Dell Error Code 2000-0142 is very uncommon but one of the most critical issues for the Dell users. While you are trying to access any data, then the sudden data corruption or system freezing, both are an annoying situation. Not only that, the Dell device takes a long time for booting programs, and a constant repair screen appears on the display. Therefore, the active programs start to crash automatically and the device fails to give a real-time response. Here, we are going to analyse the problems first and provide you with the feasible solutions in this article to overcome it permanently.
“Dell Error Code 2000-0142”-What are the Critical Issues Behind It?
Mostly hardware related issues are responsible for this annoying problem. Moreover, critical software problems can also trigger Dell Error Code 2000-0142 very often.
- Disk failure issue is one of the significant errors responsible for Dell device error.
- Dell device error occurs due to the hard drive problem and fails to recognize the device as well.
- Data corruption and MBR faults are other barriers leading to the Dell device reboot problem.
- The faulty and misaligned cable is a critical factor for creating the connection problem between the Hard disk drive and the computer.
Solve Dell Error Code 2000-0142 With Effective Ways
There are lots of technical ways, you can use to get rid of the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 effectively. Moreover, it enhances the Dell laptop performance as well as provide you with real-time protection without any technical hassle. Here, we are going to talk about those essential steps that help you to solve the Error Code 2000-0142 quickly.
Method 1: Perform a Disk Check
After performing an effective disk checkup process, you can identify the bad sectors and also has the capability to repair them accordingly.
- First, insert the Windows 7/8/10 installation disc in the disc drive, and then reboot the System.
- Now, press the F8 key from the keyboard. When a window prompts on the screen, choose the DVD drive from the boot menu that appeared on the screen.
- After that, select proper language, time and currency through the keyboard input method and hit the Next button to go to the next step.
- Click on the ‘Repair your Computer’ option from the resultant window and choose the Operating System that you want to repair.
- Confirm it by tapping the Next button and tap the Command Prompt option from the System Recovery Options dialogue box.
- Next, type the command “chkdsk/f/r” and press the Enter key to run it. It will start to run automatically and identify the bad sectors of the device. Now, repair the corrupted data and memory spaces accordingly.
- After performing a disk check process, the Dell System will start to reboot automatically. Now, start Windows in Normal Mode. Finally, verify whether the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 still persists or not.
Method 2: Reinstall the Windows PC
You can perform the Windows PC reinstallation programs and upgrade your device with the latest version. Thus, you can avoid the Dell Error efficiently.
- Download the Microsoft’s Media Creation tool from the Microsoft Official website and create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Now, run the Setup.exe installation file from the downloaded folder and upgrade the existing Windows installation file simply.
- Make sure that you have stored all the important data from your device and save them on another device as a backup file. Now, boot the non-working PC by USB flash drive and wipe off all the content from the C:\ drive.
- However, if the PC won’t boot automatically, then enter the BIOS screen by pressing the F2 key from the keyboard. Now, locate the Startup or Boot options and choose a removable USB drive as the first bootable device.
- After a successful boot, you can see the Windows logo on the screen and follow the on-screen instructions and choose the language from the drop-down list.
- Next, select the perfect disk partition, as well as, the correct hard drive to install the latest version of Windows. Then, you might choose the only available option that is the large unallocated space, in the case of a new drive.
- The PC starts to reboot successfully after finishing the installation program and you can see the Windows logo. The system will take a couple of minutes to start. Remove the DVD or installation disk from the device.
- After restarting the Windows in Normal Mode and launch an app to check whether the app takes a long time to open or not.
Method 3: Perform a SMART Test
The SMART test includes Memory tests, driver tests, fan tests, etc. Moreover, it helps to analyse the exact problems as it is one of the self-monitoring programs and it can generate a report according to the Dell device condition.
- Restart the PC in the Normal Mode and press the F2 key from the keyboard immediately after showing the Dell Manufacturer’s logo.
- Now, choose the affected drive and press the Enter key from the keyboard to select it.
- Next, select the SMART options from the resultant window and press the Enter key to start the SMART check.
- Choose the Smart Check option under this section as per your convenience. The SMART Status Check shows the current status of the HDD drive, whereas the SMART Short Test-Self runs a short self-test on HDD. You can run and extend the HDD self-test by selecting the SMART Extended Self-Test.
- Once the operation is done, then press the ESC key from the keyboard and close the BIOS Setup Utility window. Finally, run the programs and verify whether the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 got fixed or not.
Method 4: Replace the Hard Drive
Replace the HDD with a new Solid State Drive(SSD), to resolve Dell Error Code 2000-0142 easily.
- Turn Off the Dell PC and remove the back panel from the system. Now, disconnect all the power cables from the device and separate all the devices connected to it.
- Then, remove the SDD driver from the slot gently and unscrew the back panel and pull it out to get access to the HDD drive.
- Now, lift the old drive up about 30-45 degrees and separate it from its slot.
- Place the SSD and install it correctly. After that, turn on the back pane of the Dell device.
- Next, install the SSD by sliding the drive at an angle and push it firmly to connect it directly to the interface.
- Finally, secure the drive with the screws, which you have removed before and screwed the back panel to cover up the drive. The entire step will take a long time and when done, check whether the SSD can recognize your PC or not.
- After restarting the Windows, type “defrag” in the search box and choose the option says, “Defragment and optimize your drives”.
- You can see the drive is enlisted under the Solid State Drive(SSD) in the Optimize Drives window. Now, close the window and verify whether the real-time booting is performed or not.
Method 5: Repair the Erroneous Disk and Recover the Data
Follow the steps below to repair the disk and recover the data:
- First, buy an external drive that must be compatible with the Dell drive and connect it as to secondary drive.
- Now, connect the external drive by SATA cables and read the disk properly, and identify the bad sectors. If the MBR section is corrupted or the Windows files are damaged, then you can recover the data from the HDD.
- When done, try to reboot and verify whether the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 still appears during the app launching program or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the effective methods to overcome the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 permanently. Moreover, we have defined the significant issues behind this critical error. Besides this, you will get a clear idea about the possible symptoms that indicates the problems from the very initial stage. So, we hope this content will be helpful to Solve Dell Error Code 2000-0142 efficiently.