Dragon Age Inquisition is an action-based video game that is available for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation. But sometimes, you might note that Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch in Windows 10.
You might encounter this error if Windows service is running in the device at the time of playing this game. Besides, if any game files are missing, it can prevent the game to run properly.
Moreover, for not running the game without taking the administrative privileges can lead you to this error. This error can get triggered if the Dragon Age Inquisition game is not compatible with the Windows 10 system.
But, you can easily fix these issues by implementing easy methods and get a proper solution to fix this game error. Thus, you need to move to the next section to get the requisite guidance.
5 Methods to Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Windows 10
This section consists of the key methods to fix the error associated with the Dragon Age Inquisition. You just need to implement the methods as is stated below.
Method 1: Verify the Game Files
If the critical game files are missing, you can come across this error. Besides if the game files are corrupted, it will make issues while opening the Dragon Age Inquisition game.
In that case, you need to first check the game files, because that is the root cause of this error. To check the game files in Windows 10, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Origin Client” section and then sign in to the account.
- Next, move to the “My Game Library” section.
buy penegra online https://www.gcbhllc.org/files/new/penegra.html no prescription
- From the “Game Library” section, tap on the “Dragon Age” application.
- Tap on the “Repair Game” option.
buy aciphex online https://www.gcbhllc.org/files/new/aciphex.html no prescription
The client will now start to verify the game files.
It might take a while to completely check all the missing files. When done, the Client will automatically download the missing files in the device. It will replace those corrupted or missing files with a fresh copy of those files.
Now, try to play the game, if you’re still unable to launch the game, we would suggest you move to the next section.
Method 2: Grant Administrative Privileges
If you are running the game without any administrative privileges, then you won’t be able to run the game. In that case, you need to grant administrative privileges to the Dragon Age Inquisition application.
To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Go to the “Game Installation Folder”. Right-click on the “executable” option.
- Choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu. From there, go to the “Compatibility” section.
- From the “Compatibility” section, tap on the “Run as Administrator” box and check it.
Now, after granting administrative privileges to the Dragon Age Inquisition game, check if you can run the game successfully. But if you are still facing the same issue, we would suggest you move to the next section and get rid of it.
Method 3: Disable the Full-Screen Optimisation Option
In most cases, if the full-screen optimization feature is enabled it restricts the Dragon Age Inquisition game to launch.
In that case, you need to disable the full-screen optimization option in Windows 10. To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Game Installation Folder”. From there, search for the Game Executable option and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu. And then tap on the “Compatibility” section.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, search for the “Disable Full Screen Optimizations” box and check it.
- Now, tap on the “Apply” button to save the current changes.
After disabling the full-screen optimization option, run the Dragon Age Inquisition game. And if you’re still unable to do that, simply proceed to the next section.
Method 4: Reinstall the Direct X and VC Redist
The direct X and VC redist game files play a major role in the game installation folder. If you have installed the wrong version of the X and VC redist folders then that might interfere with the game and as a result, the game won’t launch in Windows 10.
In that case, you need to reinstall those files in the device. And to do that, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Game Installation Folder and from there, search for the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist” path.
- Now, run the “DXSetup.exe” folder and replace the versions with the new ones.
- Next, search for the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc” path.
- Choose the “VCRedist.exe” folder and run it. Replace the folder with the new ones.
Now, restart the device and check if you can launch the game. But if you are still in the same state, you need to apply the below-mentioned method.
Method 5: Run a Clean Boot
If the Windows service is running in the background while playing the game, it might create issues. And as a result, the game won’t function properly.
But, you can easily fix it by running a clean boot in the device. To run clean boot in the Windows 10, you need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device as an “Administrator”. Next, go to the search box.
- In the search box, write “msconfig”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- Go to the Services tab and search for the “Hide all Microsoft Services” box.
- Check the box and then tap on the “Disable All” button.
Note: This option will help you to disable the services that are running in the device.
- Now. go to the Taskbar and then tap on the “Task Manager” tab.
- Next, you will get the “Startup” tab. Go to that tab and check if all the applications are “disabled.”
Next, restart the device and try to open the game and check if it opening properly. But if you are still getting the error, you need to check the computer specifications.