iTunes is a media player that helps the users to download and listen to unlimited music on iOS devices. But sometimes, you can face issues on iPhone while connecting it with iTunes. Most likely this error occurs when you try to restore DFU on iPhone.
Whatever be the reason behind this error, you can easily fix it. Here, we are going to mention the effective methods to get rid of this abrupt problem.
4 Methods to Resolve “iTunes Could Not Connect to This iPhone. The Value Is Missing.” on iPhone 6s and 7s
In this section, we are mentioning the procedures that can fix the error. This will further ensure that you can use iTunes again on the iPhone without any hassle.
Now, to fix the error, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps in the exact sequence provided.
Method 1: Update the iTunes
You can get iTunes error if you fail to update the application. In that case, you need to update iTunes. Thus, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the iPhone and then tap on the “iTunes”.
- Now, let’s move to the “Help” tab. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
- iTunes will now search for the latest update and download them automatically.
You need to wait for a while until the updating process gets complete. After updating iTunes, you will be able to resolve the error. But, if you are still getting the error, we would suggest you move to the next solution.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
Sometimes, downloading the default or corrupted version of iTunes can lead to this error. In that case, you need to uninstall the iTunes first and then install it again on the iPhone.
How to Uninstall Itune on Windows PC?
Uninstalling iTunes consists of some simple steps. You just need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Start Button and from there, go to the Control Panel.
- Now, tap on the “Programs” section. Then, go to the “Programs and Features”
- From the list of the programs, search for the “iTunes” application.
- Right-click on it and choose the “uninstall” option from the drop-down menu.
You can also uninstall all iTunes related applications, such as Bonjour, Apple Support and others. Now, restart the device, after uninstalling iTunes.
How to Uninstall iTunes from iPhone?
To uninstall iTunes from iPhone, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device and go to the “Settings” section.
- Put your name and then tap on the “iTunes & App Store section”.
- Now, tap on the “Apple ID” and put the password next.
- Scroll down to “iTunes” and then tap on the “Remove” button to remove iTunes from the device.
Now, after uninstalling iTunes, you need to reinstall it again on the iPhone and Windows PC.
How to Reinstall iTunes on Windows PC?
Reinstalling iTunes is quite simple and precise. To reinstall iTunes, you just need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser and from there, go to the Address bar.
- In the address bar, write “www. Appel.com”.
- Search for iTunes and then tap on the Download button.
- After downloading the file, install the latest version of the application in the device.
By just implementing the steps, you will be able to reinstall iTunes in the Windows PC.
How to Reinstall iTunes on iPhone?
If you want to reinstall iTunes in the iPhone, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device and go to the “App Store”. Go to the Search bar.
- In the search box, write “iTunes Store”. You will get a list of results next.
- Tap on the iTunes store and then tap on the “Get” button.
- Now, tap on the “Install” button.
Now, you have successfully installed iTunes again in the device. Try to listen to songs and cheek if you’re getting the same error message. If you are still facing the same thing, proceed to the next procedure.
Method 3: Turn on the DFU Mode
You can get the missing value error message, at the time of updating or restoring the device. To avoid such error, you need to enable the DFU mode. And to turn on the DFU mode, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you need to switch off the iPhone and turn it on again and open iTunes.
- Now, link the iPhone with the PC using the “Power and Home” buttons on iPhone 6s/6s plus.
Note: If you use iPhone 7, you need to hold the Power and the Volume down button to connect both the devices.
- Now, you need to release the Power button after a while. Keep on holding the Home button.
- Next, you will see the “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” message on iPhone.
Once you get this message, you will be able to update or restore the iPhone. But even after doing the above steps fails to help you to fix the error, you can move to the next solution.
Method 4: Enable the Recovery Mode
If you are still facing issues on the iPhone, then you need to turn On the Recovery mode on the iPhone. But first, make sure that you have a backup of all the iPhone data.
Now, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect the iPhone with the computer. Now, open the iTunes application.
- When the iPhone will connect, force starts the device.
- To force restart the device, you need to hold the Home and the Volume button.
- You need to hold both the buttons until you see the iTunes logo.
Now, a dialog box will appear on the screen, stating two options, one is, “Update” and another “Restore” option. Tap on it and you will be able to fix the error.