The error ‘Failed to install BattlEye Service’ is an exasperating issue that is capable enough of ruining all your positive vibes regarding gaming within a few seconds. The error message that pops up when you are trying to launch your game is the one containing BattlEye anti-cheat service. Therefore, the crashing of the game or the freezing of it is clearly a most unusual consequence for any gamer who wants to spend quality time in front of the desktop.
There is no way denying the fact that the delight of acting in your favorite gaming zone. You are not the only one to receive such kind of problem As a result, we have outlined a list of proven tips to resolve failed to install BattlEye service after conducting thorough research. Therefore, follow this informative user guide and get this issue resolved instantly.
Effective Hacks to Overcome Failed to Install BattlEye Service
Below are some of the beneficial ways to prevent the above-mentioned service
Fix 1: Reboot the System
That is the simplest and undoubtedly the most effective troubleshooting step that you can go for. You just need to restart your PC in order to examine whether the issue is resolved. We generously hope this elementary step can get your game up and running.
Fix 2: Updating the Drivers
Obsolete drivers can cause certain problems with games. As a result, in order to fix the BattlEye service, you should give your drivers quality shape. You can hover onto the vendor’s website and look for the recent version of the hardware. However, this process appears to be bit lengthy and henceforth, you may mistakenly install a wrong driver which will generate serious threat. Therefore, we advise you to use the in-built Device Manager in order to update the drivers.
You need to configure the Device Manager in order to find the required driver software online. However, it may fail to find the necessary things. Moreover, updating the driver software using Device Manager is a hectic process. Keeping all things in mind, the final verdict is it has some setbacks.
Fix 3: Run your game as an Administrator
Did you receive any fruitful outcome till now? Since we have already mentioned the driver issues, it is high time that you obtain the Admin rights. In order to run a game as an administrator in Windows, you need to go through the following steps:
- In order to begin, right-click on the .exe file of your game. After that, choose Properties. Conversely, you have the provision to right-click on your game’s shortcut. After that, you need to navigate to the Properties section.
- Now, you need to hover on to the Compatibility tab. After that, examine the option entitled Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click Apply and press OK in order to save the unsaved changes.
Finally, run the game and examine whether the error persists or not.
Fix 4: Examine the Game Files
The major problem is that few of your game files might get corrupted or may be missing. In order to examine their integrity, follow the below instructions:
- First, you need to log in to your Steam client and then press Library.
- Next, spot your game and then right-click on it.
- After that, choose Properties from the available list.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Then, choose the option marked as Verify integrity of game files.
The validation process is a bit lengthy one. So, wait patiently for a while. After getting all the clearance, you are good to move ahead. Finally, hit Close and set up your game to examine if the issue persists or not.
Fix 5: Running the BattlEye Installer With the Help of Admin Privileges
If you are perplexed on how to fix failed to install BattlEye service error, then it is advisable to run the BattlEye launcher as an administrator. In order to begin, follow the below steps strictly:
- Move to your game directory present in File Explorer (Windows logo + E).
- Once you are there, you need to navigate to the .exe file of your game ending with “_BE” as the name. This is basically the BattlEye launcher you should run.
- Now, you have the provision to right-click on the launcher. After that, choose Properties available in the menu.
- Next, its time to open the Compatibility tab. Then, find out the option marked as Run this program as an administrator and then examine.
- Finally, press Apply and click on OK.
Still facing problems? Keep your negative thoughts aside since there are two more ways to overcome failed to install BattlEye services issue.
Fix 6: Running the BattlEye Launcher Manually
Persistent BattlEye installation problems are precursors to grave concern and therefore you should handle this on your own. Therefore, you need to do a manual installation of the BattlEye service to prevent failed to install BattlEye service issue.
- In order to begin, press the Windows logo key as well as the shortcut E simultaneously available on your keyboard.
- You will find the File Explorer. Once you are inside it, move to the BE Service directory. It can be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye).
- Now, you need to locate. After that, you need to launch install_BattlEye.bat/install_BattlEye.
- Then, you have to wait until the installation of the BattleEye service gets over.
Now let’s examine if this trick works or not. Start your game and examine whether the error has disappeared or not.
Fix 7: Run an Anti-malware scan
If you are here so far, there are certain probabilities that your PC is infected with malware or encounter certain unwanted attacks. Indeed, the game crashes and freezes often retraced from unknown entities attacking and gaining control on Windows. It clearly signifies the fact that you should perform a full scan without much delay. If you linger, your OS might face some real problem.
In order to examine your system for malware, you need to use the in-built tools.
- Find out the Search box in your Start menu. Then, enter the word Defender
- Next, you need to press the Windows Defender option.
- When you are in Windows Defender, move to the option marked as Scan. After that, click the arrow adjacent to it.
- Finally, choose Full Scan.
Windows 8 (8.1)
- In order to begin, launch your Start menu. After that, move to the Search box.
- Next, write “‘Windows Defender’.
- After that, you need to choose the Windows Defender. Now, you need to press the Update option and move to the Home option.
- Finally, you can hover on to the Scan Options. Then, click Full and select Scan now option.
- In order to start, press the Windows logo key as well as the I key simultaneously.
- Next, you need to open Update & Security. After that, choose Windows Defender.
- Now press Windows Defender available on the Windows Defender screen.
- You will find the Windows Defender Security Center window in front of you.
- After that, click on the shield icon available in the left pane.
- Next, you need to click on Advanced scan.
- Finally, you need to choose a Full scan in order to complete the process.
In a nutshell, this informative user guide comes with unique and innovative fixes to prevent failed to install BattlEye services issue in one go. Therefore, before you look for any third party tool go through this user guide once to know the effective hacks that you can apply instantly to get it to fix. If you have new idea spinning around your head, provide that in the comment section below.