Getting Avast error 42125 while running this antivirus is one of the most common inconveniences which you can encounter. Well, if this error is bothering you often, then you need to fix it as soon as possible. And, you need a guide to do so.
This article consists of a step by step guidance which will help you out. But before going to the solutions part, now, let’s focus on the causes due to which you are getting this error.
Causes for Avast Error 42125
There are more than one reason why you come across this error with your device. For instance-
- First of all, due to CRC error or the damaged or corrupted ZIP files, you can encounter this error with your device.
- In case you are using third party software, you can encounter this error.
- Due to virus or malware, you can also come across Avast error 42125.
- Improper exit of ZIP files while transferring can be the reason too.
- In some cases, due to some bad sectors present in the hard drive, you can also encounter this error.
- Due to file system corruption, you can also come across this issue.
- Interruption due to power failure is another reason of this error.
- If you have changed the file extension of a ZIP file, then also you can encounter this error.
Well, as you become aware of the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions with the help of which you can fix this typical error with ease.
Resolve Avast Error 42125
Here are some DIY steps, using which you will be able to fix this error with high accuracy. Try to follow whichever looks convenient for you.
Method 1: Clean Out Junk Files
Your system collects some junk data over time. So, it is important to clear junk files after a time period. If you have not cleared junk files, then also you can encounter this error. In order to clear junk files, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to locate the Start button and tap on it to continue.
- Once done, you have to tap on the search bar and type cmd in it as well as hit Enter while holding down the Ctrl and Shift key to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see a black screen with a blinking cursor.
- After that,you have to hit the yes button.
- Now, you have to type ‘cleanmgr’ in the blackbox as well as hit the Enter key to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see that the Disk Cleanup will show you how much junk file are there in your system.
- Once done, you have to check the box which you want to clear.
- Tap on the OK button to continue.
After that, you have to check the status of the error. If it persists, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 2: Repair Registry Entries
Due to corrupted registry entries, you can also encounter this typical error with your device. In that case, try to follow these steps to repair them correctly. Repairing registry entries can harm your device.
So, at first, you have to back it up and then try to repair it manually.
- At first, you have to tap on the Start button.
- Once done, you need to type ‘command’ in the search box.
- While holding the CTRL + Shift together, you have to hit the Enter button.
- Now, you will be able to see a permission dialog box. Hit on the OK button.
- Now, you will be able to see a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Once done, you have to type “regedit” and hit ENTER.
- Now, in the registry editor, you have to choose this error related key which you want to back up.
- After that,from the File menu, you have to select Export option.
- After that, in the save list, you have to choose the folder where you want to save this backup related entries.
- After that, in the export range box, you have to be sure about that the Selected branch is selected.
- Tap on the Save button to continue.
- Now, the file will be saved with a .reg file extension.
- In this way, you will be able to backup the registry entries.
After performing these steps, you have to repair this error related registry entries on your own. Once done, check the status of the error. You will be able to resolve it. If not, then try the next method.
Method 3: Update the Avast Software
In case you are using an outdated version of Avast, then also this error can pop up. Well, in that case, try to follow these steps:
- In order to update it, you have to go to the Start button and locate the search bar.
- After that, you have to write ‘control’ and hit Enter to continue.
- Now, Control Panel will open. From there, go to Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Here, you will be able to see a list of applications present on your device. Choose Avast.
- From here, right-click on Avast and choose Update.
Give your device some time until the process is complete. Also, make sure you have a working internet connection. Then, you have to check the status of the error. This time, you will be able to resolve this issue quickly.
Wrapping it up
Hopefully, after following the above steps, you can eliminate this Avast error 42125. You can further uninstall the software and then reinstall it. Also, make sure you don’t have any other security software present in your device. If you have any other queries, then leave a comment.