The “faulty hardware corrupted page” is a ‘Blue Screen of Death’ error. This issue, when it comes up, renders the computer unusable. Basically, this error comes up most of the time after you upgrade to the latest Microsoft system software i.e Windows 10. Even, sometimes after the installation of the current updates, you can find this problem. You can get this issue due to multiple types of reasons. Some of those causes are if the display driver is not up to date, then you can get this error. Also, if the memory module is malfunctioning, then this issue can show up also. Further, due to some corrupt system files within the OS, this issue can pop up. Moreover, if the ‘Intel Management Engine Interface’ driver is out of date, then due to that, you can even encounter this glitch. In Order to eliminate this problem, go read this article fully.
Methods to Rectify the Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page Error
In this section of the article, you will get various steps that help to eradicate this problem in an easy and simple way:
Updating Procedure of the Display Driver
If you have encountered the error “faulty hardware corrupted page” right after Windows 10 upgrade, then it can be due to the obsolete or corrupt display driver. The best solution to eliminate this issue is to perform a simple update. The update process is quite easy, therefore you can do it without any supervision. In order to do that, follow the steps below:
- First, tap on the ‘Cortana’ logo, to open the search area. Then, within that area, type the text “device manager”.
- After that, from the output list of the search, locate and then choose the option ‘Device Manager’. This will launch a new window that has the same name as the option you chose on the last line.
- Within this window, you will get various types of device categories and their corresponding drivers on a list installed on the computer.
- From that list, find and select the device category ‘Display adapters’. Next, in order to reveal the driver on the sublist, double-click on the chosen device category.
- Now, select the driver form the sublist and right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu which comes up, choose the option ‘Update Driver Software…’.
- As soon as you click on that option, then a new window shows up, where there are two links. Among those two links, choose the first one which is ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- At this moment, once you click that option, then immediately the Windows Operating System will start to search for any updates available for the device driver.
- If the OS gets hold of any updates, then those will be downloaded and installed automatically. Give some time for the entire update process to complete.
- Once the update procedure gets over, then reboot the computer and check whether this issue is still present or not.
Procedure to Update the IMEI
The ‘IMEI’ or ‘Intel Management Engine Interface’ is a driver that gives remote control access to the machine even when it is off or does not have an OS present. This driver basically helps you to configure the system and also allow to install OS from somewhere else. If this IMEI is obsolete, then you might encounter the given error. Therefore, the solution to eradicate this problem is to update the IMEI driver. To do it in a correct way, follow the lines underneath.
- First, open a web browser that you prefer, then on the URL bar type the address of the official Intel website and visit it.
- On this website, go to the top right corner and then select the ‘magnifying glass’ icon, to open the search panel on the right. Next, on that panel, enter the following text “intel management engine interface” and press ‘Enter’ key to initiate the search process.
- Once the search result is out in a list, then look for the option Intel Management Engine Interface driver and click it.
- After that, on the new page that comes up, navigate to the left side and then press on the blue button to download the driver.
- Once the download gets over then, locate the zip folder and unpack it to reveal the setup file of the driver.
- Next, double-click on it to open the installer wizard and then follow the instructions to install the driver.
- When the installation is complete, then reboot the computer and see if this error comes up or not.
Examine the RAM Manually and Via Memory Diagnostic Tool
Since “faulty hardware corrupted page” is a ‘Blue Screen of Death’ issue, therefore it can occur due to a problematic RAM also. So, it is beneficial to inspect the RAM both manually and via software. In order to check the RAM manually, first, remove the memory module from its slot. Then look at the connector teeth and the slot itself for any dust particles. If there are dust or some foreign particles on both the slot and teeth, then blow them off. Do not touch the connector teeth of the RAM. After the cleaning process to remove dust from the memory module is complete, then insert it into the slot carefully. Make sure that the RAM is snapped perfectly into the slot, otherwise, it can get damaged.
If this error still pops up even after manual testing is over, then take the help from the software tool known as ‘Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool’. This is a tool which is built-in Windows OS to check the RAM for any kind of hardware faults. In order to run this software, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, press and hold a combination of both ‘Windows + R’ together, to launch a dialog box called ‘Run’.
- Within that dialog box, type the text “mdsched” on the blank space, just beside the label ‘Open:’ and then, tap the ‘OK’ button.
- This will open a new window, that has a name ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic’. On this window, you will get two options. Out of the two options, select the first one that says ‘Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
- At this moment the Windows Operating System will initiate the reboot procedure instantly.
