If you have ever downloaded any update or installed the Final Fantasy 14 then there are chances that you have seen the “Unable to download patch files” error message on your system. On encountering this error, you won’t be able to download the patch files of a game.
No matter what you do, the issue persists and does not resolve. However, to get rid of it, take a quick look into some of the reasons and solutions for a condition where ffxiv unable to download patch files.
Why is the System Unable to Download Patch Files of FFXIV?
Now, before moving any further into the solutions, let us take a deep look into some of the causes that might be responsible for such an issue.
- Incorrect DNS Server setting
- Firewall or any Antimalware software
- Porting or routing issues
- VPN server error
- Malware attack or security options
What To Do if You are Unable To Download Patch Files for FFXIV PS4?
Luckily, there are various ways to get rid of this scenario. Hence, try some of the solutions mentioned below and we assure you one of them will surely help you get rid of this error successfully.
Solution 1: Change the DNS Server
Many users claim that it has been one of the most effective solutions among all and thus try implementing it and check if the problem resolves for you or not. Basically, it involves changing the DNS server.
- Press both Windows and R keys to invoke the Run box. Within that, type “ncpa.cpl” and then press the Enter button.
- Right-click on the Network Connection you use and then click on Properties from the drop-down that appears.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 from the “This connection uses the following items” list.
- Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses” and then enter 188.8.131.52 within the Preferred DNS server section.
- Go to Alternate DNS Server and type 184.108.40.206 within it.
- Mark the “Validate settings upon exit box” and then click the Ok button. Select Ok and press the Windows button.
- Within the search bar, type cmd.
- Choose ‘command prompt’ from the list and right-click on it. Click on Run as administrator from the drop-down that appears.
- Type the following commands and press Enter after typing each
- Once done, close the command prompt.
If the problem persists even after following the steps provided above then we recommend you implement the steps given below.
- Press both Windows and R keys together to invoke the Run window.
- Within it, type “ncpa.pl” and then hit the Enter button.
- Look for “Network Connection” and right-click on it. From the drop-down, click on Properties.
- Click on “Internet Protocol Version 4” situated at the “This connection uses the following items” section.
- Again, click on “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Now, in your preferred DNS server, type 220.127.116.11.
- Type 18.104.22.168 as the Alternate DNS server.
- Mark the “Validate Settings upon exit” box and then click on Ok. Click on Ok again.
- Press the Windows key to go to the search bar and then type cmd within it.
- Click on Command Prompt from the search result and then right-click on it. Select “Run it as an Administrator” from the list.
- Type the following commands and hit the Enter button after each step
- Close the Command Prompt.
Solution 2: Turn Off the Firewall
As mentioned earlier, this problem can also occur due to the Firewall and hence try turning it off and check if the problem resolves or not. Here are the steps by which you can perform this fix.
- Press both Windows and R keys together to invoke the Run box.
- Type “firewall.cpl” within it and press the Enter button.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall On or Off to do the same. Now, click the Ok button.
Solution 3: Remove FFXIV Folder
You can also try deleting the FFXIV game folder and check if the problem resolves or not.
- First, press both Windows and E keys together to open the File Explorer.
- Now, click on Documents. Go to My Games> Final Fantasy XIV- A Realm Reborn>Downloads>Patch.
- Look for the “4e9a232b folder” and then right-click on it. Click on Delete and follow the on-screen prompts that appear.
- Once the folder gets deleted, check if you can download the patch files now or not.
Solution 3: Make Use of VPN
Apart from the solutions mentioned above, you can also try making use of a VPN and solve this issue. Here are the steps following which you should able to use it.
- Download and Install a VPN for your system and then open it by going to Programs and then Applications.
- If the icon for your VPN is present on the desktop then just use it straightway from there.
- If you do not have an icon already, you can go to Start. Then go to Programs and select the VPN application for your system.
- Once the VPN service starts, try downloading the patch files for FFXIV and check if the issue resolves.
Solution 4: Update Your Windows Operating System
If the problem persists even after following the solutions mentioned above then maybe it’s time to update your Windows OS by following the steps cited below.
- Go to Start and then click on Settings.
- From there, click on Update and Security> Windows Update.
- See if there are any updates available by clicking on Check for updates. If any update is available, Windows will download and install it for you automatically.
- Check if the problem resolves.
Additionally, there is another simple technique that’s pretty useful for all Windows users. This involves just uninstalling FFXIV and reinstalling it on your system. Implementing this fix, you may resolve the issue as the problem can occur due to certain missing game files on your system.
So, these were some of the solutions, following which you should be able to resolve FFXIV unable to download patch files 30413 without any difficulty.