You will get the “Nvidia GeForce Experience something went wrong” error when the device is unable to open the Geforce application properly. Mostly you will experience this error in the GeForce Experience 3.0 version.
You can encounter this problem when the NVIDIA application is corrupted. Besides, if the services of the NVIDIA fail to start then also this error gets triggered. Further, owing to the default computer configuration, you can come across this error.
Whatever be the reason behind this error you can easily fix it. Here, we are mentioning the effective solutions to get rid of the GeForce Experience error.
Methods to Resolve “Something Went Wrong to Try Restarting GeForce Experience” Error
In this section, we are mentioning the possible ways-outs to fix the issue in GeForce Experience. You just need to implement the mentioned methods as instructed below.
Method 1: Change the Compatibility of the GeForce Experience Application
You can get the error if the installed GeForce Experience application is not compatible with the device. In that case, you need to change the compatibility of the Geforce application.
To do that, you need to change the settings of the GeForce application, by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Geforce application and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Properties” option.
- When the Properties window will appear on the screen, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Now, check if the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and the “Run this program as an administrator” options are checked.
If these options are not checked, you need to check the respective boxes. Now, after checking the boxes, try to open the application otherwise you can move to the next solution.
Method 2: Reinstall the Visual C++ Packages
In most of the cases, you will get an issue while opening the Geforce application, if some files are missing. In that case, you need to replace those missing files by downloading the Visual C++ redistributable package and then installing it in the device.
To download the Visual C++ packages, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser and go to the official Microsoft download page.
- From there, choose the preferred language and then tap on the “Download” button.
- Choose the “VC-redistx64.exe” file next and then tap on the “Next” button.
Wait for a while until the downloading process gets over. After downloading, run the .exe file to install it in the device.
When the installation process is over, restart the device and check if you can open the Geforce Experience application properly. If not, then you need to move to the next procedure.
Method 3: Change the settings of “NVIDIA Display Container
NVIDIA display container is a service that consists of the key features of the application. The key features are essential to run the application run properly.
If these services fail to run properly, in that case, you can get this error and as a result, you won’t be able to open the Geforce Experience application.
To change the settings, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the Windows and the R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “services”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- The Service window will open next. In that window, search for the “NVIDIA Display Container LS” and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on the “Properties” option next.
- Now, move to the “Startup Type”, then choose the “Automatic” option and tap on the “Apply” button to save the recent changes.
- Exit from the Service window and right-click on the Service section. Tap on the “Start” button to start the service.
- Hold the Windows and the R key together to open the Run dialog box. In the Run dialog box, write “msconfig” and hit the Enter button.
- Now, go to the Services tab and search for the “Hide all Microsoft services” option. Make sure this option is checked and wait until all the services stop.
- Now, search for the “Nvidia related services” and make sure all the services are checked. Tap on the “Apply” button and exit from this tab.
Now, restart the device and try to open the Geforce Experience application. You can easily open the application without any hassle.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Geforce Application
If you have downloaded a corrupted version of GeForce, then you won’t be able to open the application. In that case, you need to uninstall the corrupted version of Geforce from the device and get the latest version of GeForce Experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to uninstall GeForce Experience?
Uninstalling GeForce Experience contains only a few steps. To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the Widows and the R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “appwiz.cpl”, hit the “Enter” button next.
- The “Programs and Features” window will open next on the screen.
- In that window, you will see a list of options. Search for the “GeForce Experience” application.
- Right-click on it and choose the “Uninstall” option from the drop-down menu.
By just implementing the above steps, you will be able to uninstall the Geforce Expecomec app. Now, you need to install it again on the device.
2. How to install the GeForce Experience Application?
After uninstalling the application from the device, you need to reinstall it again. To install the GeForce Experience application, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser and go to the address bar.
- In the address bar, go to the official website of GeForce Experience.
- Tap on the “Download” button next.
After downloading the file, you need to know how to install the file in the device. After installing the file, run it on the device.
Now, after installing the latest version of the GeForce Experience application, open the application. You can also try to update the graphics driver. Often, a corrupted driver can interrupt the functioning of the GeForce Experience application.
Besides, not updating the Windows OS for a long time can interfere with the GeForce application. In that case, you need to check for the Windows update and fix all the glitches associated with the GeForce Experience application.