Firefox is one of the best Internet browsers over the globe. However, there might be many issues that can arise while using the Firefox browser. One such error is the Firefox Black Screen error. It is a bug that has arisen in the latest Firefox update. The Black Screen occurs due to the new feature Off Main Thread Composting (OMTC). OMTC feature allows the smooth video and animation performance. In this article, we are going to discuss how to fix the Black Screen bug on Firefox.
How To Fix Firefox Secure Connection Failed
Here are some of the effective methods to fix the Firefox blacks out. Go through this article to know about them.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Firstly, open the Firefox and type “about: preferences” in the address bar. Then, press the Enter key.
- Now, scroll down to the performance and then uncheck the “use recommended performance settings.”
- Under the performance, you have to uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Lastly, close the Firefox and reboot the computer.
Start The Firefox In Safe Mode
You can also start the Firefox in safe mode to fix the error. Just follow the steps given below.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox and click on the three dotted line located at the top right corner of the window.
- In the next step, click on the Help and thereafter click on “Restart with Add-ons Disabled.”
- Now, click on Restart on the pop-up.
- When the Firefox restarts, you can either Refresh Firefox or start Firefox in Safe Mode.
- Click on Start in Safe Mode to fix the Firefox Black Screen issue.
We hope that this will fix the Firefox blackout issue.
Try Updating The Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox and click on the three dotted line on the top right.
- Now, click on the Help and select About Firefox.
- Firefox will automatically check for the updates and download them. ‘
- Lastly, restart the PC to save changes.
- Temporarily Disable The Antivirus And Firewall
- You can temporarily disable the Antivirus and Firewall and check for the Black Screen.
Sometimes the Antivirus can block the incoming server programs and as a result, Firefox screen turns black. Follow the instructions given below.
- Right-click on the Antivirus program and click on disable option.
- Now, set a time until the Antivirus will remain disabled.
- In the time being, check if the Firefox displays the error or it is solved.
- If the error persists, you should also disable the Windows Firewall to check the error.
- Open the Control Panel and then select System and Security.
- After that, click on Windows Firewall. In the left side of the window click on the option “Turn Windows Firewall on or off.”
- Here, turn off the Firewall and restart the computer.
Open the Firefox to see if the Firefox Black Screen Windows 10 error has been resolved.
Disable The Firefox Extensions
You can also disable the Firefox extensions and Add-ons to fix the Black Screen error.
- First of all, open the Mozilla Firefox and type “about: addons” in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Next, disable all the extensions by clicking on the Disable option that appears next to each of the extensions.
- Start the Firefox again to see if the Black Screen occurs due to problems on an extension.
- Remove the extension and restart the computer.
We hope that these solutions have helped you to fix the Firefox Black Screen problem.