Several users lately reported that their Apple TV remote is not working despite what they try to fix it. There are different series of Apple TV remote that are available in the market. Generally, this problem occurs with the series 4 Apple TV remote.
It’s really annoying to face such a situation and keeping that in mind, we have come up with the fixes to this particular issue, here.
However, before directly moving on to the solutions, let us first check out the reasons because of which this issue occurs. Knowing the reasons will help you prevent the issue in the future.
Apple TV Remote Not Working: Why does this happen?
Just for a heads up, the reasons because of which the Apple TV remote stops working are listed below. This is quite helpful for resolving the issue.
- As the Apple TV remote is an electronic device, it works on batteries. Without getting power from the battery, you cannot operate the Apple TV remote. Check the batteries that you insert into the Apple TV remote have power and whether they are inserted properly in the right direction or not.
- The Apple TV remote may also stop working if any kind of obstacle is present between the signal transmission of the Apple TV device and the Apple TV remote. For sending and receiving the signal, the Apple TV requires an obstacle-free path. Remove all the obstacles that might block the path of the signal, the Apple TV remote transmits or receives.
- As you already know that the Apple TV remote has an advanced IR feature, it is quite necessary that the IR sensors present in both the Apple TV and the Apple TV remote must contact each other visually. If this condition is not met, then the Apple TV remote might stop working.
Solutions to Fix Apple TV Remote Not Working
The solutions given below given are the permanent solutions for fixing the problem when the Apple TV remote stops working. So, check them out and implement them accordingly to resolve the issue quickly.
Solution 1: Try Restarting the Apple TV
Many a time, due to various kinds of bugs and issues the Apple TV remote stops working. The simplest way to solve this issue is to restart your Apple TV. That might resolve all the issues and make your Apple TV remote start working again.
You will find the restart option in the menu of your Apple TV. Go to the menu and go to the bottom of the list. You will find the Restart option at the end of the list. Click on OK and then check whether the error is solved or not.
If still, the problem remains do not worry. Go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Change the Apple TV Remote Batteries
If you are using the Apple TV remote for a long time and the issue suddenly appears then it can be the batteries because of which this issue occurs. Check the batteries of your Apple TV remote. Try changing the batteries and install new batteries. This might sound funny but in many cases, the batteries are the main reason for the Apple TV remote not working.
If you use rechargeable batteries then charge your remote for at least 30 minutes with the help of a USB cable.
Now check if the issue is gone or not.
Solution 3: Try to Pair your Device Again
There are a lot of issues and bugs that might disturb the connection of your Apple TV with the Apple TV remote. So it is recommended to check if the issue resolves by pairing the remote with Apple TV again. There are different steps for pairing the remote. You will find the steps below.
In the case of Remote users with Siri
- Take your Apple TV remote close to the Apple TV.
- For at least 5 to 10 seconds, press and hold both the menu button and volume up button together.
- After that, if you hear a sound simply place the Apple TV remote on the top of the Apple TV. Else try step 2 again.
In case you use Aluminium or white Remote
- Hold both the Menu and Right button for 10 seconds after pressing them.
- You will find a link symbol on the screen of your TV.
- Again press and hold the menu button of your Apple TV remote. The screen will flash 3 times in a row signifying that the pairing of the Apple TV with the remote is successful.
Solution 4: Reset the Connection
Broken links between the connection of both the Apple TV and Apple TV remote also cause this issue. Try to reset the connection among these and resolve this issue. The steps for doing so are given below.
- Firstly plug in the Apple TV after unplugging it. Wait for at least 5 seconds before you plug in the Apple TV again.
- Now use the Apple TV remote and check whether the issue is still there or not.
In case if you are using Siri remote, then simply use your Apple TV remote to reset the connection.
This can be done by pressing both the menu button and the volume button. This will take the device back to its pairing mode and reset the connection between your Apple TV and the remote.
Thus this is how you can fix Apple TV 4 remote not working. The fixes provided here are easy to perform and you should have no problem in fixing the issue quickly and completely.