As the name represents, this error does not let you open the Epic Games Launcher. As this is the only gateway for playing various games such as Fortnite, hence you might face problem.
At times, some of the users are unable to see anything and some can see the launcher for a short period of time and it goes back to the start screen. As a result, you will not be able to launch the Epic game launcher.
So what can you possibly do to resolve the problem? Read on and find the answer.
Acute Reasons for Epic Games Launcher Won’t Open Issue:
There are various reasons that can stop you from launching the Epic game launcher. To know them, take a look below.
- Error State or Servers: Most of the time, the applications get stuck for no reason. There are no specific answers to why this problem appears. In such a situation, restarting the device is the best option.
- Antivirus: According to the users, the antivirus software might prevent to launch the epic games launcher and as a result, you will find this issue.
Fixes for Resolving Epic Games Launcher Won’t Open Error:
Go through the section below to resolve the Epic games launcher won’t open problem. So, let’s get started.
#1. End the Epic Games Launcher process in Task Manager
In case the Epic games launcher is running in the background, then after double-clicking a couple of times, the game launcher will not launch the device.
In such a situation, end the process in the Task Manager section. To do that, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Ctrl, Shift, and ESC together in order to launch the Task Manager on your device.
- Now, locate the EpicGamesLauncher from the task Manager and right-click on it. Now, choose the End task from the drop-down menu.
- After closing the program, now, try to open the Epic Games launcher and check whether it is launching properly or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
#2. Launch the Epic Games launcher from the Start Menu
If solution 1 is unable to resolve the problem, then launch the Epic Games launcher from the Start menu.
Hence, to launch the Epic Games launcher from the Start menu, follow the steps described in the section below.
Firstly, press the Windows key and then type ‘Epic Games Launcher’ in the search bar and hit the Enter button to run it.
Hopefully, you can launch the program from the Start menu. Then, remove the shortcut from the desktop and create a new one.
In case, if the problem still persists then move to the next solution.
#3. Adjust the Display Settings
According to the users, the problem might be fixed just by adjusting the Display settings. Next, adjust the size of the text, applications and other items as well. Here are the procedures that you need to perform.
- First of all, right-click on an empty place on the desktop. A drop-down menu will pop up on the system screen. Select the Display Settings from the list.
- Now, click on the Scale and Layout section. Then, you need to ensure that it is set to 100 %.
Finally, try to launch the Epic Games launcher and check whether you are encountering the same issue or not.
#4. Update the Graphics Driver
If you are using an outdated or corrupted graphics driver, then also you might get the same problem. Therefore, update the graphics driver in order to resolve the problem.
- At first, press the Start button and then move to the Device Manager section.
- Now, locate the graphics driver from the list and right-click on it. Then, select the Update the Driver option from the drop-down list.
- It will automatically search whether any updated version is available or not. If yes, then it will start the downloading process of the driver.
- When finished, install it on your device. It will take some time to complete the process. Once done, check whether the Epic games launcher is launching or not.
#5. Repair the Epic Games Launcher
Sometimes, repairing the Epic Games launcher from the Control Panel section might resolve the problem instantly. Hence, check these procedures in order to repair the Epic Games launcher.
Hence, go through the process as described in the section below.
- At first, open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R key. After that, type ‘control appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button.
- It will then lead you to the Programs and Features section. Now, search for the Epic Games Launcher and right-click on it. Now, select the Repair option from the drop-down menu.
At last, try to launch the Epic Games Launcher and check whether you are encountering the same error again or not.
#6. Change Epic Games Launcher Properties
If you are an iOS user, you can also encounter Epic games launcher won’t open Mac. Hence, to resolve the problem you need to change the Epic games launcher properties. Therefore, follow these steps.
- Locate the Epic Games launcher from the desktop and right-click on it. Now, select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the Shortcut tab. After that, click on the Target option and click on the OpenGL to end of the path filed.
- It will look like
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” -OpenGL
- Now, click on the OK button to apply the changes.
- After successfully changing the Properties option of the Epic Games Launcher, now, whether it is opening properly or not.
If the problem still present, then reinstalling the Epic games launcher is the only solution.
#7. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
If all the described solution failed to resolve the problem then try to uninstall the Epic Games launcher and install it again with a new version is the only solution.
To do that, go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, launch the Run box by pressing the Windows + R key simultaneously. After that, click on the control appwiz.cpl on the Run window and hit the Enter button.
- Due to this, you will move to the Programs and Features section. Then, locate the Epic Games Launcher and right-click on it. Now, select the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the OK button in order to confirm the action. When the uninstallation process gets over, restart the system.
- Now, visit the official website of Epic Games and download the latest version of the Epic Games Launcher which is compatible with your device.
After successfully installing the updated version of the EpicGames Launcher, restart the system again and now, it will open normally.