During the installation process of the Adobe Creative Cloud software, you may encounter the Adobe error code 81 on your computer. As a result, the installation process stops and the situation is very irritating.
This error code comes with an error message that says “ We’ve encountered the following issues: Another installer is currently running, which must be closed before installing this product. Please close other installers. (Error code:81)”.
This error appears when the installer does not run correctly. There are numerous reasons for this error. One of the most common reasons is issues with the Creative Cloud.
So, this is a very common error that should be solved instantly. You can try to perform these methods listed in this post for an easy and quick fix.
Causes of Adobe Error Code 81
Here are some common causes that might be responsible for Adobe error 81. Let’s have a look at them:
- Third-party security software.
- Windows Firewall
- Corrupted Adobe software
- Collection of Temporary files or junk files in the internal system files.
- An outdated version of the Adobe software.
- An older version of the Graphics card driver.
Reliable Methods to Solve Adobe Error Code 81
There are several methods to fix this error code on your device. Below are certain methods by which you can quickly get rid of the Adobe installer error code 81. Follow these steps as instructed below:
Method 1 – Launch the Adobe Creative Cloud Software as Administrator
If you do not have administrator permission, then you might come across this error code on your computer. So, you can try to launch the Adobe Creative Cloud application as the administrator.
- Find the Adobe Creative Adobe Application and right-click on it.
- Select the Run as an administrator option from the menu list. Now the Adobe software will open without any error. If not, then you need to move to the next one.
Method 2 – Update the Graphics Card Driver
Updating the Graphics card driver is an easy task to solve the Adobe error code 81. Sometimes, an outdated version of the driver can result in this error on the device. So, you must keep the driver up to date. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows key and select the Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager window, locate and select the Display Adapters section to expand it.
- Right-click on the Graphics Card Driver and choose the Update Software Driver option.
- Once the update process is complete, restart the device and then try to install the Adobe software and check if the error code arises or not.
Method 3 – Disable the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall can prevent Adobe software from installing. So, before installing it, you can turn it off by following these directions:
- Go to the Control Panel and expand the Windows Firewall section.
- When the Windows Firewall window opens, click on the Turn Windows Firewall on and off button on the left panel.
- On the right pane, check the Turn Off Windows Firewall (Recommended) option for both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections.
- Once you are done with these steps, click on the Save button.
Method 4 – Uninstall the Security Software
After turning off the Windows Firewall features if the error persists, then remove the security software that you are using on your PC.
- Launch the Settings window and go to the Apps section.
- Click the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- From the Apps & Features tab, scroll down the page and locate the Security software, select it.
- Then, click on the Uninstall button.
- After finishing the removal process, reboot your computer and check if the error code shows up or not.
Method 5 – Restore the License Permission
One of the easy ways by which you can fix this error code is to restore the license permission. To do this follow these directions hereunder:
- Hold down the Windows Home button and press the E key to launch the Windows File Explorer window.
- On the File Explorer window, click on the View section and then select Options.
- Go to the Advanced Settings section and uncheck the Use Sharing Wizard box.
- Tap the Show hidden files, folders and drivers buttons.
- After that, click on the OK button.
Method 6 – Reinstall the Adobe Software
A corrupted Adobe software can cause the Adobe error code 81. To rule out this probability, remove the Adobe software and reinstall it. Here’s how to do that:
- Right-click on the Windows Home button and choose the Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- In the Programs and Features window, locate the Adobe product and right-click on it. After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process is finished go to the official website of the Adobe software.
- Download the latest version of the Adobe software and then install it.
- After completing the installation process, reboot the system and then check if the error is solved or not.
Method 7 – Create A New SLStore Folder
If the SLStore folder is not present on the system then you may come across the Adobe error code 81. So, in order to fix this error code, you need to create a new SLStore folder. Go through these steps:
- At first, open the File Explorer window and go to the local C drive.
- From the Local C drive, click on the Program Files folder.
- Find the Adobe folder, double-click on it. After that, go to the directory of the application.
- Right-click on the blank space and select ‘New Folder’ from the context menu. Then save the folder with a name, for example, SLStore.
- Try to install the program and check if the error is still there or not.
Method 8 – Modify Attributes within the SLStore Directory
Another effective method by which, you can easily eliminate this error code on your device is to change the attributes within the SLStore directory. Follow these steps as stated below:
- Navigate to the Adobe Creative Cloud installation directory.
- Locate the SLStore directory, right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- On the Properties window, move to the Attributes section and uncheck the Read-only option to disable it.
- After that, click on the Apply button followed by the OK button.
Method 9 – Remove Temporary or Junk Files
Removing the temporary or junk files is another wat to solve the Adobe installer error code 81.
- Press Windows and R keys together to launch the Run box.
- Type ‘%temp%’ in the Run application and click on OK or hit the Enter key.
- On the Temp folder, delete all the temporary files and then try to install the Adobe software.
Method 10 – Rename the PDApp Folder
If none of the methods can help you, then rename the PDApp folder to solve this error.
- Close the Creative Cloud application.
- Go to the following path: Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp.
- Right-click on the PDApp folder and select the Rename option.
- Change the name of this folder to PDApp-old
- Open the Creative Cloud and try to install the Adobe software.
These are the methods that we have provided to solve the Adobe error code 81 on the device.