Many users while using Google Chrome browser face different sorts of errors. One of the common errors that the users very often encounter is the err_cache_miss error. Generally, this error occurs when the developers generally used to test their application by using the wrong codes. Apart from that, there are some other reasons also which might cause this error like when there is some issue with the caching system or when something goes wrong in your browser. Additionally, if there are bad settings in your browser or corrupted extensions in your browser, this also might lead you to this error. Whatever be the situation or reason behind this error, you can quickly get rid of it by following some easy tips and tricks. So, continue reading the rest of the article to know the details on it.
Prominent Solutions to Overcome Err_Cache_Miss Error:
In this section of the article, you will get to know how to get rid of this unwanted bugs in your Google Chrome browser as well as in your system. So, if you have encountered this particular error, then try out the solutions listed below to overcome this as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Reload the Page
The first and foremost thing that we can do when the error message err_cache_miss flashes on your computer screen is to reload the page. There is no doubt that this method works for sure when the reason behind the error is due to some network issues. The cause might be loose connections, poor connectivity or changing of networks during loading of the web page, etc.
In order to reload a page, you just need to press the F5 key on your keyboard. You can also opt to click on the Reload icon situated beside the address bar. After doing this, if you find that the issue gets resolved, then undoubtedly the issue was charge related. But if it does not prove helpful to you, then you should go for some other methods discussed below. Because then the reason behind the error shall be different.
Solution 2: Disable the Extensions in the Web Browser
Sometimes, when the web page fails to load in the browser, it displays the err_cache_miss error message. This usually occurs when specific extensions in the browser conflict with your web browser and also block them. If this is the case with your browser, then you need to find it out and fix the issue. You can go through the below-mentioned steps to disable the extensions in the browser:
- First of all, click on the Hamburger icon at the top left of the screen.
- Then, select More tools option from there and click on Extensions.
- You will get to see the list of all the extensions in your web browser.
- Now, you need to disable the Ad Blocking extensions and check whether it can fix the issue or not.
- If not, then you should disable other extensions as well, and there is no doubt that the issue will be solved. In case, if the issue still remains, don’t panic, just move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear the Browser’s Data
While browsing websites, many times it happens that we download some stuff and at times it also happens that we cancel some tasks in progress. These rapid actions affect a lot and cause the gathering of some corrupted caches as well as files in the browser. This becomes the reason for the occurrence of err_cache_miss error. Thus, in order to fix this error, you need to clear such corrupted files and data from your browser. To perform this task, go through the steps cited below:
- At first, press the Hamburger button which is present at the top left part of the window.
- From there, click on More Tools option.
- Then, choose the Clear Browsing Data option and check all the items
- After that, choose Beginning of time in the Obliterate column.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data option.
At last, you need to restart your browser and check whether the error still persists. If it is not fixed yet, choose the other solution discussed below.
Solution 4: By Using the Developer Tools
The Developer Tools is nothing but a set of tools available on the Chrome browser. You can seamlessly use this tool to fix err_cache_miss Android error as well as to fix some minor bugs. You just need to go through the under mentioned steps to do so:
- Open Settings by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I keys together.
- Now, go the DevTools window and select Application from the list of available options.
- Then, you need to click on the Clear Storage option.
- From there, you have to select the applications that you want to clear out.
- At last, click on the Clear Site Data option and restart the browser.
Solution 5: Use the Command Window to Reset the Network
The err_cache_miss error can be also fixed by resetting the network. But this method only works when this issue arises due to some network problem. If this is the reason, then you can use the command window to change the settings of your network to default. This will surely fix the issue. Reset the network by following the steps below:
- Type cmd in the Run window to open the Command window.
- Then, go to the Command window and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- After that, you need to type the below-mentioned commands one-by-one in the window:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Finally, restart the system. Also, check whether the err network changed error in Chrome still exists after performing this method. Now the network settings will revert back to the default.
Solution 6: Try to Disable Caches in the Web Browser
If you find that none of the above methods works for you, then you should try some advanced settings in Chrome. One such effective features that you can take help is Disable the Cache option. This feature prevents the appearance of the error err_cache_miss in your system. The steps that you need to follow to disable Cache are as follows:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I followed by F1 key to open the Settings menu.
- Now, check the Disable Cache option.
- After that, you need to restart the browser.
As this method is quite effective, it will surely help you to get rid of that error message. But, if you are still struggling with this particular issue, then the last method that you can try to get rid of this error is to reset the web browser.
Solution 7: Reset the Web Browser
You can try to reset the web browser in order to eliminate this error. It involves the default settings of your browser to come into effect. Moreover, you can do it by going through the below steps:
- At first, click on the Hamburger icon and select Settings.
- After that, click on the Show Advanced Settings option.
- From there, choose the Reset Settings option.
- Now, go to the prompt window and click on the Reset button to confirm your action.
- Lastly, you need to restart the browser.
Hopefully, by going through the aforementioned solutions, you will be able to fix overcome this critical error. If you find any difficulty in performing the above steps, then post your query below in the comment section. We will try to provide you some help. Furthermore, if you are still struggling with this issue, then opt for a professional’s assistance.