Scanning error is an annoying issue for the Kodak Printer users. At times, it fails to work properly and you get stuck with an unexpected error message saying “Kodak printer error code 3802”. It reduces the scanning speed as well as responsible for the generating bad quality hardcopies.
Even, the printer stops to respond after a certain time and stops working as well. However, we are going to discuss the effective methods in this article to overcome this situation without any hassle.
Significant Reasons for Kodak Printer Error Code 3802
Some of the common factors become critical and create the Kodak printer issue very often. Moreover, it hampers the entire scanning process and shows the error message – “Kodak printer error code 3802”.
- Outdated Kodak Printer Driver causes the Kodak Printer error and prevents the scanning process.
- Cable connection error and the network connection problem both are responsible for this printer flaws.
- The Kodak printer error occurs due to printhead problems and obsolete firmware.
- Motherboard issue is another barrier that is one of the critical factors behind the Kodak printer issue.
- Presence of clogs and debris, dust,etc inside the printhead and the cartridge are another reason for Kodak printer error code 3802.
How to Fix Kodak Printer Error Code 3802: Technical Troubleshooting Steps
There are lots of ways to resolve the Kodak printer error effectively. Here, we are going to talk about some of the effective steps to overcome this critical issue. So, you can try out those feasible solutions to tackle this severe problem immediately.
Method 1: Upgrade the Printer Driver
- Type “devicemgr” in the Cortana search box and open the Device Manager window by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, locate the Printers and Devices option from the list of available hardware devices on the Device Manager window.
- After that, expand the Printers & Devices and choose the Kodak Printer. In the case of multiple printers, choose the correct model number.
- To continue, right-click on the Printer Driver and select the option Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- Confirm the driver upgrade process by tapping the YES button from the confirmation box. It will start to run automatically and take a couple of minutes to finish the Printer Driver installation process.
- When done, click the Finish button and close the installation window. Finally, try to connect the printer to the PC and check whether the Kodak printer error code 3802 after restarting it.
Method 2: Check the Printer Status
- Type “control” in the search box and click the Control Panel option.
- After launching the Control Panel window, choose the program entitled Devices & Printers.
- Double-tap on it and scroll down if multiple printer devices are attached to your computer.
- Now, check whether the printer status whether it is online or not. If it shows the status as “Offline”, then click on it to enable.
- Next, click the ready Choice option immediately and tap the online printer menu to keep the device enable.
- Wait until the entire process is done and restart the PC as well as the Kodak printer to avoid the scanning error.
Method 3: Clean and Reinstall the Printhead
- First, open the printer doors and access the printer head of the Kodak printer.
- Next, remove the cartridges and separate the printhead gently from the printer.
- Clean both the ink cartridges and the printer head by a non-corrosive chemical solution. So, damp a cotton ball in this solution, then wipe off it by clean and dry piece of cloth.
- Then, install the cartridges and the printer head to their proper positions. After that, restart the printer.
- Finally, try to take a printout and verify whether the Kodak printer error code 3802 persists or not.
Method 4: Update the Kodak Printer Firmware
- First, connect the Kodak printer to the Windows PC and get the internet connection.
- Now, double-tap on the browser to launch it. After that, type the Kodak printer official URL in the address bar and click the Search button.
- After opening the website, enter the Kodak model in the given text box and press the Enter key to get a compatible version of the Kodak Printer firmware.
- Next, Click the Download button and save the downloaded folder on the desktop.
- Now, close the window and double-tap on the new folder. Click on the Kodak Printer installer file and wait until it runs successfully.
- Follow the on-screen instructions from the printer firmware wizard window.
- After installing the printer firmware, try to reboot the Kodak printer as well as the Windows 10 PC successfully.
- Finally, try to connect the printer to the device and check whether the scanning issue got fixed or not.
Method 5: Restart the Printer
If the Firmware is updated, then try the following steps to overcome the 3802 error effectively.
- Disconnect all the cables and wires connected to the device and printer.
- Now, wait for 60-90 seconds and connect all the connectors to the printer as well as the device.
- Next, press the ON/OFF button and reboot the printer again in Normal mode. Then, restart the system and connect it to the scanner to verify whether the printer is working properly or not.
Method 6: Reset the Printer
- First, disconnect the connectors, cables from the printer as well as from the power outlet.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and press the Reset button from the back of the Kodak printer and hold it until the indicator light is shown on the printer display.
- After that, connect the printer to the device via cables and also connect them to the power outlet.
- Finally, try to print and check whether the Kodak printer error code 3802 appears on the screen or not.
Method 7: Clean the Mechanic Pad
- Make sure that the printer is turned off and separate it from the power outlet.
- Now, drop the sheets of the Kodak printer and then clean the scouring pads. The machine should be in sleep mode until this cleaning process is done.
- Next, connect all the cables to connect the Kodak printer to the device and the power socket.
- Finally, wait for a few seconds and turn it on by pressing the Restart button and reboot the system.
Things to Consider
You must verify the USB connection whether the cable which is used to connect the device to the Kodak printer is defective or not. If any problem occurs, then replace with a new one as soon as possible.
Besides this, make sure that the USB port is not damaged and if it creates a problem, repair it immediately to fix this annoying issue.
In the case of wireless printer, you must check the Wi-Fi signal first. If the signal drops on a frequent basis or shows a weak signal, then contact the ISP to resolve the network issue.
In the case of the router issue, press the Reset key from the back of the router and perform the factory settings to avoid the internet connection problem quickly.
In the above article, we have discussed the effective solutions to fix the Kodak printer error code 3802. Moreover, it helps to enhance the scanner performance as well as speed up the printer. Furthermore, we have tried to analyze the major problems behind this annoying issue. Again, we have discussed the possible symptoms that help you to avoid the problem at the very initial stage of the problem. So, we hope this content will be beneficial for the Kodak Printer users to overcome the scanning issue effectively.