Google Chrome is a web browser that is developed by Google Inc. This browser is compatible with both computers and other gadgets. In the year 2008, this application was released for the first time only for the Microsoft Windows. Later, this was also launched for the various Operating Systems like Mac OS, Linux, Android etc. As this web browser has one of the easiest user interfaces and unique features so this has become quite popular worldwide. Although, the Google Chrome has so many unique features and the easy user interface even then you can encounter certain critical bugs and glitches. One such error that you may get is the Google Chrome crashing Windows 10. In the upcoming section, you will know the causes of this issue.
Different Reasons Behind This Error
In this section, you will get the various causes behind the occurance of this problem.
- You can get this error if many tabs are open on the Google Chrome browser.
- Sometimes because of some corrupt extensions or plugins, you can even encounter this issue.
- If the driver of the hardware installed in your machine is obsolete then there is a possibility for you to face Google Chrome crashing Windows 10 problem.
- Even if there is an incompatible program in your system then that could be the cause of this glitch.
- Due to an attack of any malicious program, the Google Chrome browser can crash as well.
In the following section, you will get the answers to solve this error.
Solutions To Solve Google Chrome Crashing Windows 10 Error
This section of the article will help you to rectify this error with the possible steps, that are given below.
Exit All Other Tabs That Are Open
When you open multiple tabs together within a single window of Google Chrome web browser, there is a chance that the browser can slow down or even crash. This may happen because the cache memory of the browser can run out of storage or the memory also run out of space. The only solution to resolve this issue is to close all the different tabs on your Chrome browser.
- At first, tap to the red ‘X’ button on the extreme right corner of the window to close it.
buy intagra online https://ravkoohealth.com/wp-content/themes/ravkoo-health-theme/inc/new/intagra.html no prescription
When you do this, it may take some time to close.
- Next, relaunch the Google Chrome browser and then open some of those tabs and see if it works or not.
Create Another Profile
To fix this problem, create a new profile on your Google Chrome browser. In order to do this correctly follow the steps below.
- At first, open the Google Chrome browser, then choose the ‘three vertical dots’ which is present just beside the user icon. Next, from the list of options choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Within the ‘Settings’ page go to the section ‘People’. After that, tap on the option ‘Manage other people’.
- Next, from the new window, go at the bottom of this window and then tap on the link ‘ADD PERSON’.
- After that, in that window only add the name of a person under the label ‘Add person’. Then under the text area, you can select the icon of the person and hit the button ‘ADD’
- When the new profile has been created, then restart Chrome and use it with the newly created user profile.
Deactivate Addons Of Chrome Browser
Sometimes when an extension or more than one add-ons gets corrupted somehow then you can get the Google Chrome crashing Windows 10 issue. Even if you update your extension and after that update, the plugin is incompatible with your browser then also you can get this issue. To disable all the extensions within the Chrome browser follow the steps below.
- First, launch Google Chrome browser, then in the address bar type the following command which is – ‘chrome://extensions’ and then tap ‘Enter’ key to open the extensions page.
- Now, in the new page, you will be greeted with all the extensions that are installed on your browser.
- Just go to a specific addon and move the slider to off position to disable that extension.
- Finally, relaunch the Google Chrome browser and check if it is crashing or not.
Inspect Any Conflicting Programs
- First, launch the Google Chrome browser. Then type the following command ‘chrome://conflicts’ within the address bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- After that, tap on the ‘three vertical dots’ which will display the list of options. Then from the list choose ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, within the ‘Settings’ page scroll down to bottom and tap on ‘Advanced’.
- After that, locate the heading ‘Reset and clean up’ and then under it choose the option ‘Update or remove incompatible applications’
- Now, look at the name of that application from the list that is incompatible and tap on the button ‘Remove’.
- At last, restart the browser and see if you are getting Google Chrome crashing Windows 10 error or not.
Update All The Drivers
If the drivers of some hardware are obsolete or corrupt somehow then you might even get this error. So the solution to resolve this issue is to update all the drivers of your machine to its latest version.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu. Then, from the options list choose ‘Device Manager’. This will open the ‘Device Manager’ window.
buy vigora online https://ravkoohealth.com/wp-content/themes/ravkoo-health-theme/inc/new/vigora.html no prescription
- Inside that window, there is a list of different hardware drivers. From that list choose and expand the first hardware category and then select the driver of that specific driver.
- Now, right-click on that driver and from the pop-up options list, choose the ‘Update driver’ option. This will take a little bit of time. When the update of that hardware is over, restart your computer.
- Repeat the previous step to update each of the drivers.
Execute Built-in system File Checker Tool
System File Checker is a built-in tool for the Windows OS that is used to examine any corrupt system files and if possible repair them.
- First, hit the ‘Start’ menu, then in the search area type Command Prompt. Now, from the search result, choose the first option ‘Command Prompt’ and launch it.
- Within the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type in the following command ‘sfc /scannow’ and then hit ‘Enter’ to execute it.
- After that, this tool will scan the Operating System for any system files and look for the corrupt or missing ones. If the tool fails to find some system files that requires repair, it will automatically solve it.
- When the repairs are over, exit from the ‘Command Prompt’. Then, launch the Google Chrome browser and see if that error is still there or not.
Wrap Up Note
To fix the Google Chrome crashing Windows 10 error very smoothly, the only thing you will have to do is to follow the steps in the above section carefully. Now, if you are unable to do so, then post your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you instantly.