You can consider HTTP or Hypertext Transfer Protocol as a language of the Internet that helps the system to interact with each other. It is a format to transfer data for the www (World Wide Web). But, HTTP is also not free from random glitches. HTTP error 405 is one of the most common errors faced by several users. It indicates that the server has declined a process for the requested resource despite receiving as well as recognizing it.
If you also face the same error for the first time, then it is quite a difficult task for you to solve this error by yourself. But, nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to present some amazing tips and tricks that can help you to fix this error. But before going to discuss the troubleshooting hacks, we are going to focus on some facts that you need to know before going to fix the error. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below to get a complete idea about error 405.
Take a Look at the Different HTTP Methods:
The error 405 appears with various notifications. Some of them are given in the below phrases:
- 405 Method Not Allowed
- HTTP Status 405 – HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL
- 405 – HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed
- Method Not Allowed
- HTTP 405 Error
- Error: 405 Method Not Allowed
- HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed
- 405 Not Allowed
- HTTP Error 405 – Method Not Allowed
HTTP has several methods in different names as well as functions. Have a look at the common methods given below to get a basic idea about them:
GET: Recovers the data recognised by the URL source. From this information, it receives data from a particular source.
POST: Transfer information to the server to be continued by a particular source.
HEAD: Same method like ‘GET.’ But, here the server only delivers the header information of HTTP. It never transfers the document body recognised by the URL source. This is a great way to summarise the central points of a web page.
PUT: Upload the information for a specific URL to the customer who requested this. For example, it uploads a new web page to the server.
DELETE: Eliminates the information related to the URL source. For example, it can be used to delete a web page.
CONNECT: Built a tunnel to the server as assigned by the objective source.
OPTIONS: Explains the interface options for the particular destination source.
PATCH: To apply partial changes of a web page.
What Causes the HTTP Error 405?
There are several reasons behind the HTTP error 405. It’s become easy to solve an error when you know the root causes behind the error. Hence, you need to have a glance at the reasons given below:
- The error occurs because of the misconfiguration of the software components. It can also appear if you do not configure the web server in a proper way.
- For any security reason, if the administrator of the website restricts the HTTP process, then you can face the error.
- The error 405 can also occur from the URL source.
- Due to the corrupted system files, you can also face this error.
- If your default internet browser is affected by the virus or malware, then it started to control the browser. It also might be the reason behind this issue.
Now, you are aware of the reasons which are responsible for this error. Match the above points with your current situations and identify the specific reason behind the issue. Now, you just need some hacks to fix the ‘error 405: HTTP method get is not supported by this URL’ issue.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix HTTP Error 405:
There are several ways to fix error 405. Stick to the troubleshooting hacks given below to fix this error:
Solution 1: Perform a Virus/ Malware Scan
The first thing you need to do is to perform a virus or malware scan of the system. There is a chance that the error is being generated by the virus or malware infection on the system. It can corrupt, damage as well as delete the data or code of the browser. Hence, first, you need to make sure that there are no virus or malware on the default browser of the system. After completing the scanning process, you need to check that the HTTP error 405 still showing or not. If you see that the error persists, then move on to the solutions given below.
Solution 2: Add a Script Map for the Extension
A script map can help the users to link a specific file type with a supplied script. The server runs the script on the supplied file and then transfers it to the web browser. This may fix the error because the script file can make it accessible by converting to the ‘.dll’ file. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and click on the Start logo.
- Then, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search field and click on the ‘Control Panel.’
- Now, navigate to the ‘Internet Information Services’ by going to the ‘Administrative Tools’ tab. Tap on the ‘COMPUTERNAME’ option.
- Then, right-click on your Default website. Choose the Properties from the list.
- Now, it will open a new tab. Here, you have to go to the Home Directory tab. Then, tap on the ‘Configuration’ option.
- Navigate to the Mappings tab. Tap on the Add button.
- Now, tap on the Browse button. Select ‘Dynamic Link Libraries’ under the Files Type menu.
- Next, you need to type ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll’ in the specific field.
- As a result, it will open an extension box. Here you have to type ‘.html.’
- Tap on the ‘Limit to button’ option. Then, type ‘POST’, ‘GET’ in the box near to it.
- After that, tap on the OK button.
- Now, restart the system to save the changes.
Check that the error has been fixed or not. If the error still persists, then perform the solutions given below.
Solution 3: Check the Extensions of the Web Server
Now, you should try to check the extensions of the web server to check if it can fix the HTTP error 405. To check this, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, open the Start menu.
- Then, open the ‘Programs.’
- Tapon the ‘Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack’ option.
- Now, you have to choose the ‘Microsoft Internet Information Server’ from the current window.
- Navigate to the ‘Internet Service Manager’ section.
- Right-click on the virtual server that is named by ‘be _vit_bin.’
- Then, choose the ‘Task’ option and tap on the ‘Check Server Extensions.’
After that, you have to check whether the ‘error 405: HTTP method get is not supported by this URL’ issue still persists or not. If you see that the issue is not gone, then follow the solution given below.
Solution 4: Run the SFC or System File Checker
SFC is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System. It helps the user to scan the system files of the computer. It also has the capability to repair the corrupted system files. Hence, you should run the System File Checker to check if it can solve the HTTP error 405. To run this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Then, type ‘cmd’ in the search field.
- As a result, it will show the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ to run the Command Prompt with the administrator privilege.
- Now, type ‘sfc/scannow’ on the Command Prompt window.
- Hit the Enter to execute the command.
- Now, you have to wait for a few time until it completes the scanning process.
- Exit from the Command Prompt window by pressing the Alt and F4 keys simultaneously and restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you need to check whether the error has been solved or not. If you see that the error still persists, then go to the solution given below.
Solution 5: Clean the Junk Files from the System
The HTTP error 405 can also occur due to the junk files of the system. Hence, you need to clean the junk files of the system to check if it can solve the error. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Then, type ‘command’ in the search field.
- Hold the Shift and Ctrl key simultaneously from the keyboard, you need to hit the Enter.
- Now, the window will prompt a dialogue box.
- Tap on the Yes button.
- Now, you will see a box will appear.
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ in the box and hit the Enter.
- Now, the Disk Cleanup will start to calculate the occupied disk space of the system and it will show you a list of junk files of the system.
- Tick the boxes of the junk files which you want to remove from the system.
- Right-click on them and choose Delete from the system.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you need to check whether the ‘error 405: HTTP method get is not supported by this URL’ issue is resolved.
In the above guide, we have provided some of the easiest solutions to fix the HTTP error 405. We hope if you perform the above ways in their given order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error.
buy celexa generic onlinebuynoprescriptionrx.com/celexa.html over the counter
After successfully implementing the above steps, if you still face any kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.