Most of the people use adobe reader for both personal and professional use. But like other useful software, this application has several faults. Sometimes, while running the Adobe reader software, you may face the adobe reader 0xc0000022 error message. When you get this message the adobe reader stops functioning normally.
This error message may cause an application error. While you try to save and access any PDF file, you might get this error message. Not only that during the installation of a new Adobe Reader you may get this error message.
Reason of Adobe Reader 0xc0000022
Due to various reasons, this adobe reader 0xc0000022 may pop up on your screen. After research, we have found out its common causes that we have listed below.
- Due to Microsoft Visual C++2013 redistributable issue, you may find this error.
- Sometimes your antivirus may create issues and this error message pops up.
- Because of the corrupted acrobat reader files. this error message originates.
- Using old and outdated adobe reader can be another reason for causing this issue.
Whenever you find this error message you must solve this issue as soon as possible and get back the adobe reader to its normal working condition.
Best Ways to Fix Adobe Reader 0xc0000022
Look at the solutions thoroughly to fix application error 0xc0000022 Adobe Reader.
1. Open Adobe Reader As an Administrator
If you are getting this error message then this could an authentication problem with the Dynamically linked library or DLL file. You can try to fix this issue by opening Adobe reader as an administrator.
Click on Adobe application icon and select the Run as Administrator option from the menu list. Check if the issue still persists or not.
2. Fix Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
Microsoft’s Visual C++ redistributable packages are used for Windows apps to make them work properly on Windows. But, after an automatic update by windows, this adobe reader 0xc0000022 error message pops up. Thus, repair Microsoft Visual c++ 2013 Redistributable packages and try to fix the issue. To repair this issue you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the Windows logo key, type ‘Run’ in the search panel Run and hit the Enter button.
- Type in the Run box ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter again.
- Scroll down the Programs and Features window and search for MicrosoftVisual C++ 2013 redistributable packages.
- Right-click on the first entry and click on Change.
- Now click the Repair button and then click on Yes once you see the Use Account Control pop-up.
- After completing the process successfully, repeat steps 2 and 3 for all the remaining Microsoft Visual C++2013 packages.
- After repairing all Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 packages, restart your system and re-launch the Adobe reader.
- Check whether the issue is resolved or not.
3. Uninstall The Redistributable 2013
If the above methods can not fix your issue then follow these steps.
- Click on the Windows logo key, type in the search box Control panel and hit Enter.
- Go to Program and Features option and right-click on the Microsoft Visual C++2013.
- Click on the Uninstall option from the menu list.
- Once the uninstallation process completes, download a new version of Microsoft Visual C++ from the official Microsoft website.
- Install it by using the ‘.exe’ file on your computer.
- Finally, restart your windows and check if the issue gets solved or not.
4. Disabling Antivirus Software
Sometimes antivirus software is the reason for causing this issue and blocks the permissions required by the application that is displaying the error. Disable your antivirus and try to fix this issue.
- Right-click on the antivirus icon and choose Temporarily Disable option from the menu list.
- Select the time for which you want to keep your antivirus disabled and click on OK.
- Check if the issue gets resolved.
5. Enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components
This error message appears when you try to open an old game and application. Directplay is basically used for the development of computer games. If somehow it is disabled by default then you might get adobe reader 0xc0000022 message. So, enable DirectPlay and try to fix the error.
- Press the Windows key and R simultaneously o launch the Run window box.
- Type in the box appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- It will open the Programs and Features window.
- In this window click on the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ link. Once the list populates, check the box next to Legacy Components.
- Click the +icon next to legacy Components and check the box next to DirectPlay.
- Now hit OK and save your settings.
- Your operating system configures the required files to enable DirectPlay.
- Once you see “Windows completed the requested changes” message, close the window.
- Finally, restart your system and run the application again to check if the issue is solved or not.
6. Verify the Permission Settings
Having full control over Adobe reader of windows can cause this error. To fix this issue you must follow these steps.
- Right-click on the .exe file of the Adobe folder and choose the Properties option from the menu list.
- Navigate to the Security tab and then click on the Edit option.
- Choose your account and check the permission for users to allow full control.
- Click on Apply>OK and save the settings.
- Close the properties window.
- Run your Adobe Reader and check the issue.