“Android.process.media Has Stopped” error is mainly associated with two installed applications in the Android device. One is the “Download Manager” application and the other one is the “Media Storage” application.
These two applications conflict with each other and as a result, trigger the Android.process.media error. Besides, if you have failed to upgrade the firmware of the Android device, this error can get triggered.
Now, if you are getting this error, we would suggest you go to the next section. Here, we are mentioning the best possible ways outs to fix this error.
Probable Solutions to Fix “Unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped” Error
In this section, we are mentioning the possible means to get rid of the “process android.process.media has stopped” error. You just need to implement the methods as instructed below.
Method 1: Clear Cache and Data
If you are getting this error, then firstly we would suggest you clean the caches associated with the applications. And to do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device and go to “Settings”. From there, move to the “Applications” section.
- Next, tap on the “ Manage Applications” section.
Note: Check if you can see the “All” tab section.
- Search for the “Google Services Framework’ option and then tap on the “clear caches” and ‘clear data” for this option.
- Now, navigate to “Google Play” from the Manage Applications section.
- Tap on the “Clear data” and “Clear cache” options.
- Now, tap the Back button and tap on the “Google Services Framework” option.
- Tap on the “Force Stop” option and then go to the “Clear Cache’ option.
- Now, tap on the “OK” button.
buy diflucan online hydrogenmedicine.info/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/diflucan.html no prescription
Next, open Google Play, and when you will be promoted with the error message, tap on the “OK” button. Turn off the Android device and then turn it on after a while.
Now, turn in the Google Services Framework. Check if you are still getting the error message.
And if you are still getting the error we would suggest you go to the next section.
Method 2: Reset the App Preferences
If you are still unable to fix the error on the Android Device, you need to know how to reset the app preferences. If the settings of the apps are incorrect, you can get the “unfortunately android.process.media has stopped” error message.
Thus, you need to change the settings of the app preference, and to do that you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device and from there, go to Settings.
- Next, move to the “Application Manager” or “Apps” section.
Note: The applications or apps option tends to vary from one Android device to the other.
- You will see a list of the applications that are installed on the device.
- Go to the menu and you will get the “Reset App Preferences” option in this section. Tap on it to reset the app preferences.
Now, restart the device and you will be able to fix the error. But if you are still facing any issues with the Android device, you need to move to the next section.
Method 3: Clear Contacts and Contact Storage
You can face the “android.process.media has stopped” error, if there is a synchronization problem with Google and its contacts. In that case, you need to clean the contacts and contact storage.
But by doing this you can lose all the contacts that are saved in the device. To clear the contacts and the contact storage you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Android Device and go to Settings.
- From there, move to the “Application Manager” section.
Note: This option will vary from one device to another. In some android devices, the Application Manager option is named as “Apps”.
- Now, you will see the lists of the applications that are stored on the device. Go to the “Contact” section.
- In the “Contact” section, you will get the “Storage” option. Tap on it and then proceed to the next step.
- Finally, you need to tap on the “Clear Data” option and then select the “Clear Cache” option.
After clearing the cache data, check if you are getting the error. If you are getting the error message, proceed to the next section.
Method 4: Disable the Media Storage
In most cases, the error message is associated with the media Storage application. In that case, you need to disable the media storage from the Android device to fix the error.
And to do that you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Android Device and from there, go to “Settings”.
- Now, tap on the “Application Manager” option and then go to the ‘Show System” option.
Note: The application manager will vary in every Android device, in some of the devices, it will be named as “apps”.
- In the Show System section, you will see a list of applications
- Search for the “Media Storage” option and then tap on it.
- Tap on the “Disable” button to disable it completely.
Now, after disabling the media storage, check if you have solved the error. If not, then simply go to the next section.
Method 5: Check the Settings of Google Sync and Media Storage
If the Google Sync and Media Storage settings are not, this can lead you to the error. In that case, you need to check the settings of both Google Sync and Media.
How to Disable Google Sync
Disabling Google Sync is quite easy. To do that, you need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Device. From there, tap on Settings.
- Now, move to the “Account and Personal” section. Tap on the “Google Sync” option next.
- You need to uncheck all the boxes from this section. This will help you to stop Google Synchronization.
How to Disable Download Manager
- Now, to clear the media storage, you need to go to “Settings” again.
- Next, tap on the “Apps” section and then tap on the “All Apps” section.
- Now search for the “Download Manager option and tap on it.
- Go to the “Clear Data’ section and tap on it. And then tap on the” Disable’ button.
Now, you need to turn off the Android device and turn it on back. After doing the above steps, you won’t be able to see the error message on the device. Now, turn on the Download Manager and Google Sync again so that the system can work properly.