Error code 0xc0000022 is one of the most troublesome errors of the Windows OS. This error code primarily appears in two situations, during the application launching and system restore process. Most of the time, all the factors behind the occurrence of this error code is connected to some simple system misconfigurations. However, in a few situations, this error code is caused by some serious software issue. Now, if you are one of those users who is encountering this error code in their system and want to solve it as soon as possible, then follow this article. This is because we have provided every feasible solutions and workaround for this error code here. Now, without wasting any more time let’s have a look at the main causes of this error code.
Major Causes of Error Code 0xc0000022
This error code occurs in two different scenarios. That way there are many problematic factors that can create this error code on your system. In this section, we have explained all those major factors which create the error code 0xc0000022. Have a look at them.
While Launching an Application
- The Application doesn’t possess the Administrative rights
- Damaged Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable files
- Missing .dll files
During the System Restore Process
- Performing the system restoration process in the Guest Mode
- Software protection service is disabled
- Faulty or Corrupted HDD
- Interference of the Anti-malware and Anti-virus applications.
- Hardware issues.
Now, if you have identified all the main causes of this error code then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Solutions for the Error Code 0xc0000022
As you already know, this error code may strike during two major Windows OS process. That’s why you need to follow two separate sections of solutions based on the appearance of the error, in order to remove it from your system. Now, to help you out in that task, we have done that solution separation work for you, in this section. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Ways To Remove Application Error 0xc0000022
If you encounter the error code 0xc0000022 while trying to run an application then follow the given solution to fix it.
Provide The Administrative Rights To The Application
Most of the time, this error code is caused by improper permission settings. It is a very common setting mistake and most of the new users make these types of mistake quite often. Therefore, you should try it before applying any major solutions to the problematic application or system. Now, to rectify that setting mistake, follow the given steps.
- First right click on the application and open the Context menu.
- In that menu, you need to click on the Run as Administrator option.
After that, if the application starts working without giving out an error code, then you are good to go. However, if not, then, try the other solutions provided in this article.
Repair The Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
Most of the applications which are designed for Windows OS, still rely on Microsoft’s Visual C++ redistributable. Hence, if any issue occurs in the Visual C++ files then it can affect the workability of all the applications present on your system and gives out error codes like the 0xc0000022. Now, in order to fix Visual C++ redistributable files related issue, you need to work on some of the major areas of the Windows OS and you can do that by following the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run Dialog box. Then, type “appwiz.cpl” on it and hit the Enter key or click the Ok button. This will open up the Programs and Features windows on the screen.
- There you need to locate the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package and then right click on the first option. Instantly a pop-up menu will come up on the screen. In that menu, you need to click on the Change option.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the screen. There you need to hit the Repair button and then hit Yes when the User Account Control window appears on the screen.
Once this repair process is successfully completed, repeat this process for the other Visual C++ redistributable files one by one. After all the files are repaired, reboot your system and then try to re-launch the problematic application to check the error code. If this error code still pursues your system then you should uninstall the old packages and download a new Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package from the official website of Microsoft. This action will remove all the problematic parts of the Visual C++ redistributable packages and eliminate the chances of this error code.
Enable The DirectPlay in Legacy Components
The DirectPlay is a deprecated API which was a part of the Microsoft’s DirectX API previously. This is an important network communication library which is mainly used for computer game development. However, this thing is was also used for some general application tasks. In some situations, you might encounter the error code 0xc0000022 while trying to launch old games or applications. This thing primarily happens because the problematic application or games trying to use a .dll file which was removed along with the DirectPlay. Even though the DirectPlay service is very old, they can still be enabled from the Windows Settings. To perform that enabling process, follow the given set of instructions.
- Launch the Run Dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R key. Then type appwiz.cpl on it and hit the OK button or Enter key
- The Programs and Features will instantly appear on the screen. There, you need to click on the Turn Windows features on or off option. You will find it on the left side of the page.
- In a few seconds, a pop-up window will come up on the screen. There you will find a list of Microsoft’s backend service. From that list, you need to find the Legacy Components option and check the box present beside it.
