While using a Canon printer, users may encounter various types of issue and error codes and the B200 is one of them. Usually, this error code is caused by some minor hardware issue of the printer. However, in certain situations, users have noted that the error code B200 is occurring on their printer due to some Software malfunctions as well. Now, if you are one of those users who is facing this error on their printer and want to know the most effective ways to fix Canon printer error code B200 then follow this article. This is because we have provided those solutions for you here. Now without wasting any time, let’s have a look at it.
Major Causes of the Canon Printer Error Code B200:
The Error Code B200 is connected with many problematic factors of the printer and we have described some of them in this section. Have a look at them.
- Uncleaned ink cartridge and printhead
- Damaged or improperly installed ink cartridges
- Misaligned print carriages
- Dirty Printhead Contact Pins
- Outdated Printer driver and application. Now if you have analyzed all the possible cause of this error then let’s have a look at the solutions.
Best Ways to Fix Canon Printer Error Code B200:
In order to remove this error from your Canon printer, you need to follow some simple solutions and those solutions are provided in this section. Have a look at them and try to execute them exactly as instructed.
Clean the Printhead and the Ink Cartridges
In most of the cases, this error appears in a Canon printer because of an uncleaned ink cartridge and printhead. Hence you should start the solution task by cleaning them. Now to know about the cleaning process follow the given steps
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source
- Then, open the printer cover in order to reveal the ink cartridges.
- After that, remove the printhead from the printer. Be careful while doing this, otherwise, your printer may encounter some serious damage.
- Once you have done that, clean the Printhead along with the Ink Cartridges.
- Then you need to clean the contact pads of the printer. To do that use a contact cleaner or a good pencil eraser.
- Now, reinstall the printhead and the ink cartridges to their rightful places.
After the installation, turn on the printer and run the Auto Head Alignment test. Now, if everything works according to the plan then the error code B200 will get eliminated from the printer. And to check that, give your Canon Printer some printing commands.
Manually Adjust the Print Carriage
Sometimes, Canon printer users encounter this error code due to the print carriage misalignment issue and it is quite possible that the same problem is causing error B200 on your printer. Now to fix this misalignment problem on your Canon printer you need to follow given instructions.
- Power down your printer and open the print head bay.
- Then, turn on the printer and wait for print carriage to start moving to the left,
- Once it reaches halfway, shut down the cover. Then turn on the printer again.
Now, your printer should start working without any trace of the error code.
Clean Up the Printhead Contact Pins
After a certain period of time, the electronic contact pins of the printhead get covered with dirt and grease and create the error code B200 in the printer. Now, if you are facing this same problem in your printer then follow the below-given cleaning steps to resolve it.
- Open up your printer and remove ink cartridges and uninstall the printhead.
- Then clean the electronic pins with alcohol (isopropyl alcohol if possible) and make sure they are 100 % clear.
- After that, turn off the printer. But while doing this don’t use the power button. Instead of that, you need to do it by plugging out the power cord.
- Now, you have to clean those electronic pins which present in your printer with the same cleaning alcohol.
- Once you clean them completely, let it dry for a few minutes. Then, reinstall the printhead and ink cartridges in your printer and turn it on normally.
After doing that, check whether the issue is resolved or not by giving out some printing task.
Update the Printer Drivers and Application
Apart from the above-mentioned hardware issue, it is quite possible that the error code B200 is appearing on your Canon Printer due to a software issue. Most of the time, the software issues which are connected with this error code is the outdated printer driver and application issue. That’s why you should begin the software solutions by updating them. Now, to do that you need to follow some simple and precise instructions and those are given below.
- First, go to the Control Panel window and click on the Hardware and Sound option.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, click on the Device Manager option. This will open up the Device Manager window on the screen.
- There, you need to locate and click on the Printers option in order to expand it. In that expanded section you will get the drives options for your Canon printer.
- Right click on that option and open up the Context menu. On that menu, you will get the Update drive option. Click on it.
- Now a window will appear on the screen. On that window, you need to click on the search for drivers automatically option.
After that, the Update tool will search the web in order to find new printer drives for your system. If the tool, gets any new drivers update then it will automatically install them on your system. However, if the tool doesn’t find anything then you should look for the available driver updates by yourself on the Canon’s website and then download them to install manually. After updating the Printer drivers, visit the Canon’s website once more in order to download a new version of the Canon printer application. Once you have updated both of them, check for the existence of error code B200.
Run the Deep Clean.
Now, if don’t want to clean your Canon printer manually then you can use the Deep Cleaning process for that task. To know how to activate it on your printer, follow the given instructions.
- Click on the Start icon and select the Devices and Printers option.
- In the Devices and Printers windows, you will find an option labeled as your Canon printer’s model name. Right-click on that option.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen. There you need to click on the Properties option. This will launch the Properties window on the screen.
- Inside that window, you need to tap on the Maintenance tab and then click on the Deep Cleaning option.
Now your Canon printer will automatically start a cleanup process and you just need to wait until it gets finished. Once the Cleanup task is completed, perform a Nozzle Check with the help of the Maintenance tab to ensure that the Canon printer error B200 is removed.
Canon’s Multi-ink Cartridges Printers
Those users who possess those models of Canon printer that can take more than one ink cartridges can also try to use all the above-given solution to remove this error. But, in the case of most multi-ink cartridge Canon printers, the error code B200 usually indicates towards an improperly installed or damaged ink cartridge. That’s ways, you should check that problematic possibility before applying any solution.
However, if even after applying all the solutions given in the above sections, you unable to solve Canon MG5320 printer error code B200 then there is a very big chance that your printer is suffering from serious hardware problems. In that case, you should contact a technical expert in order to find effective solutions for those problems.
We hope our solutions and suggestions are quite helpful to you regarding Canon printer error code B200. For more tech-related information keep following our upcoming articles.