Discord allows users to voice chat. However, sometimes you might experience that the Discord can’t hear anyone problem arises. That is, the other users clearly hear your voice but you can not hear them.
Want to know why this issue occurs? Well, most of the time due to the improper setting of the audio driver this error arises.
In case, the audio device is not being selected as the default device, or if the hardware is not compatible with the latest audio system, then also the error will occur.
Due to the incorrect selection of the audio device, this error message might pop up.
Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord [Easy Solutions]
Have a look at the effective solutions to fix the problem on your own.
Solution 1- Activate the Use Legacy Audio Subsystem
Sometimes, the Discord can’t hear anyone because of the hardware compatibility issue with the Discord’s subsystem. It can be solved by navigating to the legacy Audio system and turning on the Use Legacy Audio Subsystem option.
- For it, at first, open the Discord window.
- After that, click on the User Settings (gear symbol) icon.
- From the left-hand side pane, select the Voice & Video option.
- Next, under the Audio Subsystem section, locate the ‘User Legacy Audio Subsystem’ text and enable it by moving the switch in the right-hand direction.
- Now, a new dialog box will appear on the LED display. Click on the Okay button to confirm the changes.
- Lastly, close the Settings window.
- Reboot your machine and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 2- Select your Audio Device as the Default option
Setting your audio device as the default is an effective way to solve the Discord audio problem. Here is how you can set your audio device as default.
Go to the icon tray and from there right-click on the Sound icon. Then, locate and choose the Playback devices option. After that, the Playback tab will appear on the display.
Next, find out and right-click on the Audio Device. It can be either a speaker or a headphone. Afterward, choose the ‘Set as Default Device’ option.
Thereafter, again right-click on the Audio device and this time select ‘Set as Default Communication Device’ option.
Once you have successfully applied the steps, then, there must be a green tick mark beside the audio device.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to see the audio device under the Sound window, then apply the following steps:
- First, right-click on an empty space on the Sound window and enable the ‘View Disabled Devices’ option as well as the ‘View Disconnected Devices’ option.
- After this, the audio device must appear in the available list. Thereafter, select the audio device and right-click on it.
Now, repeat the above steps and click on Apply followed by OK. Finally, reboot your device.
Solution 3- Configure the Input/ Output Sound settings
To apply this solution, first, open Discord. Next, select the User Setting icon. Thereafter, click on the Audio & Video button.
Now, the Output and Input must be present on the top of the next page. From there, choose the correct audio device for the Discord. However, if you confused, then select the first one, and after that, click on the Esc button to close the settings.
Then, check whether the Discord is working or not. You might try different devices from the scroll down menu and see which one works for you.
If all the above solutions fail to fix the error, then you might have to refresh the Discord. So, simply press the Ctrl and R keys together to refresh the Discord.
That’s it. Hope by using these solutions you can fix the Discord can’t hear anyone issue without any problem.