Adobe Flash Black Screen occurs when users try to play YouTube videos on their system. They might also encounter the flash content in Mac OS x.
Mostly, this error also occurs due to compatibility or settings issues with Adobe flash player.
However, fixing this problem is not an easy task. But you can resolve it with a few manual tweaks.
Solutions for Adobe Flash Black Screen Problem:
Applying these solutions manually will help you get rid of this error on the go.
Solution 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player will help you to fix the flash video issues effortlessly. Here are the steps to perform.
- At first, jump to the official Adobe website.
- Then, download the flash player uninstaller for OS X.
- After that, launch the uninstaller and then uninstall the Flash Player. Next, reboot your computer.
Now, sign in back after your computer starts back up. Then, go to Adobe.com. to download the latest version of Flash Player. Thereafter, reinstall it. Now, check if the youtube videos are running correctly.
Solution 2: Enable Flash in Chrome/Safari
If you enable Flash in Chrome or Safari, then it will definitely help you to solve adobe flash black screen problem. For that, perform the following.
- At first, open Chrome. Now, go to the menu option and click on the “Customize and Control google-chrome” option.
- After that, go to Settings and click on the Settings options.
- Then, scroll down the option. To expand it, click on the Advanced option.
- Thereafter, go to the “Privacy and Security” option and select the Content Settings option.
Sometimes for Safari, you might install the Flash option. But you might find it is still not working properly. For that, you have to authorize the plugin. The below-mentioned steps that will help you to do so.
- At first, go to the top and open the Safari browser.
- Then, choose the “Preferences” option.
- Now, click on the Website tab. Then, go to the left panel and select the Plug-ins sections. Always make sure that the Adobe Flash Player is completely checked.
When you find it is not listed there then you go to the Adobe Flash website. After that, download the latest version of the Flash.
Solution 3: Restart Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Clear Cache
To fix the adobe flash player black screen, you need to restart Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and then Clear Cache. So, if your flash player is not working properly then you might want to try clearing your browser’s cache.
Clearing the cache might help you to fix this problem at times. For that, follow all the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, open Chrome and select the three dots option.
- After that, click on the More Tools and then select the Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, make sure that you checked Cached images and files.
- In the end, click on the Clear data button.
To disconnect the popup blocker, you can try this procedure. The sites that have issued just block them.
Solution 5: Disable Flash Hardware Acceleration
If you disconnect the flash hardware acceleration might help you resolve the problem effectively. To fix this issue, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, go to the menu and select the “Settings” option.
- After that, unselect the option “Enable hardware acceleration”.
- Now, click on the “Close” button.
Sometimes you might be unable to find the right-click context menu. Then, visit the “Adobe help page”. After visiting the site right-click on the Flash logo.
You will notice the Flash logo that indicates Flash is not installed completely. Now, close your browser. Then, relaunch the flash content. After that, test the Flash content again.
Solution 6: Check Html 5 Youtube Settings
You must check HTML 5 YouTube settings to resolve adobe flash black screen. All of the features should be completely supported as long as you are running a completely new version.
After going there you might find something is not checked. That indicates your browser is not new anymore. Hence, you also need to update the browser at the earliest.