Google Chrome is one of the finest application browsers for web surfing. However, there might be several glitches stuck with the application after at a time which is fairly common according to the users. Among all of its technical errors, one such is Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b, which is one of the most offending ones. The error codes generally occur due to Windows system file damages or the wrong installation process. This error code is used to alert programs files and system users by the Windows server. The error code 0x8004071b usually strikes with an error note that says “Chrome can’t be installed, error 0x8004071b” which is quite frustrating among all the users. Several users are puzzled with this annoying error code as they have no proper solution to crack this error. But finally, we got some amazing tricks to settle this error in minutes.
So, if are one of those and don’t know what to do and how to, then this article is your saviour. In this content, we will talk about all the reasons and compelling solutions to terminate this error code as soon as possible.
What Causes Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071b Occurs?
If your computer is running through Chrome error code 0x8004071b, then there might be several reasons behind this error. In most of the cases, this error code occurs due to the incompatible download of Google Chrome application. Sometimes, this error also occurs due to incomplete installation or the wrong installation process. Corruption of Windows registry keys or the missing registry keys is another prime suspect for this error code. Using a third-party application on your Windows system can also cause error code 0x8004071b on your computer. Sometimes, if the BIOS file goes damaged or outdated, then it will also result in this error code. But finally, we have enough solutions to eliminate this error code, that we will talk about in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Fix Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071b
We have arranged a few effective and effortless methods to eliminate Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071b in no time. You can proceed by either one of these solutions or all the solutions until you have the error code terminated.
Method 1: Reboot the Computer/Laptop Manually
The initial method you have to perform is to reboot your computer in order to eliminate Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b. Sometimes, rebooting the computer can recover numerous error codes including the Chrome installation error. Continue through the steps below to reboot your computer/laptop.
- If the computer is turned On, simply close all the running tabs. Now, you can see the Windows Start button on the bottom-left corner of the screen, click on that.
- After that, select the Power button and click on that to select the Restart option. You can also do the same by pressing Alt+F4 key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, after pressing the Restart button, the screen will go black completely and then do nothing.
- Wait for the computer to start automatically, and then wait for a couple of minutes before you check for the error 0x8004071b.
After fulfilling all the above steps successfully, verify whether the error code 0x8004071b is solved. If the error code still resumes or the above methods don’t act, try another solution below.
Method 2: Run SFC/Scannow Method on your Computer
SFC/scannow is an in-built feature in every Windows version that allows the computer to scan for the defected files and repair them automatically. You need to go through this method in order to eliminate this error. Go through the steps described below to finish the task.
- At first, turn On your computer and press the Windows + R key at the same time, on the keyboard to invoke the Run Command.
- When the Run window opens, type ‘SFC/scannow’ in the command box and tap the Enter key or simply click on the OK button.
- On the next window, wait for the scan to complete and when the scan is complete, click on Show Results option.
- After that, click on the Restore/Delete option at the very bottom of the window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and click on Finish, when you are done.
After successfully sorting out the errors, restart the computer and check if the error is now all settled. If still the issue exists, try another solution described below.
Method 3: Reinstall the Application Manually
If the error code still continues, you need to first uninstall the application, and then reinstall it back in order to remove this error code 0x8004071b from your Windows. Sometimes, the improper installation or the incomplete installation cause this error. Hence, go through the steps below to perform a fresh installation of that affected software or application.
- At first, turn On the computer and tap the Windows Start switch from the bottom-left corner of the computer’s screen.
- After that, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- When the Control Panel opens, locate the ‘Apps and Features’ option from the left side of the screen.
- Drive to the Application that you want to uninstall and right-click on that file, and then select the Uninstall option from the list.
- After that, click on OK and then on Continue to complete the uninstallation process of that affected application.
- When the Uninstallation completes, open a Web browser and go to the Manufacturer’s website of Google Chrome.
- Select the Download button at the very bottom of the screen and click on that.
- Save the “.exe” in a folder and when the download completes, drive to that folder where you saved the application file.
- After that, double click on that file and select the Extract option, and then click on Next.
- Click the Checkbox to “Accept all the terms and conditions” to install the software application and select the Next option.
- At last, click on the Finish button when the installation completes and close all the tabs on your computer.
After successfully completing all those above steps, restart your computer and see if the error code 0x8004071b is now resolved. If the above method doesn’t work or the error code still persists, try the next solution discussed below.
Method 4: Update the Computer’s BIOS Version
If none of the above methods worked, then updating the computer’s BIOS version is the only hope to eliminate the Chrome error 0x8004071b. Outdated BIOS or corrupted BIOS can prevent several applications to be installed. Hence, you need to go through the steps below in order to update the BIOS version.
Downloading the BIOS File
- At first, turn On your computer and tap the Windows Start button at the left-bottom corner of the window.
- Type “msinfo” into the search bar and tap the Enter key to invoke the System Information on the next window.
- Now, locate the System Model option, on the screen and copy the computer’s model name and number.
- After that, navigate to the BIOS version number on the desktop. On the other hand, if you have a custom-built computer, simply skip this step.
- Now, open a web browser on the desktop and drive to the manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS file.
- Enter the BIOS version number, Model number, and Model name in the box and tap the Enter key to search for the latest BIOS version.
- You can see a list of all the options on the next screen. Simply click on the ‘Download’ button at the very bottom of the page.
- Next, click on ‘Confirm’ option to begin the BIOS download.
Installing the BIOS
- After the download completes, move to the Drive/Folder where you have saved the BIOS file and simply open the folder.
- Copy all the files to a USB drive and restart the computer to begin the process.
- When the logo appears on the startup screen, simply press the F12 key to enter the BIOS setup page.
- Select the BOOT tab from the screen and ensure that the USB drive is showing the Flash option.
- Select the Flash option, from the Advanced tab and allow the computer to update the BIOS.
- Double-click on the BIOS.exe file and select the Extract option from the list.
- Now, click on Run, and then on Next to begin the installation process.
- Click on the “Accept all the Terms and Conditions” checkbox, and then click on Next option until the software application begins to install.
- Do not turn Off the computer while the BIOS is updating and click on Finish button after the BIOS installation gets complete.
After successfully performing all those steps, restart your computer and check if the error code is resolved.
We have talked about every possible and top-notch solution to eliminate Google Chrome error 0x8004071b. It seems quite annoying when the computer is struck with the error code 0x8004071b. You can proceed through either one of these solutions or can try all the solutions we have discussed above in order to fix this error code. Hope, the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on fixed Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071b. In case, the error code still remains or the above methods don’t act well, then there might be some other technical faults within the system. In that situation, we recommend you to take technical assistance or professional guidance. At last, drop us your feedback below in the comment box to let us grasp about your experience.