Suffering from Discord screen share, not working issues is one of the most annoying issues that you can frequently encounter. Most of the discord users often reported about the issue.
Luckily, they have successfully tackled the problem with the help of the fixes, so read on and check them out.
What Causes Discord Screen Share Not Working Issue?
Several reasons can be responsible for the discord screen share not working problem. Deducing the correct cause can actually help you to get rid of this situation faster. Hence, take a look below.
- Bad Audio Drivers: In case, the audio driver installed for discord application is corrupted or not working properly, then you might experience this issue.
- Administrative Access: Usually, discord shares the entire screen to other systems remotely. Hence, it requires administrative access. So, granting elevated access is the only solution.
- Application Issue: Some specific applications might not tend to work with Discord properly. As a result, you will confront this annoying situation.
- Audio Features in Initial Phase: The audio that is available with the mechanism of screen share is in the primary stage and is unstable. This is also the primary reason behind this issue.
How To Troubleshoot Discord Screen Share Sound not Working Issue?
Go through all the solutions properly and then check which one is the best suits you.
#1. Restart the Computer
The first thing that you need to do is to restart the system when you encounter the problem. Some of the programs running on the background might conflict with the Discord and you will encounter this error.
Hence, simply by restarting the system you can fix the problem.
After doing this, check whether you are getting the same issue or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
#2. Update Discord
Developers of Discord regularly release updated versions. It might be possible that a recent update leads you in this condition.
To get rid of this situation, update it once again. Hence, try to update the Discord and check whether you are encountering the same issue again or not.
Therefore, go through the instruction mentioned in the section below.
- At first, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows key + R key at the same time. After that, type ‘%localappdata%’ in the Run window and click on the OK button.
- Therefore, locate the Discord. Now, double-click on it. Thereafter, select the Update.exe and double-click on it.
- Wait until the update process gets completed. When the process gets over, launch the Discord again and check whether the sound problem still persists or not.
#3. Update the Audio Driver
Usually, Discord screen share sound not working issue appears when you are using an outdated or corrupted audio driver.
There are two ways to update the audio driver. Either you can update the audio driver manually or automatically.
In manual process, you need some technical knowledge. Because in this step, find out the exact driver for the sound.
Here, we have described both processes.
Update the Driver Manually
In the manual process, first, visit the manufacturer’s website. Now, search for the corresponding driver which is compatible with your device.
Now, download the driver and install it on your device. It will take some time to complete the process. When the process gets completed, check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Update it Automatically
In order to update the sound driver automatically, move to the Device Manage section from the Start menu.
Now, locate the sound driver from the list that will appear on the system screen. After that, right-click on it.
Thereafter, select the ‘Update the Driver’ option. It will then automatically, search for the updated version of the driver and starts downing it.
When the downloading process gets over, install it on your device.
Once you are done with the steps, restart the system and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
#4. Clear Discord Roaming Data
A few people told that improper account settings or temporary Discord file can also lead you in this situation.
Therefore, deleting the Discord roaming data is an effective solution to get rid of this situation.
Hence, follow these steps.
- First of all, exit from the Discord completely. Then, launch the Run dialog box and type %appdata% in the Run window. Hit the Enter button.
- Here you will find the Discord. Then, right-click on it and click on the Delete option.
Finally, launch the discord to test the problem.
In case, if the problem still persists, then move to the next section.
#5: Turn Off the Antivirus Temporarily
In case you found that there is no sound while trying to open the Discord, then you should check the antivirus. Because the antivirus software might prevent to work properly.
Hence, it is advisable that when you are trying to open the Discord, turn off the antivirus software temporarily.
To do that, go through the steps mentioned under section.
- At first, double-click on the antivirus icon situated at the home screen in order to open it.
- After that, move to the Setting section. There you will find the Disable the Antivirus option. Hence, turn it off using the toggle switch.
After successfully, turning off the antivirus software, check the status of the error message.
#6: Reset the Voice Settings on Discord
If the voice setting is not set properly, then also the problem might appear. If this is the problem, then you need to reset the voice setting in order to resolve the problem.
To do so, walk through the steps.
- First of all, run the Discord on your device and then move to the Setting section. After that, select the Voice & Video option and then click on the Reset Voice Settings option.
- Thereafter, click on the OK button. Hopefully, after applying these steps, you can easily resolve the problem.
#7: Add the program you want to Share to Discord
In order to share the screen properly in Discord, verify that the program you share is already added to the Discord. In case, if you found that the program is not added, then add it by yourself.
- First of all, run the Discord and then program as well that you want to share. After that, click on the Setting option.
- Thereafter, click on the Game Activity tab and then tap on the Add it section.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen and then select the program that you want to share.
- Now, click on the Add Game section and then turn on the toggle switch which is present next to the OVERLAY.
With the help of these, you can surely resolve the problem.
In case, if the problem still persists then you need to reinstall the Discord and install with the newest version.