Dragon age inquisition crash on startup is a concerning issue reported by users. As this problem occurs, players can’t continue their game and are forced to end it. According to the users, they don’t receive an error message when this problem occurs.
Some users have found this problem just after launching the Dragon Age inquisition. Whereas, others encounter this problem in a specific game region like Skyhold. So, if you are one of these users, then identify the problem and fix it with the correct solution.
Methods to Resolve Dragon Age Inquisition Crash on Startup PC:
We have discussed some methods for you to try out at your home.
Method 1: Disable Third-party Antivirus Protection
In case, you are using a Windows PC, then turn off Windows Defender by using the following steps:
- Launch the Settings app from the Start menu and navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Choose ‘Windows Security’ and click on the ‘Virus and Threat’ protection link.
- Next select ‘Manage Settings’ and swipe the toggle for ‘Turn on real-time protection.’
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to disable real-time time protection.
- Close the Settings window and launch Dragon Age Inquisition to ensure that it is working correctly.
If you have another antivirus software installed on your computer, then use the following steps:
- Go to the Start menu and search for the Control Panel.
- Then, open the Control Panel window and choose ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ link and select the antivirus program in the list of installed applications.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button and click ‘OK’ to ignore the confirmation popups.
Some antivirus programs allow users to add a security exception. So, if your antivirus has this facility then, launch the software and choose ‘Options.’ Click ‘Advanced Settings’ and select ‘Exceptions’ in the left menu. Next, click on the ‘Add Exception’ button and add an exception to your game executable. Do not forget to add another exception to the Origin executable.
Method 2: Disable 3D Vision
According to several user reports, Dragon Age Inquisition crash on startup if the Nvidia feature is included with their graphics card driver. In this case, the problem started after installing a new Nvidia driver called 3D Vision.
Thus, we can assume that 3D vision interferes with Dragon Age Inquisition and creates problems. Therefore, remove this driver by using the steps that are given below:
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to launch the Run application.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run dialog box and press ‘Enter’ to execute this command.
- Scroll down the Programs and Features window and right-click on Nvidia 3D Vision driver.
- Choose the “uninstall’ option from the context menu and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After uninstalling this driver, restart the system to start Dragon Age Inquisition afresh.
Method 3: Disable Built-in Origins Menu
If you brought the game through Origin, then there will be a built-in menu in the EA platform. This menu often seems to conflict with most of the popular games. So, disable this built-in menu and check whether it solves your problem or not.
- First, open the Origin client and enter the login credentials for your EA account.
- Click on the ‘Application Settings’ in the main Origin menu and click the Origin In-Game tab.
- Swipe the toggle switch for ‘Enable Origin In-Game to Off’ in order to disable this option.
- Then, exit the origin client and restart Dragon Age Inquisition to ensure that it has stopped crashing.
Method 4: Change the Graphics Settings to Automatic
You can encounter unexpected crashes by forcing your system to run the game on ultra or high. It occurs as your system fails to maintain a steady condition. Therefore, set the graphics settings to automatic to rule out this probability.
Doing so will match the graphic settings to your system capabilities. As a result, the game won’t crash due to resource incapabilities. So, go to your game options and choose the ‘Automatic’ option for the overall graphics quality. Hence, restart the game to ensure that it is not crashing.
Method 5: Change VSync to Adaptive and Tesselation to Medium
If the automatic graphics adapter fails to fix the problem, then you have to configure Dragon Age Inquisition manually. Thus, you will need to modify two key graphics settings: Tessellation and VSync.
Therefore, access these settings on your computer and change them to Automatic. Then, click the ‘Save’ button to let the changes take effect and open the game causing trouble.
Method 6: Disable the Lunge and Slash Ability
Most users reported that the Dragon Age Inquisition crashes when the Effortless Lunge skill is enabled for the main player or any of his companions. Hence, the crashes depend upon the way the video cards process the skill’s animation.
So, if the problem persists after trying the above methods, then check whether any of your companions have EffoEffortless Lunge or not. If you have identified this feature, then avoid it immediately. However, you can choose another upgrade to use the Lunge and Slash.
Method 7: Update Graphics Card Driver
- Right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon located on your desktop and select ‘Manage’ option.
- Click Device Manager on the new window and expand the name of your graphics card.
- The graphic card driver will have a yellow color mark if they are outdated.
- Next, right-click on the driver and select ‘Update driver software.’
- Finally, complete the driver update with the on-screen instructions.
Method 8: Use the Compatibility Mode
Many problems get resolved in the compatibility mode. So, enable this mode and run your game to fix the issue.
- Right-click on the game icon on your computer screen and choose ‘Open file location..’
- Now, right-click the executable file of your game and select ‘Properties’.
- Navigate to the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box for ‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Tap on the ‘OK’ button to apply these changes and run the game to ensure that you have solved the problem.
Method 9: Use Windows Mode
Run the Dragon Age Inquisition in Windows Mode and try to fix the crash. It is a straightforward process as you need to press the ‘Alt’ and ‘Enter’ keys to launch your game.
Method 10: Check Computer Specifications and Verify Game Files
Your computer must have some specifications in order to run Dragon Age Inquisition. Therefore, use the following steps to check your computer specifications.
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter “dxdiag” into the Run dialog box to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- If DirectX has some corrupted files, then the DirectX Diagnostic Tool won’t launch.
- Thus, resettle DirectX by downloading and installing it properly on your computer.
- If the installation is successful, the Windows will display a DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
- Now, click on the ‘System’ tab to check the OS version, processor, RAM, DirectX version of your computer.
- Switch to the ‘Display’ tab and check the graphic card information of your computer.
- Then, move to the next page and click on the ‘Save All Information’ button.
After checking your computer specifications, verify the important game files. Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch if certain game files are corrupted or missing from your computer.
So, open the Origin Client and sign in to your account. Choose ‘My Library’ from the left pane, right-click on the game and select the ‘Repair’ option. Then the Client starts verifying your game files and repairs the corrupted ones. Moreover, it downloads the missing files and installs them on your PC.
These were the best solutions for Dragon Age Inquisition crash on startup fix. Unfortunately, if the solutions don’t work for you, then check the configuration of the CPU and disable TeamViewer.