It can be very frustrating when Discord’s push to talk is not working properly. Basically push to talk is a microphone which is a communication tool for gaming purposes. This is a common problem and you can easily resolve it with the help of this article.
In case, if the Discord application is not working properly, then at first, you should check whether the microphone is under the input device. Otherwise, it is possible that you will encounter the problem.
To resolve the problem, this article comes with a list of simple and effective fixes. Simply resolve the problem and then you will find that the Discord push to talk is working properly.
Discord Push To Talk is not Working In-Game: [Resolved]
If you have the same problem with the Discord tool, then apply these troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the problem. Let’s check out the fixes and steps listed below.
Fix 1: Restart Windows and Discord
The first time when you face this issue, you should try to restart the system and also the Discord application. As you know, restarting the Discord and Widnows may help you to resolve the problem.
First of all, close the Discord application and then restart the system. When the system turns on, again launch the Discord and check whether the push to talk is working properly or not.
Fix 2: Reset Voice Settings
If you frequently encounter this problem, then you need to reset the voice settings. Apply these steps in order to reset the voice settings.
- At first, charge the Discord and then click on the gear icon which is available next to the profile name. Thereafter, choose the User Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Voice and Video’ under the Application Settings option. Scroll down and then press the ‘Reset voice Settings’ which is highlighted with a particular color.
- Thereafter, resetting Voice Settings will prompt on the system screen. It will delete all local volumes and silences.
- A confirmation box will appear, click on the Accept to confirm the message.
Due to this, it will be updated to their default values. Now, check if the problem still persists or not. Otherwise, move to the next solutions.
Fix 3: Log Out and Re-Login
Some of the software problems may lead you in this situation according to the users. Therefore, logging in and out will update the interface and you will no longer face any Discord push to talk not working problems.
- Firstly, launch the Discord application and then move to the User Settings section. Therefore, scroll down and then select the Sign Out option.
- After successfully signing out from the Discord application, restart the application. Now, again login to the Discord application and check whether the microphone is working properly or not.
Fix 4: Assign and Configure the Correct Input Device in Discord Application
In case, if you are using any external microphone which may be not compatible with the Discord application, you need to configure the microphone as the default input device. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, launch the Discord application and then click on the User Settings option. Thereafter, select the Voice and Video option from the left sidebar.
- After that, choose the preferred microphone instead of default under the Input Device. Finally, ensure that the volume slider is completely up to the mark.
Now, check the status of the issue.
Fix 5: Turn Off Microphone “Exclusive Mode” in Windows Device
Basically, the Exclusive Mode is a function in the Windows device that allows certain programs to take exclusive control on the specific microphone.
But in the Discord application, you cannot apply this feature. Therefore, you need to disable the Discord application to apply the feature.
Follow the steps in order to turn off the Exclusive Mode.
- First of all, locate the Speaker icon from the Windows Taskbar. After that, select the ‘Recording Devices’ from the drop-down list.
- Therefore, select the microphone among the options and then move to the Properties section. Next, click on the Advanced section and then test the Discord Microphone.
- In the Exclusive Mode, you need to ensure that the ‘Allow Application to take exclusive control of this device” and “Prioritize applications in exclusive mode” options are not checked.
- When you are done, press the Apply button. Then tap on the OK button to complete the process.
Give your PC a fresh restart. Now, you will no longer encounter any problem with the Discord push to talk.
Fix 6: Update the Audio Drivers
After applying all the methods that are mentioned in the section above, if you still get the same problem again and again, then you need to update the audio driver.
You should go through the following steps in order to update the audio driver.
- First of all, right-click on the Windows Start menu and then click on the Device Manager option. Search for the Audio Driver from the list and right-click on it. Before proceeding further, you need to make sure that your device has a proper internet connection.
- Therefore, select the Update the driver from the drop-down menu. Now, it will automatically check whether any updated version is available or not.
- If found, it will start downloading the driver. After successfully downloading the driver, click on it to install the fresh version on your device.
It will take some time to complete the process. Finally, restart the system and further you will not get such an issue with the Discord push to talk.