The Windows error message API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing can appear while installing or launching an application. It occurs whenever a user tries to open Adobe software components. Usually, this error is caused due to some error in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Other programs like Adobe Premiere, Skype, XAMPP, Microsoft Office, are some of the programs that can cause this error.
Methods to Fix API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error
Here, you can find some effective measures to help get rid of this problem on your system. Hence, go through these steps accordingly.
Method 1 – Installing Missing Components Using Windows Update
You can download and install the missing components of Visual C++ Redistributable via the Windows Update. Thus, follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Start menu and type ‘Update’. Then, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- Now, click on Check for Updates and Windows will automatically check for the latest updates.
- Once found, click on Update now to download and install the latest updates.
Now, you can open the program to check the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error. If you open the program successfully then it is resolved or else you can try the other methods.
Method 2 – Repairing Visual C++ Redistributable
You can also remove the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error by repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable on your PC. thus, follow the steps below to do so.
- Go to the Start menu and type the word Control in the search box. Thereafter, select the Control panel from the search results.
- Then, tap to the Small icons pane and select the Programs and Features menu.
- Now, find and select Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from the list and right click on it.
- After that, select Repair option from the list and click the Yes option.
- Finally, follow the instructions as shown on your screen to complete the repairing process.
Next, check if you are able to launch the application without any problems or not.
Method 3 – Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternatively, you can try to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable to get rid of this problem. Hence, go through the instructions given below.
- First, go to the official website of Microsoft and then go to the Download option. There, search for Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Then choose your system type x64 or x86( x32) and download the latest version for your system.
Note: If you are not aware of your system type then you can check it in a few simple steps. Go to the Start menu and type ‘system info’. Thereafter press enter to open System information. Here, you will be able to see whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Next, it will start the downloading process for the installation file. Then, right click on the file and open it as an Administrator.
- After that, follow the instructions as displayed on your screen to reinstall it on your system.
Finally, try to launch the program once again. Check if you still find the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error or not.
Method 4 – Copying The File From Another PC
As an added alternative, you can directly find and copy the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another computer. However, the Windows system of the other computer should be the same as yours. Hence, go through the steps given below.
Here, you need to first locate and copy the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll file.
- Take a USB drive or a CD or DVD. Then, insert it into the other computer running the same Windows version.
- Press the Windows logo + E key to launch the File Explorer. Then, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and type ‘API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll’ in the top right search bar. If you do not find the file in this directory, then you have to search in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
- Once found, right click on the file and select Copy. Then, transfer the file on the USB stick or CD/DVD.
Now, you need to transfer the file onto your own computer. Thus, follow the steps below.
- Insert the USB stick or CD/DVD in your computer. Now, copy the ‘API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll’ and go to C:\Windows\System32.
- Here, right click on the empty space and select Paste. When prompted for Admin privileges, simply click on Yes or Continue.
- For better measure, paste it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as well.
Now, you can check whether the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll is still missing or not.
To Summarize, you should be able to fix the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error with the help of the above methods. Generally, reinstalling the Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable should do the trick. If you cannot find another computer, then you can search for the dll file on Microsoft’s official website. Do not try to download it from any other sources as it could contain a malware or virus which can potentially harm your system.