When you are using a Linksys router, it is very common that you face certain technical problems like Linksys error 2118. This is one kind of issue faced by almost all the Linksys users at least once in their lifetime. It gives you an early indication of a configuration problem. You can affix this error if you perform a factory reset of the router. This error generally takes place when you are working hard to configure the Linksys router.
The underlying causes concerning this annoying error may be a firmware upgrade, improper internet connectivity, router not found, account suspended and many more. However, there are certain hacks to resolve this annoying error in no time. For that, you need to follow this article patiently.
We have enumerated the effective solutions as well as probable reasons behind this error in this informative post. Whatever be the cause of concern, you don’t need to panic. Just follow this post carefully to fix Linksys router error 2118 using basic troubleshooting steps.
Underlying Causes Behind Linksys Error 2118
- It can happen because of configuration issue.
- Users may encounter certain errors due to poor network.
- The issue in the router settings can also be cited as a prominent reason behind this error.
- Some problems can arise owing to the default account settings which can lead to this error.
These are obvious reasons because of which this annoying issue creeps in. Therefore, it is important to fix Linksys Error 2118 since it can post severe problems disrupting the normal functioning of the router.
Please have a look at the below-mentioned section in order to fix this issue quickly and effectively. This informative blog will help you to fix this Linksys Router error 2118.
Effective Hacks to Resolve Linksys Router Error 2118
Just go through the below steps to fix Linksys Error 2118.
Fix 1: Examine Internet Connectivity
Examining the internet connection is effective to resolve this issue. This error 2118 takes place several times owing to the poor internet connection, temporary failure of the network, or unavailability of internet connection.
Therefore, before you move ahead with the configuration of the router, you need to have a suitable internet connection.
Fix 2: Unable to Find the Router
When you log in to the WiFi account you may face this issue of not being able to find the router many a time. In order to fix this, you need to go through the instructions available in the router not found window.
Fix 3: Examining the Router Setup
Linksys router error 2118 takes place if you continue pressing the Retry button after receiving router not found alert. In order to get it resolved, you need to establish your router by following instructions mentioned in the prompt.
Next, you need to tick the checkbox entitled “I understand my network is currently open and not secure. I would like to use the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account to configure my router’s security settings”. Finally, click on Continue to complete the process.
Fix 4: Examine PC as well as Security Software Configurations
You must turn off the antivirus as well as firewall programs on your computer when you are testing Linksys router.
Fix 5: Examine Firmware Version
You need to examine the firmware version which you load currently. Often, you can easily fix this issue if you make an attempt to reload the firmware manually. Just you need to check the firmware of the router against the database of the Linksys. After that, you need to download it manually and then move ahead installing the firmware updates.
If you follow the above steps generously you can easily get rid of this annoying Linksys error 2118. However, if the issue still continues, you need to follow the below alternative ways to fix the aforementioned error.
Alternative Ways to Fix Linksys Router Error 2118
In this section, we will discuss some alternative ways to resolve this issue as fast as possible. Let’s take a glimpse at those fixes mentioned below.
Solution 1: Reset to Factory Settings
To eradicate this annoying issue, you need to reset the router to the default factory settings. Before that, you need to perform a reset operation on the hard disk. When you are done with the reboot, you can update the firmware application easily with the help of the advanced mode of Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Also, you can perform another reset operation after the successful update. After that, move ahead with the reconfiguring of the router.
Solution 2: Disabling IPv6
You may encounter this failure when IPv6 failure takes place.
- In order to combat this issue, first, get your Linksys cloud account.
- Then, hover on to the Router Settings.
- Now, move to the connectivity settings available in the Connectivity option.
- Eventually, hit on disable IPv6 to complete this process.
Solution 3: Establish the Router
Whenever you receive the alert “Router Not Found”, it comes with an error message which states “Retry Choice”. Your incessant tick on the Retry button will lead to this failure of router not set up. This issue also persists when you receive Linksys Router Login screen adjacent to reset to router option.
In this scenario, you will find a pop up which states “I realize that my network is presently open and not protected. I would like to use Linksys Smart WiFi Account to configure my router’s security settings’”. Therefore, you need to tick on that checkbox and press on Continue option.
Solution 4: Updating WLAN Card Driver
If your system finds the main Wi-Fi, but unable to connect with it owing to limited access, then the drivers are not working as expected. In order to get relief from this, we advise you to update the WLAN card drivers.
Follow the instructions below on how to fix Linskys error 2018 after updating the WLAN Card Driver.
- The first and foremost thing is to hit the Windows home button as well as the R key in order to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box. Next, you need to press the Enter button. Else, you may click the OK option. If you find the administrator password, enter the password and press on Allow option for confirmation.
- Navigate to the Network Adapters devices section when you find the Device Manager Window.
- Move down to the bottom of the page and there you can view the Wireless/WiFi device. After that, just right-click on it in order to open the list.
- Moreover, select the option entitled Update Driver Software.
- Now, you have to choose Scan Automatically for Updated Driver Software option. After that, scanning will start and you will find whether the update is available or not.
- When you find it, press Update option. The system will automatically start updating the process of WLAN driver.
- Finally, when this is done restart the system to examine whether the issue still persists or not.
In this article, we have provided the easiest procedure that will help you to get rid of this annoying Linksys error 2118. If you follow the above-mentioned steps thoroughly and apply them properly, you can fix this issue without any further trouble. Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick glance.
If you have any new solution to fix this aforementioned issue, you can provide that in the comment section present at the bottom.