The Chromium is an open-source browser that is created by Google. It contains the basic codes of the Chrome browser. Many of the users can’t uninstall Chromium from their PC.
Hackers have potentially using it to deliver unwanted malware and programs. So, if you have a malware-infected program and can’t uninstall it, here we will guide you on how to do that.
If you have a malware-infected Chromium, then every once in a while you will get popup messages and you won’t be able to unlock those. So, it will be better to uninstall Chromium to the earliest to avoid these problems.
Key Methods on “Why Can’t I Uninstall Chromium” Error
This section consists of the best possible ways on how to uninstall Chromium from Windows.
Way 1: Uninstall Chromium using Control Panel
To properly uninstall the Chromium, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the Windows and R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, enter “appwiz.cpl”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- This will open the “Programs and Features” option of the Control Panel window.
- From the list of the programs in this section, search for the “Chromium” application.
- Right-click on Chromium, after finding it. Choose the “Uninstall” option from the menu.
- Now, go to the “App Data” folder and click on the “Chromium” application to remove it.
- Further, navigate to the recycle bin and check if there are any Chromium related folders. And if, then remove those one-by-one to solve the matter.
Note: Read the onscreen instructions carefully to remove the Chromium completely from the device.
Lastly, restart your computer and check if you have successfully fixed the error or not. If you can’t uninstall Chromium from Control Panel, we would suggest you follow the next method.
Way 2: Remove Chrome using All Programs
Uninstall Chromium by going to the “All Programs “section on Windows. To do that, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu. Click on the “All Programs” button.
- Now, search for the “Chromium” application folder and click on it.
- Then, choose the “Uninstall Chromium” option.
- Next, click on “Uninstall”.
Now, restart the device and check if you have successfully uninstalled the Chromium application or not.
Way 3: Remove Chromium using Task Manager
If you’re still facing the “can’t uninstall Chromium Windows 10” error, then uninstall the application by going to the Task Manager. To do that, you need to go through the following steps:
- Hold the Ctrl, Shift and Esc key together to open the Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, go to the “Processes” section.
- From there, search for the Chromium application and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Open File Location” from the menu. Now, right-click on the application again.
- Click on the “End Task” option. Once the Chromium application is closed, choose the “Explore.exe” folder and right-click on it.
- Choose “Delete” from the available options.
- Now remove all the Explore Folders. Select them all and right-click on it.
- Click on the “Delete” option. Also, delete all the contents that you will locate under the “Data” folder and the “Games Bot” folder from the “Local” section.
Now, go to the recycle bin and check if all the Chromium deleted folders are there. After checking it, restart the device to end the task.