocked by a security software
- Third-party applications are interfering with the software
Common Problems of Adobe Air Not Responding
Furthermore, there are some common problems that are occasionally faced by users. These problems cause Adobe Air not responding. We have curated and listed the solutions to such problems below.
Logitech Video Driver
One of the most common Adobe Air problems are caused in computer systems running the Logitech Video Driver.
In such cases, you can fix the problem by following the instructions below.
- Navigate your mouse to the bottom of the taskbar. This is the long horizontal pane at the end of the desktop. Right-click and select Task Manager.
- Find the process for Logitech Video Driver under the Processes tab. Select and press the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Click on ‘End process’ when prompted. Try to install or open the Adobe air application you were working with.
Corrupted Microsoft Installer
Your system may be unable to install Adobe Air as your Windows Installer may be corrupted. Therefore, you can use the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility tool to fix this problem.
Download the tool from the official Microsoft’s website and run the tool as an Administrator. Follow the instructions and it will automatically fix the errors. Finally, try to use or install Adobe Air applications once again.
Folder Lock Software
There are some third-party applications that interfere with Adobe Air runtime. Therefore, you need to update or uninstall such software.
Folder Lock software is an example of such software that causes Adobe Air to not work. Usually, this can even result in a blue screen of death. Thus, you need to uninstall it before trying to work with Adobe Air applications.
NVIDIA Optimus Based Systems
The latest computer systems can now handle computer processes with the help of both CPU and GPU. NVIDIA Graphics drivers are an example of such GPUs.
This integrated technology allows the system to automatically switch from CPU to GPU and vice versa. As a result, this can cause problems for other software if one option is not explicitly selected.
Thus, it can cause Adobe Air not working as well. You can fix this by making the application run only on GPU. Go through the given steps to do this.
- Right-click on the Adobe Air application. Here, select ‘Run with graphics processor.’
- In the next menu, select a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- The Adobe Air application will load up.
How to resolve Adobe Air Problems?
You can try the following solutions if your computer system doesn’t have any of the above software. Before you do, make sure to check the following list.
- Adobe Air is updated to the latest version
- Windows operating system is updated to the latest version
- Computer’s date and time is set to the current one
- No other installations are running in the background
Solution 1 – Allow User Access Control
An Adobe Air application may not be working due to read-write protection in the current user account. Therefore, you need to allow user access control.
Follow the given instructions to do so –
- Click on the Start button and type ‘user’ in the text field. Select ‘Change User Account Control Settings’.
- Here, you will see a prompt stating ‘Choose when to be notified about changes to your computer’. Here, you will see a slider located beside a block of text.
- Click and drag the slider all the way up to ‘Always Notify’. Click on Ok.
Solution 2 – Reinstall Adobe Air Application
Sometimes, you may be able to run an Adobe Air application while not being able to run another. In this case, the particular application may be at fault.
Therefore, you need to reinstall the corrupted application. You can do this by following the instructions stated below.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter.
- Find the application from the list and select it. Click and uninstall it from your system.
- Next, open a browser and visit Adobe Air Marketplace to find and download the application.
- Right-click on the download and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. Also, you may need to allow when your security software is trying to block its installation.
Solution 3 – Reinstall Adobe Air
Usually, reinstalling can easily resolve Adobe Air problems. It helps to clear both hidden and known errors.
Go through the following instructions to reinstall Adobe Air in your system.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ simultaneously. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click on Ok.
- Find Adobe Air from the list of installed programs. Select and uninstall it from your system.
- Next, open a browser and download the current version of Adobe Air. You can do this from Adobe’s official website. It is free to use and download.
- Make sure that you run the installer as an administrator. Follow the instructions appearing to install Adobe Air on your computer.
- You can download and run Adobe Air applications from Adobe Air Marketplace.