Error 16 is a common error that you may encounter while using Adobe applications. This can include the Adobe CC(Creative Cloud) or Adobe CS(Creative Suite) applications. When this error occurs, the application crashes whenever you try to start or close the Adobe products.
The error message usually comes with a suggestion to uninstall and reinstall the product. It may also urge you to contact the Adobe technical support team for further assistance. But, after doing so, Adobe Error 16 may not disappear and continue to pop-up. In that case, you may try the fixes mentioned below.
Causes of Adobe Error 16
To troubleshoot this issue, first, you have to know the reasons behind the Adobe configuration error 16. There are several factors, which can cause this error and they are as follows.
- Permission issue to operate Adobe application
- Using an outdated version of the Adobe application
- Corrupted Windows installation files
- Faulty Windows registry files
- Lack of SLStore folder in the installation directory
In the following section, we are going to discuss the ways to troubleshoot the error with immediate effect.
Guidance on How to Fix Adobe Error 16
Here, we have discussed some effective methods that you can apply to eliminate Adobe Error 16. We recommend you to start from the first solution and see which one suits you the best.
Method #1: Run the Adobe Application in Administrative Mode
This is the simplest method to resolve the error without any hassles. The computer that you are using may not have the features of opening an application with Administrative rights. In that case, you may face this error while starting or using the application.
To stop this from happening, you need to start the application by following the right approach. So, for running any Adobe application, right-click on the icon and choose “Run as administrator” to open it in Administrative mode. If this process works, this means the issue was with the application permissions. Now, try the following instructions to fix it properly.
Right-click on the Adobe application and you will see some options. Among them, you need to tap on “Properties”.
A new tab will open and go to the “Compatibility” section. Now, check the box of the “Run this program as an administrator”, which is placed under “Privilege Level”.
Click on “Apply” and hit OK to complete the process.
After applying this fix, whenever you open the application, Adobe will run using the Administrative privilege.
Method #2: Fix Missing DLL file in the Adobe Installation Directory
Sometimes, a missing DLL file could cause the Adobe Configuration Error 16. In many cases, adbeape.dll file goes missing from the installation directory. Eventually, Adobe starts popping up the error code.
To solve this problem, you need to obtain the missing DLL file and paste it in the installation folder, from where it is missing. You can copy the same dl file from another PC, where the same application is installed. Then, paste it in your computer folder. Now try to run the application again after closing the folder and see if the error is fixed.
Method #3: Restore Permission to the Licence Folder
This is another method to eliminate the error by setting permission to the Adobe SLStore and Adobe PCD folder in the Windows Operating System. So, follow the below-mentioned steps to set permission.
- Open any File Explorer window and go to the “View” tab.
- Click on “Options”, which is at the right side under the View tab.
- A new window will open and click on the “View” tab in the window.
- You will see many options under the “Advanced settings”. Here, you need to uncheck the “Use Sharing Wizard” option.
- Now, choose “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the “Hidden files and folders” option.
The next step is to set the permissions on both the folders to fix Adobe configuration error 16 permanently. Although the process is the same for both the folders, you need to navigate them separately.
For Adobe SLStore, navigate “Computer > C > Program Data > Adobe > SLStore” and for Adobe PCD, navigate “Computer > C > Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Adobe PCD”.
Instruction to Set Permission
- Right-click on the respective folders i.e Adobe PCD or SLStore and choose the “Properties” option.
- Go to the Security tab and grant the permissions.
For Adobe PCD, check the Allow boxes for the respective folders.
Administrators: Full Control
System: Full Control
For Adobe SLStore, check the Allow boxes for the following folders
Administrators: Full Control
Power Users: Every option but Full Control and Special
System: Full Control
Users: Read and Special
Steps to Modify Ownership
To resolve the Adobe Error 16 permanently, you need to change the ownership by following the steps below.
- In the “Security” tab, click on the “Advanced” option. Choose “Accept” if the User Account Control prompts.
- Go to the Owner section and tap on Change. Now, select the username of the current user and click “Check Names” to choose the user from the list. Hit OK after that.
- Check both the boxes of “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” and “Replace all child object permission entries …”. Also, don’t forget to click on OK before closing the window.
We hope that this method will work if you follow the instructions properly.
Method #4: Create a New SLStore Folder
Adobe Error 16 may also appear on the computer screen if the SLStore folder is missing from the installation directory folder. In that case, you have to create a new SLStore folder to fix the error.
To do so, navigate “Computer > C > Program Data > Adobe” and check whether there is a SLStore folder. If you have not found one, right-click on the empty space and select “New folder” from the option. Give a name to the new folder as “SLStore” and close the window after that. Now, try to run the application and see if the error persists.
Method #5: Change the Attribute of SLStore Folder
You can also try this method if none of the above methods work. Just follow the steps below.
- Navigate “Computer > C > Program Data > Adobe”.
- In that folder, right-click on the “SLStore” folder and choose “Properties” from the menu.
- Look for the “Attribute” option and check the “Read-only” box.
- Click “Apply” and hit OK to save changes.
Now, relaunch the application and check if the problem is still there.
In the above article, we have discussed all the possible measures that you can apply to get rid of Adobe Error 16. If somehow, you are still not able to resolve the problem, you can try to uninstall Adobe and reinstall the application.