Epson is of such brand that produces quality scanner for all time. As a result, it becomes the most preferable brand among users. But, sometimes due to recent Windows system update, some users face issues with Epson scanner. Epson Communication Error is one such error that is encountered by the users more than often.
This particular issue crops up whenever the scanner application fails to scan for any documents. As we all know in our daily life scanner plays a great role as well. So, when the scanner starts to malfunction it seems very annoying to the users.
In case, if you are also facing the same, then this article will be beneficial for you. Go through the entire article and fix the issue on your own.
Underlying Causes Responsible for Epson Scanner Communication Error
It is very important to know the proper and exact reasons behind each and every error. If the users know the causes, then it will be easier for them to get rid of the issue as soon as possible. Likewise, this particular issue also has some underlying reasons as well. Have a look at some of them that are briefly stated below.
- A recent update of the Operating System is the main reasons for getting this glitch.
- If the Epson scanner is not compatible with the connected device, then you might get the issue as well.
- Misconfiguration of the Epson scanner’s firmware with the device’s software can be an important cause for the issue.
- If your device gets attacked by Virus or malware, then it might block the device from connecting with the Epson scanner and shows the error.
Feasible Ways to Fix Epson Communication Error
Here, we are going to illustrate some methods that will help you to get rid of the Epson communication error at the earliest possible. Take a glance at the solutions and try to follow all of them.
Solution 1: Restart Shell Hardware Detection
To detect whether any external hardware has a proper association with the system or not, Shell Hardware Detection is used. It helps to notify each and every hardware autoplay events. So, follow the steps to fix the tool and eradicate the error.
- The very first thing you have to do is to press the Windows and the R key at the same time on your keyboard. It will help you to open the Dialog box.
- Now, in the box type “services.msc” and hit the Enter button as well. Here, you can see a list of file names will appear as a search result.
- Now, you have to locate the service “Shell Hardware Detection” and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu and choose the Properties icon. Keep waiting until the new window appears.
- Then, you have to verify whether the startup type is selected to the option as Automatic or not. If not, then set the option as Automatic and then exit from the window.
- Now, go to the “service” file and right-click on it.
- At the final step, tap on the Restart button and let your device to restart. Check if you can successfully get rid of the error or not.
Solution 2: Turn Off Password Protected Sharing
In case, if the first method is not helpful for you then you may go with this step. The very first thing you have to do is to, type “Advanced Sharing” in the Search box. After that, you have to hit on the Enter button on your keyboard. Now, choose the application and click on “Private”. Then, check the “Turn On file and printer sharing” option and click on it. Now, select “All Network” and verify if the “Turn Off password protected sharing” icon is marked or not. After that, tap on the “Save Changes” and detach the scanner from the device you are using. In case, if the problem is related to the Protected Sharing, then it might be get solved after executing the method.
The information provided in the article are all tried and tested and will surely help you to get rid of the issue. However, if you confront any problem, then comment below.