If you install, uninstall or update several apps from Google play store then you might face “Error code 910”. This is one of the common errors that most of the users complain about. Generally, you can find this error for the apps which are in large size. So, if you are fond of games and love to install various games from Google play store, you can see “Game” Can’t be installed, can’t be installed. After trying several times, if you are unable to solve this problem then you must find out the root of this cause and solve the problem as soon as possible.
Reasons behind Google Play Error Code 910:
After doing various research, we are able to find out some of the common causes of google play store error code 910. Here, we are going to highlight all of these scenarios for your better understanding.
- Corrupted data is one of the major causes of this error code. So, if bad cache data is stuck in the installation folder or the cache folder, this error might appear.
- Another reason could be a corrupted Google account.
- If you are using an SD card for your Android device to store more data then sometimes you see this data is inaccessible due to some unwanted reason and this error pops up on your screen. Even if there is any corruption present on the SD card, this error might arise.
- If your device model and the application that you are using for your device are not supporting each other then this error might trigger.
- Most of the users find this error on their Blackberry Priv devices which are running Android 6.0+. Due to the lack of admin privileges of the Blackberry launcher, this error message might pop up.
- In case an app has a critical condition and you try to debug the app, this error might appear.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot Error Code 910
If you find the above-mentioned scenarios and google play store error code 910 then, the following methods will help you to solve this problem.
Method 1: Remove the Corrupted Cache of the Google Play Store
Most of the users sorted this problem by clearing the cache of the Google play store app.
- Go to the home screen of your Android device and click on the Settings menu.
- Search Apps or App manager or hit Apps & notifications inside the Settings menu.
- Find the Google Play store by scrolling through the list of apps. Once you see it, click on it to open.
- Go to Storage from the info menu of the Google Play store.
- Click on Clear Cache and complete the process. Click on Clear Data to remove the bad data.
- Once you clear your cache and data, reboot your system and update the problematic app.
Method 2: Change the Place of the App
Usually, error code 910 occurs when you try to update any particular app which is already installed in your external SD storage. Moving the place of the app from external storage to internal might solve this issue as this app might update normally. Therefore, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Apps & Notifications.
- To see all the installed applications, click on the Apps from the Application list.
- Find the app that you are unable to install or update in the list of installed applications and tab on it.
- Go to Storage>Change Storage Location>Internal Storage.
- Once you move the app’s location, try to update the app. In case you find the issue gets resolved then move it back to its initial place.
Method 3: Enable the Admin Access
Changing the Admin control to enable the admin access might resolve this issue,
- Navigate to Settings on your Blackberry Priv device.
- On the Settings window, go to the Personal and then Security.
- Then, tab Device administrators/Device Admin Apps
- Disable the admin access of Google Pay and enable the Blackberry Launcher for the admin access.
- Navigate to Settings>Device>Users and log out your account by selecting the “Guest” option.
- Choose “Myself” after waiting for a couple of seconds and login back by following the on-screen instructions.
- Go back to Google Play>My apps and games try to attempt the update or installation process.
Method 4: Eject SD Card Settings
It is one of the recommended methods that can help you to resolve this issue.
- Launch Settings on your Android device and click on Storage.
- Hit the Unmount SD card inside the Storage screen and click OK to make your Android device feel that the SD card has been removed physically.
- Reopen the Google Play store and try to download and update the problematic app to check the error.
Method 5: Delete Google Account
If you notice Error code 910 while trying to update or install any particular device then, you can sign in and sign out from your Google account and resolve the issue.
- Launch Settings on your Android phone and click the Accounts from the list.
- Locate your Google account inside the Users & accounts and click on it.
- Go to the bottom of the screen on the Google account settings and hit the Remove option.
- After removing the Google account. Go back to the User & accounts screen (Accounts) and click on the Add account.
- Hit Google from the Add an account window and re-add the Google account by following the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your login credentials and log in to your Google account.
- Reboot your computer and try to update the problematic app to check the issue.
Method 6: Use a Third Party Website
If none of the methods work and you are unable to update or install your desired app or is getting Error code 910 then you can download and install the app by using the third party website. This method can be useful if there is an issue of incompatibility or the latest application update will not be supported by your current Android version. To learn how to use a third party website you can follow these below-mentioned steps.
- Find out a secure third party website online and visit its page.
- Type in the search bar the name of the app that you are unable to install or update.
- Once you find the app, tap on it and click on OK to start the download process.
- After completing the download process, install the app by following the on-screen instructions. In case you are asked to confirm to update and install over your existing app, click Install and complete the process.
During the installation process, if your device is being blocked by unknown sources then navigate to Settings>Security & Privacy. Make sure that you change the default install unknown apps behavior is marked as Allowed under your browser.
An Additional Method
Various tools are available that you can try to resolve this issue. These tools are advanced and can be used to remove the application package. But to use these tools you need to set up your Android device and computer. From installing to debugging the apps, these tools are capable of performing various operations. All you need to do is to install the latest version of these tools and use them to resolve error code 910.