Error code 0xc004f074 Windows 10 occurs after upgrading your Windows version to Windows 10. This error code can arise due to several reasons. In some cases, corrupted Windows files can be the main culprit behind this issue. Furthermore, blocked Windows activation might generate this error code. If you are struggling with this error, then this guide is for you. Here, we have mentioned some simple and reliable tricks to get rid of this issue in no time. Just go through the guidelines as given below to fix the error completely.
Common Causes for Error Code 0xc004f074 Windows 10
Users might encounter this error notification that pops up with a message:
“Windows is unable to reach your company’s activation service. Please connect to your corporate network. If you are connected and continue to see the error, contact your system administrator. You can also click on the error detail to find the exact error. Error code: 0xC004F074.”
Take a glimpse look at the following reasons for this frustrating problem in the system:
- Damaged system file
- Overloaded and blocked Windows 10 activation
- Inactivated Windows key
How to Fix Error Code 0xc004f074 in Windows 10
We have prepared a list of effective methods to resolve the error code 0xc004f074 in Windows 10, quickly and smoothly. You can go through one of these methods or if required all of them to get rid of this glitch.
Way 1: Apply ‘slmgr.vbs’ Key to Speed Up Update Process
Most of the users encounter the error code at the time of upgrading the OS. Sometimes, overloaded and blocked Windows 10 activation might cause this error. For fixing that, you can follow the complete instructions given below.
- First of all, click right on the Start menu button.
- Then, select ‘Command Prompt’.
- When the Windows Command Prompt with administrator privileges appears, type ‘slmgr.vbs-rearm’ there.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Wait for a while and restart the system.
Way 2: Use the Slui 3 Command
The next objective is to apply the Slui 3 command to fix the error. So, go through the below guidelines one by one and apply them as instructed.
- First of all, click on Windows key + R.
- Then, type slui 4 in the Run dialogue box and hit Enter.
- After that, press the Win key + S to open Settings.
- Now, select the Update & security option and click on Activation.
- If your PC is not activated, you will receive an option Activate by phone.
- Next, start the Product Activation Wizard.
- Click on the charms menu and choose Settings.
- Now, open Change PC Settings and click on Activate Windows.
- Then, click on one of the options such as Activate, Activate by phone or Contact customer support for help.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen directions and activate Windows on your device.
Way 3: Restart your PC
This is one of the easiest methods to resolve such an issue. To perform that, follow the directions given below:
- Firstly, press the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys together on the keyboard.
- Now, press the Power button.
- Choose ‘Restart’.
- Now, press and hold the Power key until it turns off.
- Finally, check if the issue persists or not. If yes, go through the below procedure.
Way 4: Run the System File Checker
You can mitigate this matter by running a System file checker scan to check for, and then you can also repair the corrupted files along with the integrity violations. To run the SFC scan in Windows 10, you have to follow the instructions stated below:
- At first, right click on the Start Menu and go to the Command Prompt section.
- In the Command Prompt section, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- After that, the SFC scan will scan your whole device. Don’t cancel the scan process until it finishes completely. After scanning, it will show the corrupt files of your Device.
- After scanning, if you find any corrupt files in your device, type this:
- “findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt.”
Now, press the ENTER key.
- You can find the details of the SFC scan on the sfcdetails.txt file which will appear on the screen.
- After about half an hour, when the SFC scan completes, if the scan reports that Windows Resource Protection fixed something, then you need to reboot your computer device and check if you still face the error 0xc004f074 or not.
Way 5: Run the Update and Activation Troubleshooters
Running the Windows troubleshooter can automatically fix the error codes that are related to Windows update. So, you can try this method to fix this Windows error code 0x80070652. To perform this, just follow the easy steps cited below.
For Windows 10 user:
- First of all, go to the Search box and type Windows Update.
- After that, select the Windows Update settings.
- Next, you can find the Troubleshoot option on the left of the screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Select ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- After clicking this, this option will help to run the troubleshooter automatically.
- Then, follow the instructions which will appear on the screen to complete this process.
- Choose the Windows Update again to check if the error is resolved or not.
For Windows 8 user:
- Open the search box and type ‘Network problems’.
- Then, look for the ‘Identify and repair network problems’ option from the given list.
- Now, follow the steps on the wizard to diagnose and repair the network problems.
- Try to perform the Windows Update again.
For Windows 7 user:
- Firstly, go to the notification area.
- Now, click on the Network icon.
- Then, select the ‘Troubleshoot problems’ option.
- Lastly, follow the steps one by one which will show on the wizard to diagnose the network problem.’
Way 6: Update the Date and Time Settings
Another way to fix the error 0xc004f074 is to update the time settings in an accurate way. So, proceed through the below steps carefully:
- First of all, click the Start key and choose the Control Panel section from the left pane.
- Next, choose the Clock, Language and Region option and then choose Set the Time and Date.
- Now, select the Internet Time and Change Settings option.
- After that, choose Update Now and then click on the OK button.
- Finally, tap on Apply and then press OK.
- Then, check the issue once if it is solved. If not, then try to apply the following instructions.
Way 7: Disable the Windows Firewall
The last resort is to turn off the Windows firewall. Therefore, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- First of all, click and hold Windows key and X at the same time. Then, select Control panel on Windows 10, 8 and 8.1. For Windows 7, go to the Start menu and choose control panel.
- Then, tap on the ‘System and security’ and ‘Windows Firewall’ too.
- Next, tap on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- After that, choose the option ‘Disable Windows Firewall’ from Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings both.
- And then, select OK.
Wrapping it Up
Hope you like this content. So far, we have mentioned the reasons which generate this error code 0xc004f074 on Windows 10 and how we can get rid of this problem. The fixes mentioned here will surely help you to get out of the error. But still, if you have any doubt in your mind or need further clarification, you can simply post your comments below.