Error code 97 is one of the most common error messages of the Epson printers. Most of the times, this error appears in the printer after a heavy and long season of device usage. However, sometimes this error code may occur after a short period of device activation. Usually, this error code is caused by some minor hardware issue. But, in certain situations, this error also indicates a major hardware problem. Now, if you want to know how to fix Epson printer error code 97 in the most effective way, then follow this article.
This is because we have provided every possible solution for this error here. Now, without any time, let’s get into it.
Main Causes of Epson Printer Error Code 97
In an Epson printer, there are many problematic factors that can cause this error code. Moreover, we have provided some major examples of them in the below area. Have a look at them.
- Over usage
- Paper Jam
- Ink leakage
Now, if you have analyzed all the main cause of Epson printer error code 97, then let’s move on towards its solutions.
Solutions for Epson Printer Error Code 97
There are various types of solutions that you may use in order to remove this error from your system and Epson printer. But only a few of them will be able to give you a positive result. That’s why, in order to help you out in that task, we have provided some of the most effective solutions for this error in this section. Have a look at them and try to follow them as instructed.
Restart the Printer
In most of the cases, Epson printer users are able to fix this error by simply restarting the printer. And it is quite possible that the same thing works for you also. That’s why we will suggest you try this method before the other ones.
Now, to execute this method in the proper manner follow the given steps:
- First, turn off the Epson printer and unplug the power cable from the AC outlet.
- Then, disconnect all the USB and Ethernet cables.
- After doing that wait for 5 minutes. This will help your Epson printer to cool down.
- Now, you need to press and hold the power button of the printer for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, you need to plug in power cord into your printer and the AC outlet and then hold the power button for 60 seconds.
Once the mentioned time duration is over, release the power button and check whether still appears or not.
Check for Paper Jams
Another problem that may cause this error on your Epson printer is a Paper Jam. It is one of the most common printer issues and can occur in any printer present in the market. Therefore, you should check and fix this problematic factors before trying anything else.
- Turn off your Epson printer and open it up.
- Then, look for any jammed papers or debris. If you find any, then remove them carefully. After that use an air blower to clean up the small pieces of papers.
- Once you have done that, you to unplug all the USBs and cables connected with your printer and then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. This will discharge all the residual electricity present in your printer.
Now, you just need to reconnect all the USBs and power cables into your printer and then turn it on in order to check the existence of the error.
Clean up the Mechanical Pad
In some cases, users have found that the error code 97 is appearing on their printer because of an ink leakage issue. And it is quite possible that the same problem is creating this error in your Epson printer.
Therefore, check your printer and if you find this problem in it, then follow the below-given steps:
- Power off your printer and open up it’s casing.
- Then, take a tissue paper and wet it with some warm water.
- Now, you need to move the head cleaning mechanical pad to the center and then put the tissue on it.
- After that, you need to move the head to the parking spot and then wait for 10 minutes.
Once the given time period is over, remove the tissue paper and close everything. Then, turn on the printer and check if the problem is still there or not. Now, if this method doesn’t work for you in the first trial, then repeat it 3 more times. After that, check for the error once more.
However, if even after trying all the above-mentioned solutions you are unable to eliminate the error code 97, then it might be possible that your Epson printer is suffering from some serious hardware issues. And in order to solve those issues in the most efficient and effective way, you would need to contact a technical expert.
We hope our solutions and suggestions are able to settle down your queries regarding how to fix Epson printer error code 97. For more tech-related content, keep following our articles.