Windows Store is one of the most used apps in Windows 10. It helps the Windows users to install as well as update different applications. But, Windows Store is not free from occasional glitches. Error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 is a common error faced by several Windows users while installing a new app from Windows Store. Basically, this error code prevents you to install the application as well as it shows two options. You can either invoke the installation procedure again or you can cancel the process as well. But regrettably, whatever option you select, it can’t help you to fix the error. This issue may also arise while trying to update an app to make it proper for Windows 10 or Windows 8.
If you also face the same error for a while and unaware of the solution of this error, then nothing to get worried about this. Here in this guide, we are going to present some amazing tips and tricks which can help you to fix the error code 0x80073cf9. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10: Get Some Easy Hacks
When you face this error, you might try to reboot the system, but it might help you in some rare cases. Hence, you can face the Error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 again. Therefore, if you perform the steps stated below, then you can permanently solve this problem and block it from appearing again.
Solution 1: Create the Application Readiness folder
You can easily fix this issue by creating an application readiness folder. To create this, you need to perform the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to launch the Run Command box. Press the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘C:\Windows’ in the Run Dialog box. Hit the Enter to execute the command. You can also tap on the Ok button.
- On the new window, right click on an empty place.
- Choose the ‘New’ from the list.
- Then, tap on the ‘Folder.’
- Now, you need to rename the folder. Right-click on the newly created folder and choose the ‘Rename’ option. Now, type the name ‘AppReadiness.’ The final path of the folder becomes ‘C:\Windows\AppReadiness.’
After that, you have to check whether the Error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 has been resolved or not. If the error persists, then you have to move on to the solution given below.
Solution 2: Switch from Wi-Fi to Wired Connection
In some situations, the Windows Store shows this error if you are using a wireless connection. In this case, try to plug in an Ethernet wire to switch to a wired connection into your computer as well as the router from where you get the internet signal. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Run Command box by pressing the R and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the Run box. Now, click on the Ok button or hit the Enter.
- Now, right-click on the wireless adapter. Select the option ‘Disable’ from the list.
- Now, you should try the downloads/updates if it runs.
- Right click on the broadcast adapter to enable it.
- Then, you have to disconnect the ethernet wire from the system.
After that, you need to check that the Error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 still occurs or not. If you see that the error is not gone, then follow the solution given below.
Solution 3: Give the Store access to the Packages folder
Sometimes, the error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 occurs when the Windows Store can’t write the data to the Packages folder, that is placed inside the ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ Windows\AppRepository’ folder. Hence, you need to provide the Store access to the Packages folder. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below. Before going to the troubleshooting steps, you need to make sure that you can see the hidden folders and files of your computer.
- First, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and click on the Start logo.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and click on the Control Panel option.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Appearance and Personalization’ section.
- Go to the option ‘Folder Options.’
- The, click on the ‘View’ option.
- Choose the ‘Advanced Settings’ option from the list.
- Tap on the ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’ option.
- Confirm it by tapping the Ok button.
- Now, you have to right-click on the ‘App Repository’ option.
- Select the Properties from the list.
- Navigate to the Security section and click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ option. Then, allow the entire system to access all the application packages and system.
After that, check whether the error is still showing or not. If the error occurs, then go to the method given below.
Solution 4: Sync licenses
Try to sync the licenses of the system to check if it can solve the error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to navigate to the Start menu.
- When you will get the Start menu, then you need to tap on the ‘Windows Store’ feature.
- Now, press the I and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Windows Store.
- Then, click on the ‘App updates’ option.
- Navigate to the option ‘Sync licenses here.’
- After clicking on the ‘Sync licenses here’ option, you need to reboot the system.
After that, you should try to install an application or try to upgrade any application of your computer to check if the error still persists or not. If you see that the error still occurs, then perform the methods given below.
Solution 5: Remove the Problematic Applications from the System
The error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10 can also appear because of the problematic apps of the system. Try to remove those apps that are creating problems to your computer. To remove them, you should follow the steps given below:
- At first, invoke the Start menu by clicking the Start logo by going to the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to locate the app that is creating trouble with the system.