- Now, during the next boot up process, the OS will start the memory check process. This process can take several minutes to complete, so wait until it gets over. Never attempt to interrupt it as this action can ruin the RAM.
- Once the memory diagnostic process is complete, then the computer will restart automatically.
- At last, if the computer starts up without the BSOD screen then, that means this error has been diagnosed correctly, otherwise go to the next point.
Run the SFC Tool
You can get the “stop code faulty hardware corrupted page” issue if any system file is missing or either gets corrupt somehow. The easiest solution to getting rid of this issue is to use the SFC tool. The ‘System File Checker’ or ‘SFC’ is the built-in application that scans for corrupt system files and rectifies them accordingly within the Windows OS. Here are the steps on how can you run the SFC tool easily:
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo present in the lower left edge of the taskbar. This will open the ‘Options Menu’.
- From that menu, locate and then tap on the option ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
- As soon as you click that option, then a new window with the black background and white text will come up, which is called ‘Command Prompt’.
- Within this window, type the following command “sfc /scannow” and then press the ‘Enter’ key to execute. This command during its execution will scan the OS for any missing or corrupt system files. Now, if some of such files are found out, then those will automatically be repaired by the SFC tool.
- This process can take some time to complete, so wait calmly.
- Once the execution is over, then press ‘Alt + F4’ keys to close the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Lastly, restart the PC and see whether this problem is still there or not.
Procedure to Deactivate the Fast Startup Feature
Sometimes, due to an internal glitch within the ‘Fast Startup’ feature, you can get this error. The solution to eliminating this problem is to disable the ‘Fast Startup’ feature. This feature actually helps the computer to boot up faster when you start the machine once again afterward. But, in order to make the boot process faster, this feature allows the computer to store some critical system files into the hard drive during the shutdown procedure. Follow the below-mentioned steps to switch off this feature:
- First, tap on both the ‘Windows + X’ keys together, to launch the ‘Options Menu’. Then from that menu, choose the option ‘Run’. This will open a new dialog box with the same name as the option chosen on the last line.
- In that dialog box, input the text “control panel” in the empty area on the right side of the ‘Open:’ label. After that, click on the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will launch a new window, that has a name ‘Control Panel’. Inside this window, there are various settings for the computer which you can adjust at your will.
- From that options list, locate and choose the option ‘System and Security’. Then, a new page will come up, where select the ‘Power Options’ from the lists of suboptions.
- Next, another new page will show up, in it, navigate to the left panel and then, select the link ‘Choose what closing the power button does’’.
- Now, you will be directed to a different page, here, tap on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’. Next, on that page move to the section ‘Shutdown settings’.
- Under that section, click on the category ‘Turn on fast startup (recommended)’ to uncheck it.
- After that, tap on the button ‘Save changes’ to apply any alterations.
- Finally, restart the machine and check if this error still shows up or not.
Fully Reset the Windows 10 Operating System
When no points given above can solve this glitch, then as a last option what you may do is to perform a complete reset of the Windows 10 OS. To achieve it, follow these sentences that are present underneath:
- First, press the two following keys ‘Windows + I’ simultaneously. This will launch a new window called ‘Windows Settings’.
- In this window, there are various types of settings options for the Windows 10 Operating System which can be you can tweak accordingly.
- Next, from that window, find and then select the option ‘Update & Security’. After that, a new page will come up, where, navigate to the left panel and choose the option ‘Recovery’.
- Then, within that page go to the right pane that has a similar name as the option chosen on the previous step. There, under the subheading ‘Reset this PC’, press the button ‘Get started’.
- At this moment, immediately a screen with a blue background will open up with the heading ‘Choose an option’. From that screen select the option ‘Remove everything’.
- On the next screen that appears with a heading ‘Do you want to clean the drives, too?’, go ahead and choose the option ‘Remove files and clean the drive’. You should backup all the files before as this process erases everything and is irreversible.
- Now, you will get a ‘Warning!’ screen, so read it carefully. After that, if you are determined to reset the PC, then hit the ‘Next’ button.
- When the final screen comes up ‘Ready to reset this PC’, then go to the bottom left corner and choose the button ‘Reset’. As soon as you click on that button, then instantly the reset procedure will begin.
- During the reset process, the computer will reboot itself several times.
- Finally, when the reset procedure is over then a blue screen will come up, where select the option ‘Continue’ to get to the Windows 10 desktop.
All the points in the above section can aid in resolving the error “faulty hardware corrupted page” quite effectively and efficiently. But, even after following every single step in the previous section, if this problem cannot be eradicated. Then do not worry. Just, give some details of the issue that you have faced in the comments section at the end of this article.