- Then you need to hit the plus (+) icon in order to expand that option. In that expanded section you will get the DirectPlay option. Check the box beside the DirectPlay option and then hit the OK button.
Now, the Windows OS will configure the required file to activate the DirectPlay service on the system. During this, don’t close the window until you get the “Windows completed the requested changes” confirmation message. After that message appears on the screen, reboot your system and run the problematic application to check whether the error code is eliminated or not.
Elimination Methods for System Restore Error 0xc0000022
Now, if you get the error code 0xc0000022 while trying to perform a System Restore, then follow the given instructions in order to eliminate this error.
Enter into the Administrative Mode
Usually, Windows OS doesn’t allow the System Restore process if the user is trying to perform it via a guest mode account. Now, it is quite possible the same thing is happening on your system also. Therefore, in order to nullify this possibility, you have to change your account to the Administrative mode and to do that, follow the given steps.
- First, right-click on that drive that hosts the OS and open up the Context menu.
- In that Context menu, you need to click on the Properties option.
- A new pop-up window will instantly come up on the screen. In that window, you need to tap on the Security tab to enter into it.
- There you need to click on the Advanced button. This action will open up a new section of options for you. In that new section, find and click on the Change option.
- Now, in the Change window, type your username in the box appear near the Enter the Object name option.
- After that, hit the OK button in order to save everything.
Once you have done that, reboot your system and check whether the error code is still appearing during the System Restore process.
Check The Status Of The Software Protection Service
Now, if the error code 0xc0000022 still pursue you even after acquiring administrative rights to the system, then you should verify the status of the Software protection service of the OS. Under any condition, if this service stops working, then users will get this error code while performing the System Restore process. Now, to verify this problematic possibility, follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + R key together in order to open up the Run Dialog box.
- In the Run Dialog box, type services.msc and hit the Enter key or OK button.
- The Service window will come up on the screen. There, you need to locate and double-click on the Software Protection option.
If the status of the service is set to Stop then reactivate it by clicking on the Restart option. However, if the server is working properly then try the other solutions given in this article.
Run the Disk Check Utility
Another thing that can block the System Restore process on your system and cause the 0xc0000022 error code is a bad hard disk. If any sector of the OS hosting hard disk is corrupted, then it might generate this error code during the System Restore process. Now, to fix this bad hard disk sector issue, you need to run a Disk check utility on your system and to do that follow the given steps.
- Open the WinX menu by pressing Windows key + X key.
- Then, on that menu, you need to find and click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option. A pop-up window will appear on the screen. There, you need to click on the Yes option to launch the Command Prompt window.
- Now, on the Command Prompt window, type “chkdsk” and hit Enter key. While typing this command line, leave a space and put in the drive letter of that disk which you want to scan.
After that, a scanning process will start on your system. Once the drive scanning process gets completed, reboot your system and check for the presence of the error code.
Remove the Anti Virus and Anti Malware Applications
Now, it is quite possible that the Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware applications you are using on your system are blocking the System Restore process and creating the error code 0xc0000022 on your system. Therefore, in order to resume the restoration process, you need to uninstall or disable all the Anti-Virus And Anti-Malware applications installed on your system. To do that, follow the given steps.
- Click on the Start icon and tap on the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel window will instantly open up on your screen. There, you need to click on the Program and Features option. This action will launch the Add or Remove Programs Utility.
- In that utility, you will get a list of all the applications which are installed on your system. From that list, you need to select all the Anti-Virus And Anti-Malware applications one by one and then tap on the Uninstall button.
This will start the Uninstallation wizard on your system. It will take some time, so be patient about it. After the uninstallation process is over, reboot your system and then try the System Restore process again to check for the error code.
However, if you are unbaled to remove this error code with the help of the above solutions, then there is a very big chance that your system is suffering from some serious hardware issues. In order to fix those issues in the most efficient way, you should consult a technical expert.
We hope our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the error code 0xc0000022. For more tech-related articles, keep following our upcoming posts.