- Right click on that app and click on the option ‘Uninstall.’
- Tap on the ‘Windows Store’ option from the Start menu after uninstalling the problematic app.
- Search the app that you uninstalled. Download and install it again.
Now, check that the error code 0x80073cf9 still showing or not. If the error persists, then go to the solution given below.
Solution 6: Create the AU Install Agent folder
By creating the AU Install Agent folder, you can also fix the error. To create this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, navigate to the ‘Desktop’ folder by going to the Start menu.
- Then, click twice on the My Computer icon to open it.
- Go to the location where you install the Windows previously.
- Click twice on the ‘Windows’ folder from the new window.
- Now, you have to check if you have other folders which are named by ‘AUInstallAgent’ under the Windows folder. If you see there is no folder name with ‘AUInstallAgent’, then you have to right click on the ‘Windows’ directory to create a new folder with the same name.
- After creating the new folder, you need to reboot the system.
Now, check that the error code 0x80073cf9 still appears or not. If the error still continues, then perform the methods given below.
Solution 7: Turn off the Antivirus
We often use third-party antivirus to protect our computer from any unwanted virus or malware. Sometimes, it also might be the reason behind appearing the error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10. Hence, disable the antivirus software to check if the apps are installed properly afterward. If they install in a proper way, then it is a problem associated with the third-party antivirus as it prevents the application to install properly. But, if you see that, after disabling the antivirus, you still face the same error, then move on to the further methods and enable the antivirus to its initial state.
Solution 8: Disable the Firewall
The firewall might also be the reason behind the annoying Windows Store error code 0x80073cf9. Hence, one of the safest and quickest ways is to disable the firewall for at least a few times. When you have turned the firewall off, then you should try to download and install the application by going to the Windows Store. If you see that the apps are installed properly after disabling the Windows Firewall, then you need to understand that the error was linked with the Firewall of the system. But, after turning off the Firewall, if you still face the same issue, then enable it again and go to the method stated further.
Solution 9: Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter
Windows Store Troubleshooter is an in-built program of Windows that can help you to solve general types of problems that are affecting the Windows Store Applications. To run this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, navigate to the Start menu.
- Click on the gear-shaped Setting icon.
- Go to the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Select the ‘Troubleshooter’ from the new window.
- Choose the Windows Store Applications.
- Run the troubleshooter.
- After running the Windows Store Troubleshooter, you need to restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you have to check whether the error continues or not. If you see that the error still occurs, then go to the solutions given below.
Solution 10: Using System Restore
Using the System Restore, you can also fix the error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10. To perform this, follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to press the X and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Now, navigate to the ‘System’ section from the new window.
- Tap on the option ‘System control panel.’
- Select the option ‘System protection.’ You will see this option at the left pane of the screen.
- Click on the ‘System Restore’ option.
- Now, follow the on-screen guidance to complete this process and select the previous restore point to get back the settings of the system.
After performing the above steps, you should try to install or update an app from the Windows Store to check whether the error is still showing or not. If you see that the error is not gone, then follow the method given below.
Solution 11: Run the SFC or System File Checker
After trying all the solutions given above, if you face the same issue then you should run the SFC to your computer to check if it can solve the issue. SFC is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System that can help you to find the corrupted system files and repair them at a short span of time. To run SFC, you should perform the steps stated below:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search field.
- As a result, it will show the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Right-click on it.
- Choose the option ‘Run as Administrator’ from the list. It will start to run the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command Prompt window. Then, hit the Enter from the keyboard to execute the command.
- Now, you have to wait until the SFC scan the system.
- After completing the scanning procedure, you need to restart the system to save the changes.
After that, check whether the error is resolved or not
- How To Fix Windows Install Error 0X80300024
- Fix Windows Update Error Code 80070103: Learn the Effective Hacks
On the Whole
In the above guidance, we have provided some of the possible solutions to fix the Error code 0x80073cf9 Windows 10. We hope if you implement the above ways in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to ease up your pain. After successfully performing the above methods if you still face any kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of the post.