There are several questions which might arise while you are using your printer and get the message “Epson printer error code 0x97”. If this is the case, then this article will be helpful for you. Here, you will get the complete knowledge regarding the error along with the solutions.
First of all, the common query which comes to the users’ mind is why I am getting this error. Many of the Epson users get stuck with the error and able to resolve it with some of the useful methods which you can learn from this article. So let’s proceed further.
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
There is not a definite or exact reason which is responsible for the error 0x97. However, to know the cause, check these points out:
- Outdated printer drivers: If you have not updated the printer drivers yet, then this can result in such an error.
- Internal hardware damage: Damaged printer parts after a long usage can be the reason for this error message. Sometimes, the negligence of cleaning the printer can be blamed for the hardware damage.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97: Easy Methods
Now, here, in this portion, we are going to discuss about the effective methods by which you may be able to fix the issue which are causing the error 0x97.
Method 1: Unplug and Plug back the Components of the Epson Printer
This is the primary method to fix the Epson printer error code 0x97. Remember the places from where you are taking out the components, so that, you can reassemble it perfectly later.
- At first, turn off the printer.
- And then, go through the parts to check if any tiny piece of paper is stuck anywhere. And if you found one, then pluck it gently.
- Also, remove the installed cartridges and verify if everything is fine. Clean the parts with the help of a soft lint-free cloth or a brush.
- Unplug all the cables from the printer’s body.
- Once you have verified and cleaned all the parts, reassemble them properly. You can even take the help of the manual (which you get with the printer), if you face any problem in attaching any of the parts.
- After completing all these tasks, restart both the computer and the printer and verify if the error gets resolved. And for this, take a sample printout.
Method 2: Update the Driver of the Epson Printer
This is another and one of the most effective methods with which you can get rid of the Epson error 0x97. And the steps are as below.
Set View by as Large icons Under Control Panel
Firstly, open the Control Panel window. And for this, at first, press down the Windows button to get the search bar open. Then, on the search bar type ‘control’ and press the Enter button.
Then, verify the “View by” portion and set as Large icons.
Go to Devices and Printers to Update Epson Printer Driver
Next, from the available options, click on “Devices and Printers”. Then, look under the Printer and Faxes section. Here, you will see your printer device, right-click on it.
After that, select “Properties”. Now, from the printer properties window, select the Driver tab. And then, click on the “Update Driver” button, this will pop-up a window.
Here, you will get two different options:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse your computer for driver software
Click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
After that, restart your computer as well as the printer device. And then, when you will try to print a document, hopefully, you will not Epson Printer error code 0x97.
Method 3: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
After trying both these above methods, if you are still facing the error code 0x97, then try to resolve it with the help of the Microsoft’s inbuilt troubleshooter.
- First of all, by using both the Windows and the letter R key open the Run dialog box.
- Then, type ‘control’ and click on OK. This will open the Control Panel window.
- Now, check out the View by section of the Control Panel. Set as Large icons.
- Further, from this Control Panel window, search for the “Troubleshooting” option, and click on it.
- Then, at the top-left side, you will see an option as See all the options, select it.
- After that, go to the Printer section, and under that click on your Epson device. On doing this, the troubleshooting process will begin. It will not take much time to complete. Once it’s over, you need to look at the end result. Finally, take the necessary action to solve the matter accordingly.
That’s all about the methods with the help of which you can solve Epson printer error code 0x97. Hopefully, after a thorough work out of these methods you will get the error resolved.