In Windows 10, whenever the users try to reboot the device or install the latest version, they found numerous issues associated with it. Moreover, they get errors in their PC and their PC fails to perform any task. Further, it has been found that active programs start to crash automatically. As a result, the system starts to lag immediately and stops to respond after a certain time. Furthermore, you can come across the unexpected error message, error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 after several attempts of the booting program. However, we are going to discuss the effective methods to resolve this severe issue efficiently.
Significant Issues Behind the Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 10:
There are common but more critical factors responsible for creating the Windows File error effectively. Moreover, it affects the entire Windows System files that affect the device and hampers the working principles of the system. Here, we are going to inform you about those severe issues that help you understand the very fundamental stage of the error.
- System File corruption is one of the critical issues that creates the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10.
- Windows 10 error appears if the disk fails to recognize the external drive at the time of accessing the media files.
- If the BCD file is corrupted by any other system files or the external apps, then it shows the Windows error at the time of the rebooting process.
- Outdated Windows 10 sometimes fails to perform the booting process and then the PC stops to respond even after rebooting operation.
- Windows partition error is another responsible reason behind this annoying issue.
Know How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 with a Few Effective Ways:
Have a look at some of the technical ways to fix the Windows 10 effectively to fix the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10. Moreover, the methods will keep your device more healthy by avoiding all the critical technical issues permanently. So, you might try out the following steps to overcome any Windows flaws actively.
Method 1: Run System File Checker
To run the System File Checker, you can easily fix the system file issue. Moreover, it will help to tackle the 0xc0000225 error effectively.
- First, turn on the Windows 10 PC device and hit the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Now, type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt option.
- Next, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen. Now, verify the Admin account by entering the correct Administrator username and a correct passcode. After that, press the Verify button and complete the Admin verification process.
- After opening the Command Prompt, type “sfc/scannow” and press the Enter key to run the command successfully.
- The running process will take a few minutes to identify the corrupted system files and repair them accordingly.
- When done, try to reboot the device and run an application on the device to check whether the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 persists or not.
Method 2: Resolve the Disk Corruption Problem
To run this effective command, you can perform the disk check process and able to fix the disk corruption issue quickly. So, you can run the Disk Check command and avoid the Windows 10 hard disk failure like major problems.
- Type “command” in the Search box and locate the Command Prompt option from the Start menu.
- Now, run it in Administrator mode and verify the account with correct credentials.
- After opening the Command Prompt window, run the command “chkdsk c: /r” and press the Enter key to start the disk check operation. If you are using the disk partition method, then replace the drive C:\ with a specific disk drive.
- The disk checking process will take a couple of minutes, though the processing time is dependent on the number of files present in the drive. Moreover, it will repair the disk if any problem is found.
- Finally, reboot the PC and verify whether the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 appears when you try to access any file.
Method 3: Run Automatic Repair Process
This effective tool is useful to scan the system for resolving the internal issues and repair them respectively. So, you can run this built-in troubleshooter to avoid this critical error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10.
- Shut down the computer and insert the installation media such as the USB flash drive or a DVD drive.
- Now, press the appropriate function key in the case of a USB flash drive. If you are using the CD or DVD instead of the USB, then you can see the message, “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot the device.
- To install the installation media, select the language which you prefer and click the Repair the Computer and click the Next button.
- After that, tap the Troubleshoot from the several Restart options from the Advanced Repair window.
- Next, choose the Advanced options from the next window and click on Automatic Repair option under this section.
- Now, wait until the repair process is done. It will reboot automatically when the repair program is finished successfully.
- After restarting the PC in Safe Mode, check whether the system is working properly or not.
Method 4: Rebuild the BCD
By rebuilding the BCD files, you can fix this Windows error very effectively. So, try to recreate it and finally reboot the system in Normal mode.
- Reboot the system by using any of the installation media and choose the preferred language from the Windows Setup screen.
- Hit the Next button and go to the Install Now screen. Click on the bottom-left corner of the screen and click on the Repair your PC link.
- Now, click the Troubleshoot options from the Advanced Repair window. Again, open a Command Prompt window via Advanced Options.
- Run the following commands in the Command Prompt window. Press the Enter key from the keyboard after typing each of the commands.
“bootrec /scanos”,”bootrec /fixmbr”,”bootrec /fixboot”,”bootrec /rebuildbcd”.
- After running the commands successfully, try to reboot the device and check whether the booting problem got fixed or not.
Method 5: Set the Active Partition
- Re-install the Windows Installation media and boot the device successfully.
- After that, launch again Command Prompt window by using the Advanced Repair menu.
- After opening the Command Prompt window in Safe mode, and open the Disk Partition tool. Next,type “diskpart”, “list disk.” Now, press the Enter key after submitting each of the commands.
- Next, you can see various disk entries by running the above commands and check the hard drive value. It will indicate the size of the disk drive (By default the value is set as Disk 0).
- Next, run the command “Select disk X” where X indicates the number of the Hard Disk Drive. After that, run another command, “list partition” that allows you to check the internal drives related to that specific disk partition.
- Then, type the command “Select partition X, “active” respectively (X= number of the partition) and wait until the disk partitions become activated properly.
- When done, close the Command Prompt window and reboot the system in Normal mode. Finally, verify whether the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 still appears on the device display or not.
Method 6: Run the Troubleshooter and Perform Windows Update Program
To perform the Windows Update program by troubleshooting the internal system files issue, you can easily resolve the Windows error effectively.
- Click on the Start button and choose the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Now, tap on the Update & Security from the Windows Settings window. Select the Troubleshoot option from the left panel of the same window.
- Next, go to the Windows Update section from the right-section of the Troubleshooting window.
- Then, hit the “Run the Troubleshooter” button and let the device to troubleshoot the internal issues. The process will take a couple of minutes to complete and install the Windows 10 PC with the latest version.
- Finally, restart the PC and verify whether the Windows error got fixed or not.
Method 7: Restore System and Reset the PC
It is one of the common methods to get rid of any Windows error quickly. So, you can run the System Restore and reboot the PC in Safe mode help you to fix this annoying issue very quickly.
- Press the Windows key and select the Settings(gear icon)from the Start menu.
- From the Settings menu, move to the Update & Security program from the several options shown on the screen.
- Now, click the Recovery option from the left side of the Settings window and click on the Get Started button from Reset the PC section.
- It will start to reboot the PC and perform the factory settings to fix the Windows error effectively.
- Choose the Advanced Options from the Restart the PC window by using the above Advanced Repair method.
- Now, click on the System Restore from the left side of the window. Select the “Choose a Restore Point” option and insert the installation disk into the PC.
- After that, you must allow getting back your device to its previous state without affecting the system files as well as the confidential documents.
- After finishing the restore program, try to reboot the Windows PC and check whether the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 got fixed or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the methods to fix the error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 effectively. Moreover, we have tried to define the significant errors behind this annoying issue. Besides this, the possible symptoms are described here with proper justifications that help you to identify the core factors of the problem from the primary stage of the Windows error. So, we hope this content will be helpful to tackle any Windows error without any technical hassle.