Error code 8024200d can be a result of misconfigured system files in your Windows Operating System. Moreover, it can also arise due to an issue with software distribution or conflict with the antivirus program. Generally, Windows users encounter this error when they try to install some Windows updates KB2925418, KB2929961, KB2930275, KB2929733. Moreover, when this error occurs in your system, it usually comes along with an error message, which says “Some updates were not installed. Error (s) found: Code 8024200D. Windows Update encountered an unknown error” or “Some updates were not installed. Code 8024200D. Windows Update encountered an unknown error.”
If you are also facing this annoying error in your Windows PC, then follow this article to the end to get top-notch solutions. This article will provide you with overall information on how to overcome this error with excellent hacks.
Know More About Error Code 8024200d and Its Causes:
The error code 8024200d is a common error code that is encountered by Windows and other Windows compatible software and driver vendors to identify the error caused. This error is generally caused due to Windows system file damage. Also, the corrupted system file entries can be a threat to your Windows PC. Apart from this, there are also several other reasons which might lead your Windows PC to this error. Some of them are discussed below:
- Incomplete installation or uninstallation of application in Windows
- Improper deletion of any application or hardware
- If your computer is affected by virus or spyware attack
- Improper shutdown of the computer.
All these activities ultimately lead to corruption or deletion of entries in Windows system files, thus displays this error code. So, now go through the next section where we have described all possible solutions to eliminate this particular error from your PC.
Best Methods to Solve Windows Update Error 8024200d:
In this section of the article, you will get to know all the methods that you can apply in the proper order to fix this error of Windows PC. Therefore, without wasting any time, go through the useful methods and overcome error 8024200d as soon as possible.
Method 1: By Reinstalling the Windows Update
If the error occurs due to failed download or installation of Windows update, then you can try out this procedure to eliminate the error. Just go through the steps as described below:
- First of all, go to the Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the Search box and click on the Enter button.
- Next, click on “Services” tab and check the box named Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, click on Deactivate All option and further, click on the Start button.
- After that, open Task Manager. Now, go to the Start tab of the Task Manager and select each item. Click on Deactivate option. In this way, you need to deactivate all third-party services that are causing the conflict.
- Thereafter, you need to find the latest version of Windows from the official website of Windows. Once you find them, install it on your PC.
- Now, restart your computer and try to install the updates from Windows update once again.
Method 2: Try to Execute the Following Commands
If the above procedure fails to resolve Windows update code 8024200d, then you can try out this method and execute the commands listed below. So just have a glance at the steps.
- At first, click on the Start button and type cmd in it
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt option and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In the Command Prompt window, you need to copy and paste the commands listed below in the same manner. Make sure that you should do it all at once.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.coopoint.old
ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ catroot2 catroot2.coopoint.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- You have to wait until the process gets completed. Now, close the Command Prompt window and check if the error gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Attempt a Clean Start
When you try to attempt a clean boot, Windows will check whether a third-party application is causing the error or not. Because a clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts. So, go through the below steps in order to eliminate this error code 8024200d completely.
- Press Windows + R button simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Search box.
- Then, type “msconfig” in the search box and click on the option.
- Next, go to the Services tab of the System Settings dialog box. Select the checkbox “Hide all Microsoft services.” Then, click on Disable All option.
- Thereafter, go to the Home tab of the System settings dialog box. Click on the Task Manager option to open it.
- Now, go to the Home tab of the Task Manager, select each Start item and click on Deactivate option.
- Further, close the Task Manager.
- From the Home tab of the System Settings dialog box, click on the OK option. Finally, restart your computer to check if the error still persists on your PC or not. If it still remains, then moves on to the next solution.
Method 4: Disable the Antivirus
If you find that all the previous solutions fail to eliminate this particular error from your Windows PC, then now you can try to disable the Antivirus software. This method will work effectively if the error is caused due to the conflict between your Antivirus and your Windows updates. Thus, you can try to do this by disabling your antivirus for a temporary period of time.
Hopefully, by going through the above procedures, you can easily fix error 8024200d in no time. But still, if you find that the error is persisting on your Windows device, then it’s better to opt for a professional’s assistance in order to get rid of this situation without any hassle.