Critical process died Windows 10 is a critical issue which is generally caused when Windows identify and detects that any data has been modified. When it appears, then you encounter a blue screen with error code 0x000000EF and a message showing critical process died Windows 10. When this typical error occurs, the operating system which you are using can encounter several troubles. You can also encounter this error due to a virus attack, memory error or due to a bad driver. If you are encountering this error on your Windows 10 PC, then this article is just perfect for you. This article contains a complete guide with proven solutions which will help you to overcome this issue.
Troubleshoot and Fix Critical Process Died Windows 10 Error with Amazing Techniques:
Here are some effective hacks using which you can easily troubleshoot this error. Try to follow these steps, whichever looks convenient for you. Apply them as per instructed for critical process died Windows 10 fix.
Method 1: Perform an SFC Scan
In case, if you are getting this error due to corrupted or changed system files, then you can run an SFC scan. This is undoubtedly one of the most preferable solutions for Windows related errors. It will be helpful for you because it will repair the system files and will fix the bug. In order to run an SFC scan, you have to try out these steps:
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Start menu button and select the Command Prompt (Admin)
- Once you are done with the steps, then you have to enter the line which is sfc/scannow.
- Wait until this process completes, it will take some time.
- After that, you have to restart your computer.
- Now, if you see critical process died Windows 10 persists, then follow the alternative method described below.
Method 2: Perform a Full Antivirus Scan
Sometimes, Spyware or Adware can damage your system files, thus you can solve it by changing system files. If you won’t be able to resolve this error after performing these steps, then you need to scan the computer to detect and remove the malware. In this case, you can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions to fix this error. Here are the steps using which you will be able to perform this action.
- At first, you have to go to the Start button and locate the search bar.
- After that, type ‘defender’ as well as double click on the Windows defender to launch the tool.
- Now, in the left-hand pane, choose the Shield icon.
- After that, in the new window, tap on the Advanced scan option.
- Thereafter, you have to check the Full Scan option in order to launch a full system malware scan.
Alternatively, you can also use some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer.
Method 3: Uninstall Latest Updates
As per some users, you can also get this error by performing the latest Windows 10 updates. It can be a serious issue. In that case, you can also uninstall the latest updates in order to fix this critical process died Windows 10 error. In that case, try out these steps cited below:
- First of all, you have to go to the Settings button as well as go to the Windows Update. Once done, you have to choose the ‘Update history’ option.
- Once done, then go to the Uninstall Updates section.
- After performing all these steps, choose the update(s) which you want to uninstall and tap on the Uninstall button.
Now, you have to download it. If this error still persists after performing all the previous steps, then you can follow the alternative step.
Method 4: Clean Boot your Computer
You can also perform a clean boot with your computer in order to resolve this error. In that case, try to follow these steps listed below:
- Firstly, go to the Start bar and locate the Search bar. Now, type System Configuration in the search box as well as you have to hit the Enter button to continue.
- After that, in the services tab, you need to check the box against Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Now, you have to tap on the Disable All option.
- After that, you have to hide Microsoft services.
- Once you are done with the steps, then in the Startup tab, tap on the Startup tab as well tap on Open Task Manager.
- After completing all these steps, go to the Startup tab in the Task Manager and choose all items. Tap on the Disable button to continue.
- Now, you have to close the Task manager.
- After that, go to the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box. There you need to tap on the OK button and restart your computer to continue.
Method 5: Perform a Disk Checkup
You can also perform a disk checkup using the Command Prompt window. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to start Command Prompt as administrator. Then, type the chkdsk C: /f command and hit the Enter button to continue.
- Now, you have to replace C with the hard drive partition.
In case, if you don’t want to use the parameter, then the chkdsk will display a message which you need to fix. The chkdsk D: /f command will detect and repair logical issues which will affect your drive. In order to repair physical issues, you have to run the ‘/r‘ parameter as well.
Method 6: Run DISM to Solve Windows 10’s System Image
You can also try to run the DISM in order to resolve this critical process died Windows 10 glitch on your own. In such cases, try to follow these steps:
- At first, navigate to the Command prompt as an administrator.
- Once done, then type the command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- After that, tap on the Enter button in order to run the command.
- Once done, you have to wait for it until it finishes the scanning process. This process will take some time to complete. While proceeding with this method, if the progress bar gets stuck on 20%, then don’t worry. Be patient.
- After completing the DISM scan, you have to restart your computer.
Additionally, you can also perform these steps:
- Now, you need to mount your Windows 10.iso file by double-clicking on it.
- Navigate to the Command Prompt or PowerShell as administrator.
- After that, check for system health by running these commands:
Command 1: dism /online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth
Command 2: m /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
Command 3:dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthdis
- After that, run this command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- Now, you have to replace the X with the drive letter where you have mounted your Windows 10 ISO.
Method 7: Perform a System Restore
You can also perform a system restore in order to resolve this error. In that case, try to follow these steps stated hereunder:
- At first, navigate to the Settings and go to the Update & Security button.
- Now, you have to tap on the Recovery button which is situated under the left pane.
- After that, tap on the Get Started option which is situated under the Reset this PC. Now, select Keep your files option.
- Once done, then you have to follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the reset process.
These are some simple steps using which you will be able to resolve the critical process died Windows 10 error on a quick note. Hopefully, you have completed all of the steps and implemented them in a well- manner. Follow the steps and eliminate the critical error that you are facing. Unfortunately, if you fail to perform the above steps due to lack of time, then consult an expert for immediate assistance.