Discord not picking up the mic issue is a vast problem especially for the video gamers. If you disable the Automatic Input Sensitivity setting of the Discord app, then this issue might arise. Sometimes it is possible that the microphone which you are using is the reason behind the issue.
The other factor that includes are your Discord app is not using the correct microphone or the Exclusive mode in Windows is in the enabled state.
Check out the below lines to know how to fix the Discord app not picking up the mic issue.
Discord not Picking up my Mic [Solutions]
If the Discord suddenly not picking up mic, then you can try the following solutions to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Re-open the Discord
When something gets wrong with your Discord account, the mic issue arises. To solve this factor, you need to allow the following steps:
- Launch the Discord app and go to the bottom-left corner of the window to select the “User Settings” icon.
- Next, from the open menu, select the Log Out option.
- On the pop-up window, click on the Log Out button to confirm the process.
- Repeat the process a few times until it registers. You need to reinsert your credentials to log back in.
After doing these whole steps, now try to use the Discord mic service. Hopefully, everything will work fine.
Solution 2: Check the Discord Input Sensitivity settings
Make sure that the Input Sensitivity setting of Discord is active as automatic. To check the Discord Input Sensitivity settings, go through the following steps:
- At first, go to the bottom left corner of the Discord window and select the User Settings option.
- After that, under the App Settings section, click on “Voice & Video”.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Input Sensitivity section.
- Here, ensure that the Automatically determine input sensitivity option is enabled. If not enabled, then you need to enable it.
- After that, speak into the headset and look at the volume bar, is it lights up in solid green or not.
- Now, disable the Automatically determine input sensitivity option.
- After that, move the manual slider and put it somewhere between the line. At the time of your talking if the manual bar pulsates, then you should be good to go.
Solution 3: Launch Discord as an Administrator
Due to the lack of the administrator privileges, you may get the Discord not picking up the mic issue. So, open Discord with the administrator privileges to fix the matter. Here is how you can launch the Discord app as an administrator.
- Right-click on the Discord shortcut and then select the “Run as administrator” option.
- If the “User Account Control” window appears, then click on Yes to continue.
- Now, you need to send an audio message on Discord. Thus, you might be able to check whether your microphone works properly or not.
Solution 4: Reset the Voice Settings
To fix the Discord app not picking up the mic issue, you need to reset the voice settings in Discord. Perform the following steps properly.
- First, from the bottom-left corner of the Discord window, select the User Settings option.
- Then, navigate to the App Settings section. From here, choose “Voice & Video”.
- Thereafter, scroll your mouse and select the “Reset Voice Settings” option.
- Now, click on OK and wait until the Discord reboots successfully.
- In the end, just reconnect your headset. Check whether the glitch has been removed completely or not.
Solution 5: Disable Exclusive Mode in Windows
You can fix this problem by disconnecting the exclusive mode in Windows and for that, perform the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, from the taskbar right-click on the audio icon.
- From the menu, select the Recording Devices option.
- After that, from your headset choose the “Microphone” option. Then, click on the ‘Properties’ button (present at the bottom of the window).
- Now, go to the Advanced tab. Further, disable all the options that you will locate under Exclusive Mode. Click on Apply to confirm the changes.
- In the end, just restart your system and check whether your mic is working in Discord properly or not.
Hopefully, after applying the above solutions appropriately you will get the Discord not picking up the mic issue fixed successfully.