Windows update error 0x80070426 is a very critical error for every Windows users. An error message frequently pop-up which says, “An error has occurred in program initialization. If this problem continues, contact your System Administrator. Error Code: 0x80070426”. Incurring of the update error in Windows may occur due to incorrect registry files or due to the server problem. Moreover, misconfigured system files are also responsible for this error code. In addition, incomplete installation of the Windows operating system might lead you in this situation. Sometimes, the update error appears due to the slow internet connection as well. Additionally, a corrupt .NET Framework is also responsible for this error code. When you confront the error code, you cannot install or uninstall any program software on your device. Your computer might get slow due to this.
Here, in this article, we are going to provide some successful tips in order to fix the issue without any difficulties. Hence, stay tuned with this article.
Effective Fixes To Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80070426
Go through the article patiently and apply them in order to fix the Windows Update error 0x80070426.
Fix 1: Using Command Prompt
Using some command in the command prompt, you can easily fix the issue. Let’s start the process.
- At first, open the Start menu and type cmd in the to open the Command Prompt option. Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator option.
- After that, press Yes to continue the process. Now, type sc config wuauserv start=auto in the command box and hit the Enter button.
- Then, enter the command sc config bits start=auto and press the Enter button to execute the command.
- Thereafter, enter the sc config cryptsvc start=auto command and again press the Enter button.
- After that, sc config trustendinstaller start=auto and hit the Enter button to execute the command. At last, type exit and press the Enter button.
Then, restart the system and check whether the error code is resolved or not otherwise move to the next section.
Fix 2: Disable Windows Defender
You can turn off the Windows Defender for a time being and resolve the issue. To do so, go through the steps that are mentioned in the following section.
At first, press and hold the Windows key and R at the same time to expand the Run box. Now, type taskmsg in the Run window box.
After that, search for the Windows Defender Service (WinDefend) and right-click on it and then select Stop from the option.
Next, restart the system. This service will start automatically after restarting the system. When it gets stopped, try to uninstall the Essentials. In normal condition, you are unable to uninstall the Microsoft Security Essential. This is beecause Windows Defender will block to do that.
Once done, check the status of the error code.
Fix 3: Uninstall the Windows Defender
If the above the process does not work for you, you need to uninstall the Windows Defender option to resolve the issue. To perform the action walk through the below mentioned steps.
- At first, press the Windows key and move to the Control Panel option. Then go to the Programs and Features option.
- After that, go to the Uninstall a program option and search for the Windows Defender form the list. Right click on it and select Uninstall option. But you have to ensure that the Real-time protection is turned on.
After completing the process, check the error code 0x80070426 Windows 10 gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus Program
Sometimes, the third-party antivirus software tends to be one of the reasons for the error code. Hence, you need to remove the software in order to get rid of this situation.
To uninstall the antivirus program, at first, you need to open the Control Panel option and move to the Programs option.
After that, search for the antivirus program and right-click on it. Select the Uninstall option and click OK to confirm the action.
In this way, you can fix the issue in quick steps.
Fix 5: Run System File Checker (SFC)
Every Windows device comes up with an inbuilt tool called SFC to scan the corrupted system files. Hence, you need to run the SFC to check if it can troubleshoot the Windows Update Error 0x80070426. To perform the action, you should follow the steps as described.
- At first, press the Start menu and type cmd in the search bar. Now, hit the Enter button to open up the Command Prompt window.
- Type sfc/scannow in the command box and press the Enter button to execute the command. Wait until the step gets completed.
- You will find a statement on scanning. Wait for a couple of minutes for the scanning process gets completed.
Then, check if the error code still persists or not. If the error code still persists, then move to the next section.
Fix 6: Using Windows Update Troubleshooter Tool
Another in-built tool to resolve any problem in Windows device is Windows Update Troubleshooter. Hence, you need to run the tool to get rid of this situation.
- At the beginning of the process, press the Start button and type troubleshooting in the search bar. In the search result, you will find the Troubleshooting option.
- After that, click on the Troubleshooting option. In the next window, you need to move to the System and Security option. Now, scroll down and search for the Fix Problems with Windows Update option and click on it.
- It will automatically start the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool. Now, wait until the process gets completed and check whether the problem still persists or not.
In the above section, we have provided all the possible methods in order to fix the error code 0x80070426. Hope, this guideline is helpful for you. Read the steps carefully and you will definitely solve the issue without any disturbance. Furthermore, you can also share if you have a query in the comment section below. Do not forget to post your valuable feedback with us.